aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1610234 times)

Offline dml31

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #2565 on: March 28, 2017, 06:57:59 pm »
hard to give more evidences, my saved game is on another computer but my installation is very simple 1.0+nighties from march 2017+FMP and just another mod for better starting stats so an installation problem is unlikely
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 06:59:53 pm by dml31 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2566 on: March 28, 2017, 07:04:22 pm »
I think that's your problem: mixing 1.0 with nightlies is bad idea.

Try using nightlies only.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: March 28, 2017, 07:14:45 pm »
hard to give more evidences, my saved game is on another computer but my installation is very simple 1.0+nighties from march 2017+FMP and just another mod for better starting stats so an installation problem is unlikely

Which version of FMP are you using?

Offline dml31

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: March 28, 2017, 07:52:35 pm »
1.9.6c
I have overwrote a 1.7.x version. I haven't played for a long time
I have updated the nighty version also with the windows installer
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:57:08 pm by dml31 »

Offline Kjotleik

• Colonel
  • I am Kjotleik
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: April 17, 2017, 01:56:43 pm »
Hello.

COMMENDATIONS-FIX in latest nightly

This file (se attachment) should work with FMP 1.9.6c and the latest nightly.

PS!
File-attachment removed. Use Final Mod Pack 1.9.7.

Sincerely
Kjotleik
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 06:00:51 pm by Kjotleik »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: April 17, 2017, 05:16:47 pm »
Many thanks, Kjotleik!

I have released a new version 1.9.7:

- Added MiB Psi-Ops.
- Commendations fix (by Kjotleik).

Since Jo5hua's stupid site is as useless as ever, I put it on Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c5mtvxs310qy49g/Final_Mod_Pack_1.9.7.zip

Offline kaprizka

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: April 23, 2017, 07:56:11 pm »
Ok, just end cydonia mission. So feedback. 1 Half of game it was openxcom_git_master_2017_03_15_1915, 2 half --  openxcom_git_master_2017_04_02_0910
 portable install. lvl 3 difficulty. W/o psy. About 1 year game time.

1. Science not so understanding and endless. In other words it's very strange and not intuitive research map. For example it's very strange that u cant research aliens weapon simple for use whithout product it, but u can sell them out (who need it? Why?)...Same question about alien ships weapon. What kind of weapon they use on ships? When I have plasma cannons on my ships it's still need shorten distance to start attack than ufo. WTF? Ok, if that, I want grab this gun from ufo when capture it, research and use on my ships. In fact most part of the game I was forced to use only avalanshes.

Laser cannons -- useless piese of crap and need strong rebalance.

Btw about research "Cydonia or die" in my game opens without destoying any bases. I think it needs less quantity of leaders and commanders in ufo's. Or maybe only commanders can drop a datachip. And hey where's the datachips about alien bases location??? No datachips? Okeey just for example: in my third part of game the cerebreal race build a base on earth... I follow their supply ship to the place of landing, but didn't find the base. I capture their ship and of course didn't find any enter. I sent AWACKS to non-stop pathrol that point and didn't find any base. About 2 game months AWACKS and Darkstar together pathrol that point and..didn't find any base... Btw first sectiod base i find by raven when it simply returning from dogfight. And yes, ravens pathrol with AWACKS and Darkstar periodically too. Seems need to review criteria of chance of finding aliens bases.

When research authopsy ends there are no messages about that u may now disassemble something. It's logical that u recieve messages about all new ingeneering manipulations after any type of research. Or at least text in the end of authopsy research descripion.
And WTF? I cant kill any captured aliens for parts or authopsy on my own base! Even sectopods!

2.  Elerium mace didn't work properly. In fact stunning mace still work better even on sectoid. Only use paralyse granades when research. Example: about 15 times elerium mace attack or 4! paralyse grenades work the same on gaser solder.

Rail pistol seems need to be rebalance in cost of AP and accuracy. In fact when u choose between Rail, plasma and nuclear laser pistols rail is a bit useful. Same to Rail Sniper rifle. IMHO if some weapon have autoshot regime, it must cost less AP than Snap because main idea for autoguns weapon is to do more dpm with less accuracy then snap weapons. Maybe some weapons need to disable autoshot regime at all to be more reality.

