aliens

Author Topic: Contracts  (Read 8625 times)

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
Contracts
« on: May 05, 2014, 06:42:03 pm »
maybe we could have x-com take contracts where they take different jobs from nations to get rid humans negatively effecting them.  like maybe a rebel group pops up in Nigeria and you can to stop them from hi-jacking a ship, attacking a capitol, holding hostages at a base etc.  while this sounds like bringing your status down from defender of earth to world police here is what it could add in terms of game-play:

• Would provide basic training for recruits so you don't have to go through 3 months before becoming a sergeant
  • Would give you more things to do in early months while you wait for stuff to happen
  • Would add a bit of variety instead of killing exclusively the same level of alien for 1/2 months straight
  • Wouldn't have a penalty if skipped and only a slight addition to countries liking of you (maybe 10-100)

anyone have any thoughts on this?

Offline CoolKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Contracts
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 07:08:09 pm »
like maybe a rebel group pops up in Nigeria and you can to stop them from hi-jacking a ship, attacking a capitol, holding hostages at a base etc.  while this sounds like bringing your status down from defender of earth to world police

Sound's like X-Com apocalypse to me. But, what do you mean by "holding hostages at a base"? Making humans a hostages? X-Com would never do that! :o

Would provide basic training for recruits

I like this (+1)

Would add a bit of variety instead of killing exclusively the same level of alien for 1/2 months straight

You can make a new aliens by modding or you can mess around with aliens stuff in ruleset rather than this police stuff.

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 07:48:31 pm »
Sound's like X-Com apocalypse to me. But, what do you mean by "holding hostages at a base"? Making humans a hostages? X-Com would never do that! :o

i meant some other group taking hostages, just as an example scenario, not really sure what they would do entirely but i hope i got the general idea across

You can make a new aliens by modding or you can mess around with aliens stuff in ruleset rather than this police stuff.

i know, i mean like instead of just your basic alien landing/crash, terror and the occasional base attack
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 07:51:34 pm by Camalex97 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 08:13:18 pm »
I would love to see human adversaries with human weapons. That would give Earth armours some function.

There's Robin's MiB mod, but even more would be good!

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 08:46:32 pm »
I would love to see human adversaries with human weapons. That would give Earth armors some function.

There's Robin's MiB mod, but even more would be good!

ya, like maybe have a squad dedicated to dealing with humans? maybe also have varying types of humans, like in Africa you have people in green camo with soviet surplus weapons (kalash's etc), and in the united states you have more professional criminals like with ballistic armor, ar-15's and maybe even missions where you can raid black markets and shut them down seizing all their armor, weapons, and ammo?

Offline CoolKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 11:37:03 pm »
Sometimes you will get some nation has secretly signed pact with aliens. How about that nation or civilian in that nation vs X-COM? That's more like bigger event than some selfish criminal people who don't care about the earth. How's that sounds? And of course those people are being mind controled. ::)

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 11:46:18 pm »
UFO has a kind of optimistic view in humanity, with people from the whole world working together (as long as they don't dispair), I think it's a pity to spoil this with human-vs-human fights.

Almost all aliens are already quite humanoid, but if you want more "mirror" battles (where you fight units which are comparable to XCom's), why not implement a race of "imposters" ? They infiltrate earth by taking a perfect human appearance. But once discovered and fighting X-Com, they recover their big alien head : Here are a few examples based on on the Original X-Com concept art :

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 02:44:27 pm »
Sometimes you will get some nation has secretly signed pact with aliens. How about that nation or civilian in that nation vs X-COM? That's more like bigger event than some selfish criminal people who don't care about the earth. How's that sounds? And of course those people are being mind controled. ::)

sounds pretty good, just wandering can you kill the alien doing the mind control?

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 02:48:04 pm »
UFO has a kind of optimistic view in humanity, with people from the whole world working together (as long as they don't dispair), I think it's a pity to spoil this with human-vs-human fights.

Almost all aliens are already quite humanoid, but if you want more "mirror" battles (where you fight units which are comparable to XCom's), why not implement a race of "imposters" ? They infiltrate earth by taking a perfect human appearance. But once discovered and fighting X-Com, they recover their big alien head : Here are a few examples based on on the Original X-Com concept art :

so they go on terror missions right? also didn't they have a furby (or was it a troll?) in the original concept art?

Offline CoolKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 03:00:58 pm »
can you kill the alien doing the mind control?

No, you can't. Because aliens already planted something in their brain or something like chrysalid virus. So they are just a puppet and they can't be called human anymore. :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 03:11:31 pm »
No, you can't. Because aliens already planted something in their brain or something like chrysalid virus. So they are just a puppet and they can't be called human anymore. :)

I believe the correct word to be "hollow man".

Offline CoolKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 03:19:52 pm »

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 03:20:56 pm »

chrysalids plant their young into human hosts don't they? so it wouldn't be a virus as much as it would be an infestation... so like a quarantine mission or something? sounds cool, i think that the enemy unknown addon had something along the lines of that as well.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 03:34:36 pm »
chrysalids plant their young into human hosts don't they? so it wouldn't be a virus as much as it would be an infestation... so like a quarantine mission or something? sounds cool, i think that the enemy unknown addon had something along the lines of that as well.

Definitely so.

It would be nice to get an autopsy of the alien symbiont. Or even keep it alive, for extra creeps.

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 03:50:58 pm »
Definitely so.

It would be nice to get an autopsy of the alien symbiont. Or even keep it alive, for extra creeps.

agreed... btw do you think the "zombies" should not attack exclusively humans? I mean while the chrysalid inside is controlling it to an extent, it just seems to wander around aimlessly most of the time and appear to be mindless berserkers which would mean them attacking their fellow aliens (wouldn't it?)