Author Topic: MCD Edit by volutar  (Read 106762 times)

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
Re: MCD Edit by volutar
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2015, 07:39:07 am »
Ok, I made full project recompile. There was some weird bug caused by constant partial synchronizing. Couple of bugs figured and fixed. Same URL.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:41:51 am by volutar »

Offline volutar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2015, 11:15:44 pm »
OK, I managed to replicate this issue. And found couple of others. Will try to find a workaround.
But if you're already using virtualbox for the map editing, why not to use MCDEdit under same environment?

Offline volutar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2015, 10:17:47 am »
These issues was found and fixed (uploaded with same url). Also fixed this "OpenInputDesktop" spam. Reason is not proper multidesktop functions realization under wine, i simply detect it's a wine, and using different way.

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2015, 03:19:38 pm »
OK, I managed to replicate this issue. And found couple of others. Will try to find a workaround.
But if you're already using virtualbox for the map editing, why not to use MCDEdit under same environment?

Virtualbox is a lot of system resources to load, and so far MCDEdit runs well enough for me in Wine that I don't have to run in virtualbox most of the time. Mapedit doesn't really run in wine so I don't have any option there.

Offline volutar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2015, 05:09:42 pm »
Well? Any feedback, please?
Thank you.

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2015, 03:34:58 am »
Sorry haven't had a chance to test yet as I've been troubleshooting some rule files and play testing my mod. planning on doing some MCD work tomorrow night though.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2015, 10:42:01 am »
When I activate "show surroundings", I'd like to deactivate the "dashed outlines" around the tiles, the ones in the main drawing windows including the blue one around the main tile. Attached screen to avoid misunderstanding.

Offline volutar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2015, 01:34:05 pm »
Updated to 1.17b

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2015, 04:04:47 pm »
When I activate "show surroundings", I'd like to deactivate the "dashed outlines" around the tiles, the ones in the main drawing windows including the blue one around the main tile. Attached screen to avoid misunderstanding.

Can that be a toggle? I like having it when I'm trying to edit down a set of tiles that overlap because they contain the same content. i.e. take a 4x4 graphic from photoshop and laying those into the grid with the correct offsets etc.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2015, 04:55:20 pm »
I've started again using MCDEdit since I'm creating some new terrains. One functionality that would be useful is the ability to select entire blocks of MCD entries and copy them to another MCD file. It gets time consuming if I want to copy 20 entries that are next to one another and I have to copy/paste them one by one.

The PCK editor is really useful for quick edits.

Offline volutar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2015, 06:48:40 pm »
Multiple MCD selection gonna be really tricky.
Plus, when pasting, it will override MCDs you don't observe, and references to PCKs gonna be wasted (Since MCD copy makes clone of the MCD data, not images).
I'm not sure if that gonna be useful.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2015, 07:22:22 pm »
Plus, when pasting, it will override MCDs you don't observe, and references to PCKs gonna be wasted (Since MCD copy makes clone of the MCD data, not images).
I'm not sure if that gonna be useful.

I'm aware of the first one (simply a matter of learning to be careful after you've done that mistake a couple of times).

The second issue with the PCK entries being wrong already happens when copying single MCD entries but that can't really be fixed. But to fix this issue it would be better to have an additional box where you could define an image to be used on all 8 frames (instead of having to enter the same value 8 times on each individual frame's box) and then use the individual frame boxes in case you need to change something. 

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2015, 11:39:09 pm »
Could there be a command to just combine two mcd/pck sets? It would be pretty easy then to delete the unneeded bits.

Great work, lots of excellent enhancements and looks like it's running pretty stable under wine.  :D I like the additional hover details on the mini map. makes selecting items on the grid much easier. eyedropper selector and magic wand both look like they are working great!

Would it be possible to be able to highlight a group of MCD's and apply the same set of flags,bits, values etc to them? I.E. set all the floor tiles to the same LOF's and the same footstep sound? That could also speed up cases where we're copying together sets manually.

Anyhow great work again!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:43:40 pm by jackstraw2323 »

Offline volutar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2015, 12:51:10 am »
Could there be a command to just combine two mcd/pck sets? It would be pretty easy then to delete the unneeded bits.
Ok. Added "appending" MCDset in "file" menu (it was disabled function).
Would it be possible to be able to highlight a group of MCD's and apply the same set of flags,bits, values etc to them? I.E. set all the floor tiles to the same LOF's and the same footstep sound? That could also speed up cases where we're copying together sets manually.
You can copy MCD and paste it multiple times. If you don't want to copy all values, it's a problem. Program can't know what values you want to copy and what - don't. Like, this time you want to copy LOFT, another time you don't want.

Selecting multiple MCDs to copy them, or to paste AT them is not possible right now (multiple selection is really tricky). But since there are already multiple requests for similar thing, I think I could try to make something with it.

Anyhow great work again!
Cheers.;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:55:17 am by volutar »

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2015, 01:01:26 am »
I was thinking something like itunes used to do. you could select several tracks at once and edit all data for them at once. It wasn't very smart but if you wanted to set all the tracks to have the same artist name you could do that.

So, MCDEdit could pop up an MCD values window for the selected set and would write all values that were filled in to all of the selected MCD files, overwriting what was already there. So the user would have to be careful, but I think this would be powerful. I could make a new terrain set and I can set them all to footstep sound "grass" and "fuel: 4" without having to enter those exact same values on dozens of tiles, and then set more specific values for the couple of tiles that might be exceptions to that standard.

Thanks again!