3. Last patch didnt work.  Error on load commendations_FMP.rul. Tested on openxcom_git_master_2017_04_02_0910 and the last on apr 18. And after that all mods will need to turn off and reinstall.

Muton, Waspite, Reptiloid races not met at all the time. Maybe seem 4 Mutons in Cydonia. So cant product synth suit. Obliterators was not met too.

Luke's extra UFOs addon didnt work untill I installed it separate.

4. Needs:
---Training centre for recruits to increase their base skills (shot/stamina/str/react/throw/melee) Depending on the difference of ranks of teacher and recruits  (yes u need to assign one of high ranked soldiers for work in centre) they will train faster or more effective.
---Medical center and medical research branch, so now u can research alien med tech and.. cant use it in any way (medpack dont count). It's very irrational in small military&research organization.

Thank u all. Have lot of Fun and a bit of nostalgia. Good work! But dont stop.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: April 23, 2017, 08:20:37 pm »
Thanks for the report!

Frankly, 80% of your points were about vanilla X-Com - FMP was not not meant to overhaul everything, only add some new stuff. If you're looking for something less vanilla-flavoured, you can try X-Com Files - FMP's successor.

As for the crash, you need to update your OpenXCom to the latest nightly.

Offline kaprizka

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: April 23, 2017, 11:22:42 pm »
Yes and no, because new races new weapons and new tech that opens some new stuff, is performed by FMP but maybe not so good balanced as needed for complex propper functionalities.

For example: in 1/3 and 2/3 parts of game its critically need good suit like synth suit but there is no mutons from whom i possible to "disassemble" parts for suit. FMP contain mod that incert muton commanders, so i expect that of course muton solders will be too, but.. no mutons in game process. Why? Meybe some mods  have bugs and kill mutons chance activity or missions i dont know, but i'm sure mutons must be in game process. So i feedback it like FMP bug.

Example 2: FMP contain mod that insert new Juggernaut suit. Its very protective suit in that u may ate to face a full round from laser sectopod without emotions even without damage... but... Cryssalids with one strike turn u into zombie. HOW ITS POSSIBLE???? Its some kind of cosmo-magic? And one more strange thing whith this suit: dont step in fire tile at the end of turn -- u start to burn and take damage incide it. So it have laser resist but no fire resist? Where the logic? I'm sure this situation can be fixed w/o editing core code. Maybe i'm wrong.

And so on..

BTW in top of my post  versions of OpenXcom thay works. When 1.9.7 released I just download newest version of platform and try it on that. Not working till i replace new .rul file by old version.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: April 23, 2017, 11:37:47 pm »
For example: in 1/3 and 2/3 parts of game its critically need good suit like synth suit but there is no mutons from whom i possible to "disassemble" parts for suit. FMP contain mod that incert muton commanders, so i expect that of course muton solders will be too, but.. no mutons in game process. Why? Meybe some mods  have bugs and kill mutons chance activity or missions i dont know, but i'm sure mutons must be in game process. So i feedback it like FMP bug.

How does it differ from vanilla?

Example 2: FMP contain mod that insert new Juggernaut suit. Its very protective suit in that u may ate to face a full round from laser sectopod without emotions even without damage... but... Cryssalids with one strike turn u into zombie. HOW ITS POSSIBLE???? Its some kind of cosmo-magic? And one more strange thing whith this suit: dont step in fire tile at the end of turn -- u start to burn and take damage incide it. So it have laser resist but no fire resist? Where the logic? I'm sure this situation can be fixed w/o editing core code. Maybe i'm wrong.

BTW in top of my post  versions of OpenXcom thay works. When 1.9.7 released I just download newest version of platform and try it on that. Not working till i replace new .rul file by old version.

I don't really understand what you are saying, but the newest version of the mod (1.9.7) works with the newest nightly. I just checked to confirm.

Offline NuclearStudent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: April 23, 2017, 11:54:25 pm »

I don't really understand what you are saying, but the newest version of the mod (1.9.7) works with the newest nightly. I just checked to confirm.

