Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1602710 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #1800 on: August 01, 2015, 02:43:36 am »
Ey Solarius,

i just started redoing the routes on the resized Lukes Expanded Terror Maps (i stripped the cellars and replaced some tiles for better looks). Once i am finished are you interested in those? I need to do this anyway, since we wanna mix those up with Madurban Maps in the Terrain Pack.

Sure, I haven't touched these routes, so feel free to improve on them. (Which doesn't mean you can only improve things I haven't touched. Probably. Haha.)

Offline mayford

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: August 01, 2015, 05:43:33 pm »
Hi!
I found several problems. The sale is not a machete , a knife only . After investigating toxic rifle ammunition , they do not appear to produce.
Medi-kit ... will appear later ?

Offline zetzet13

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: August 02, 2015, 03:37:44 pm »
Hello.
Congratulations to page 120.
Since version 1.5 this mod gets even better and better.

Only a small map problem with the Skymarshall.

Maybe they should install some chainsaws and sprayers filled with agent orange into the main ramp.

Thanks for the hard work.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: August 02, 2015, 03:42:56 pm »
Well, it's a jungle. ;)

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: August 02, 2015, 08:07:54 pm »
Hello, everyone!

I'm back from the work on the translation of OpenApoc in Russian and I have a translation of an updated version of the FMP. As always, it contains the translation of newly added strings and some fixes in the previously translated lines.

P. S. Thanks, Solar, for keeping your modpack updated :).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: August 03, 2015, 01:32:08 am »
Thanks Kammerer, I'll update ASAP.

Hi!
I found several problems. The sale is not a machete , a knife only . After investigating toxic rifle ammunition , they do not appear to produce.
Medi-kit ... will appear later ?

Sorry I missed your post.
Machete is not available for sale, because it sucks and it wouldn't make sense for X-Com to buy it (knife is better and is the designated bladed weapon).
As for the toxic ammo, you need to research Alien Gardens in order to learn about biochemistry necessary to produce it.
As for the Medi-Kit... Yeah. You need to invest in the medical stuff to get them.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1806 on: August 06, 2015, 01:20:41 am »
I conviniently leave some Route fixes here,
so Meridian doesn't have to complain any more about aliens camping the Labship like crazy.
Also some Minor Route fixes for the Excavators.

Next up will be Lukes Expanded Terror Maps. But not today ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: August 06, 2015, 08:20:42 am »
Thank you!

Offline Sputnik

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: August 09, 2015, 11:02:05 am »
Hey, everyone!  ;)
A brief question - is there any possibility to switch on and off particular mods out of that compilation?
I was hoping to do that in the game, mod menu, but there was only one line with the whole MegaMod set.
That is a fantastic one compilation, without any douts, but some features are too much for me, not a good experienced Earth defender at all :)
I just want to have some graphic changes/improvements for the very beginning at OpenXcom. I tried to set up every single mod manually, but some of them are not updated anymore, since included into Final Mod Pack. And I failed and got my game broken due to some mods incompatibility.  And yes, after a while, I would deffinetly want to try new options. So I don't want to dig out all the mods separately again. Just want to put a switch ON next time at the options I prefer.

I tried to find something looks like a config file in the mod dir, but there was none.
So, would anyone kindly help me with a tip or a page of that thread, where I can find the solution of my problem.
Thank you.

Not a native Eng speaker, sorry for mistakes.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:08:19 am by Sputnik »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: August 09, 2015, 11:39:06 am »
Hey, everyone!  ;)
A brief question - is there any possibility to switch on and off particular mods out of that compilation?
I was hoping to do that in the game, mod menu, but there was only one line with the whole MegaMod set.
That is a fantastic one compilation, without any douts, but some features are too much for me, not a good experienced Earth defender at all :)
I just want to have some graphic changes/improvements for the very beginning at OpenXcom. I tried to set up every single mod manually, but some of them are not updated anymore, since included into Final Mod Pack. And I failed and got my game broken due to some mods incompatibility.  And yes, after a while, I would deffinetly want to try new options. So I don't want to dig out all the mods separately again. Just want to put a switch ON next time at the options I prefer.

I tried to find something looks like a config file in the mod dir, but there was none.
So, would anyone kindly help me with a tip or a page of that thread, where I can find the solution of my problem.
Thank you.

Not a native Eng speaker, sorry for mistakes.

Sadly no, it's not possible to run individual parts of this mod. It was the idea initially, but the various pieces have so many dependencies on each other and so many balance issues would arise that it was proven unfeasible. For example, if you have a research that depends on something added, and remove the prerequisite, then you have to modify the research to depend on something else. Also, by taking away something you can easily make the game too easy or too hard, for example because you no longer have medium-tier weapon but you can't research plasma either, because it's made to be available much later.

in the readme, there's a list of individual mods that were used, so you can just download them separately. Be warned however that they often aren't balanced against each other in their raw state, and some FMP content was never released outside this compilation.

EDIT: 1.6.2 is online.

• 1.6.2: Excavator and Labship route fixes by Hellrazor.
  • Better autopsy pics by Mick the Mage.
  • Updated Russian version by Kammerer.

Thanks guys, you all rock!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:57:54 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Sputnik

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: August 09, 2015, 12:08:20 pm »
Dziękuję, Solarius Scorch!
Well then, will set up manually.
But I still think this mod strongly need some switchers, though. 70 mods is not a joke, deffinetly. I've studied the list carefully, and there are some mods that makes me so much distracted. But the wast majority sounds way too cool to miss them.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: August 09, 2015, 12:20:14 pm »
Dziękuję, Solarius Scorch!
Well then, will set up manually.
But I still think this mod strongly need some switchers, though. 70 mods is not a joke, deffinetly. I've studied the list carefully, and there are some mods that makes me so much distracted. But the wast majority sounds way too cool to miss them.

All right. All I can do to help is to give you some pointers. Just PM me or something if you have questions.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: August 09, 2015, 04:25:56 pm »
Hi, I do not know much English so that google translator FOREVER.
I have a problem, I can not in any way set the mode. I downloaded the installer and install the game using as a basis HSOM1. And where exactly to put mode'll never know, in the instructions written in the document where the user, but there is no sense to put fashion probyval to the root of the game, and surprisingly it starts to crumble but during the game. Also note that it is necessary to download Nightlies, which I downloaded and tried to put the game even longer run.

(для русских мало ли =)
Привет, я плохо знаю английский так что google переводчик форева.
У меня проблема, не могу никак установить моды. Скачал установщик и установил игру взяв за основу ХСОМ1. А куда конкретно поставить моды ума не приложу, в инструкции написано в документы, там где пользователь, но туда смысла нет ставить моды, пробывал в корень игры, и на удивление она запускается но рушиться во время самой игры. Так же обратил внимание что надо скачивать Nightlies, я их скачал и попробовал поставить, игра вообще перестала запускаться
)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 04:29:31 pm by Bonakva »

Offline Sputnik

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: August 09, 2015, 06:13:29 pm »
Answered that man in PM. In Russian.

Offline mayford

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: August 10, 2015, 04:27:52 pm »
Thanks Kammerer, I'll update ASAP.

Sorry I missed your post.
Machete is not available for sale, because it sucks and it wouldn't make sense for X-Com to buy it (knife is better and is the designated bladed weapon).
As for the toxic ammo, you need to research Alien Gardens in order to learn about biochemistry necessary to produce it.
As for the Medi-Kit... Yeah. You need to invest in the medical stuff to get them.
Then why is the machete in ufopedii ? If you can not buy?
Would you like to make any weapon able to strike and stun ?