aliens

Author Topic: MCD Edit by volutar  (Read 106779 times)

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
Re: MCD Edit by volutar
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2015, 09:24:37 pm »
Uploaded 1.17c.
Remind me if I missed something from your requests.
(multiple MCD values change won't work for sprite#/LOFT/SCANg values)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 09:32:04 pm by volutar »

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2015, 04:20:10 pm »
Works great. Lots of productivity enhancements. Small request I hope. In the next release, in the pck edit window can I select multiple pck's to delete by holding down shift key?

Thanks again for this great tool.

Offline volutar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2015, 05:27:42 pm »
Small request I hope. In the next release, in the pck edit window can I select multiple pck's to delete by holding down shift key?
I'm currently working on it (both Shift as range and Ctrl as single entry switch are working).
And I hope I could be able to make export as PNG through the selection (into single file) and import from PNG "sheet" within selection. So single export/import gonna be just sort of "mini sheet".
And planning to make paste/import work as with MCDs - can copy 1 and clone it to multiple.

Also planning to cover sprite and LOFT and scang values aggregation (similar to data, which is already aggregated).

I don't know if it needed to make "add/insert MCD" and "add/insert PCK" with a request window, or not.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 05:31:08 pm by volutar »

Offline volutar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2015, 09:53:23 pm »
1.17d uploaded.
Just multiple selections of PCK and delete of them. Nothing more.
I'll settle with this version for indefinite time. Feel free to use and fix ufopaedia's manual/description.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:59:48 pm by volutar »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2015, 04:22:27 pm »
Great work Volutar. :)

I've come up with another request but it's totally cool if you're done with MCDEdit for now. The request would be to be able to open and work on several MCD files at the same time by having tabs. Then it would be even more easy to copy/paste MCD entries between files. But for the moment I'm basically done with the major copy/pastes for the new terrains, so this isn't that important but an idea for later.

Offline volutar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2015, 05:00:07 pm »
You can run multiple MCDEdits. Copy paste works between them.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2015, 02:21:25 am »
You can run multiple MCDEdits. Copy paste works between them.

Ah thanks.

I think there might be an issue with copy/paste MCDs on version 1.17d since I can't seen to be able to do it anymore.

Offline volutar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2015, 06:08:12 am »
I think there might be an issue with copy/paste MCDs on version 1.17d since I can't seen to be able to do it anymore.
ah, you were right. it was typo mistake there. now its fixed and reuploaded with same name. thanks for report.

Offline volutar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2015, 10:53:45 pm »
About pasting multiple MCDs.
It works two possible ways if multiple MCDs are copied to buffer.
1. If only one MCD is selected  - it applies the MCDs starting from the selected MCD, affecting as many MCDs, as stored in the buffer.
2. If multiple MCDs are selected - it affects only the MCDs which are selected.

I was thinking of changing that. Perhaps I don't need to make it work in scenario 1 at all. Perhaps it'd be more predictable and solid if PASTE action would work only on selected MCDs, even if there are more in the buffer.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 12:06:50 am by volutar »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2015, 12:37:14 am »
About pasting multiple MCDs.
It works two possible ways if multiple MCDs are copied to buffer.
1. If only one MCD is selected  - it applies the MCDs starting from the selected MCD, affecting as many MCDs, as stored in the buffer.
2. If multiple MCDs are selected - it affects only the MCDs which are selected.

I was thinking of changing that. Perhaps I don't need to make it work in scenario 1 at all. Perhaps it'd be more predictable and solid if PASTE action would work only on selected MCDs, even if there are more in the buffer.

What do you think?

I agree with you. Solution 2 prevents the time-consuming mistakes you can make with solution 1.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2015, 01:13:37 pm »
volutar,

thanks for MCD Edit really handy. In fact I use it a lot . I created my custom MCD custom target objectives higher than 11 and it works.

I also created custom ufo tiles and also works.

I was wondering if is possible at all to change the map scan textures or add custom ones. In my mod the tiles for the ufo are yellow but on the map scanner  they show as purple as the default ufo map scanner look was the only thing I could pick. All other options were not matching my LOF/ufo tiles. I wish it would show as yellow on the map scanner too. Is no big deal though. Just wondering.  Great work though thank you.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 01:16:54 pm by tollworkout »

Offline volutar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2015, 02:30:22 pm »
Updated to 1.17e.

@tollworkout, unfortunately, scan data is referred to not modifiable scang.dat file, consisting of 4x4 pixeled data. There's no other way of adding custom scanner sprites, except for editing scang.dat stored (as well as loft.dat). MCD data (62bytes) can't store 16 bytes of scanner sprite.

It is possible to modify engine of openxcom, to use "custom" scang sheets for values, say, beyond 1024. But engine should be able to support it. And I guess there was no hard request of this.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2015, 03:06:29 pm »
Updated to 1.17e.

@tollworkout, unfortunately, scan data is referred to not modifiable scang.dat file, consisting of 4x4 pixeled data. There's no other way of adding custom scanner sprites, except for editing scang.dat stored (as well as loft.dat). MCD data (62bytes) can't store 16 bytes of scanner sprite.

It is possible to modify engine of openxcom, to use "custom" scang sheets for values, say, beyond 1024. But engine should be able to support it. And I guess there was no hard request of this.

Gotcha. Thanks volutar. Is no big deal as on the scanner all UFOs look the same and in a way is easier to identify them.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2015, 06:06:37 pm »
Would it technically be possible to sample each tile on the fly and use its mean colour for the minimap?

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2015, 07:15:42 pm »
Volutar. would it be possible to load unit pck using mcedit's built in pck editor? Is much nicer than having to use photoshop + other stuff.