I am also having some trouble getting mods to work (probably because I'm an idiot, though.)

I have the 04-23 nightly, which is the latest one, installed over a previous nightly. I get this error (it's the last entry in the log I attached) when I try to boot up OpenXcom. When I try to boot up OpenXcom, it successfully boots up, but with Final Mod Pack deactivated. (so, WAD)

This doesn't appear to be a FMP specific issue, because I got essentially the same message (error @ something something, bad converstion) when I tried to install the commendations.

I have my mod unzipped and in the mod folder. It's been a really, really long time, and I've kinda forgotten how all this works.

Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, I'm a fool that didn't realize that FMP requires OpenXcom Extended.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:09:14 am by NuclearStudent »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: April 24, 2017, 12:33:06 am »
EDIT: Never mind, I'm a fool that didn't realize that FMP requires OpenXcom Extended.

It doesn't... must be something else.

I have my mod unzipped and in the mod folder.

Looking at the log, you probably have another (older) copy of FMP in the "standard" folder... this is probably causing all the issues. Try deleting that and keep only the one in "mods" folder.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:49:35 am by Meridian »

Offline Mustang

• Sergeant
  • Megapol Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: April 24, 2017, 06:40:49 am »
Enjoying FMP immensely. Ran into a reptilian terror mission tonight and one of the salamander terror units landed an auto shot into the skymarshall. Had to smoke to put the fire out and the resulting grievous injuries, deaths, and unconsciousness made for an interesting mission. Never thought incendiary would make things so interesting. I want to mention though that upon researching that terror unit there was no UFOpaedia entry for it like there was for the reptilian.

Also a question, do the MiB establish bases? I have had heavy consistent MiB activity in a region for some reason but no bases or anything

Offline pulsusego

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: April 25, 2017, 08:35:23 pm »
Hello folks! I've played FMP before about a year ago and it was great fun. I started another game up two days ago but ran in to a problem last night; the game crashes on launching a terror mission, with the only message (either in popup or log) being
"blah blah blah...
[25-04-2017_12-52-24]   [INFO]   OpenXcom started successfully!
[25-04-2017_12-52-51]   [FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Unit MALE_CIVILIAN6_CORPSE not found
[25-04-2017_12-52-54]   [FATAL]   OpenXcom has crashed: Unit MALE_CIVILIAN6_CORPSE not found
Extra information has been saved to openxcom.log.
If this error was unexpected, please report it to the developers."

I've tried looking through for typos, I've tried making all Civilian6 references in the ruleset use Civilian5's files instead (which just makes civilian7 start causing issues), I've gone through editing out any reference to any of the 'new' civilians (making all references point to the vanilla default civilian, but this just leads to one of the MIB corpses to start causing the same problem).

I also toyed with duplicating the MALE_CIVILIAN6 unit in the units ruleset file and titling it MALE_CIVILIAN6_CORPSE which then leads to the same error message but with Unit MALE_CIVILIAN6.pck not found.

I'm stumped. I'm usually pretty decent at sorting these things out (even if just through sheer persistence if not any actual skill), but I've got no idea what else to do to try and sort this out. I'm using the 2017_04_19_2217 nightly and FMP v1.9.7, but also have a few other mods; Combat-UniformArmors, Expanded_Inventory, Expanded_Terror_Reworked, HQSounds FMP, and Personal Armor Variants. For what it's worth, I haven't found anything relating to Expanded_Terror_Reworked's files causing the problem, though it was my first guess. Knowing me though, I'm likely to be completely wrong lol. Also the save seems to run fine with ETR disabled until it has the same exact crash at the terror mission.

Anywho, any help at all would be appreciated. I've uploaded my save file in case it's useful or anyone wants to take a look at it themselves, and I appreciate any/all help!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: April 25, 2017, 08:41:22 pm »
I might have broken something... Let me check.

>checking<

OK, I loaded up your save and managed to launched the mission. It all works just fine - see the attached save.

I guess either your install is borked, or the mod conflicts with some of your other mods.

Hopefully it helps!