Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1612398 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #1770 on: July 27, 2015, 11:56:26 pm »
Yeah. I have no specific plans for it now, I was just playing around. Maybe someone would want it.

I don't know anything about these. Tell me more :)

I am referring to those guy here

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: July 28, 2015, 11:10:59 am »
SolariusScorch: Maybe you want to add this mapblock to your MIB Terror mission: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2180.msg48602.html#msg48602

And I also edited the layout of the Triton/Skysomething addon a bit (made it smaller, corrected lights and map-scanner-icons). Here you go. You will need the original files from (iirc) page 114, this is just a hotfix.  :)

And yes, actually I had not intended this as an official replacement, it's just a fun alternative.  :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:15:24 am by new_civilian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1772 on: July 28, 2015, 12:29:27 pm »
I am referring to those guy here

Ah, right. I like them, but aren't they recolours? There are several Sectopod versions in the FMP (including one that is completely different, by Harry), and also coloured Cyberdiscs.

SolariusScorch: Maybe you want to add this mapblock to your MIB Terror mission: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2180.msg48602.html#msg48602

Why not? It looks rather fine. A bit modest and emptyish, but I guess you can't really do more with the original mapblocks. I'll try to add it and see how it goes.

And I also edited the layout of the Triton/Skysomething addon a bit (made it smaller, corrected lights and map-scanner-icons). Here you go. You will need the original files from (iirc) page 114, this is just a hotfix.  :)

And yes, actually I had not intended this as an official replacement, it's just a fun alternative.  :)

OK, I'll have a look too. :) Though I don't think we can make it smaller, game-wise.

EDIT: I'll add this market when I learn how not to fuck up map generation in the process. Simply adding it to the type: fillArea (blocks and freqs) doesn't fulfil that condition, and the rest is way more mysterious to me than an average Java code.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:38:50 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1773 on: July 28, 2015, 01:07:51 pm »
Ah, right. I like them, but aren't they recolours? There are several Sectopod versions in the FMP (including one that is completely different, by Harry), and also coloured Cyberdiscs.

The sprites are indeed recolors, but the defined Units are for the Aliens so they have more terrorizing Terrorunits.
Mainly increased Armor, removed vulnerabilities. I will probably increase there TU's somehwat.

If you are interested feel free to "steal" them from my Mod.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: July 28, 2015, 02:25:19 pm »
@Solarius: is the new version coming out this week, or later? Just asking if I should wait a few more days, or start recording now; I want to pre-record about 12 episodes latest this weekend.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: July 28, 2015, 02:34:52 pm »
@Solarius: is the new version coming out this week, or later? Just asking if I should wait a few more days, or start recording now; I want to pre-record about 12 episodes latest this weekend.

In this case I'll release it until tomorrow. I could do it now, but I'd like to introduce the mall mapblock first (and I need someone to tell me how). If such a person doesn't manifest, I'll just push the current changes and add the block at a later time.

Offline DarkerDark

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: July 29, 2015, 10:39:55 am »
I just started a new game on a new computer with the latest nightly and it seems like shotguns don't give any experience/stat gains from buckshot hits. I've got a guy with two kills and he's still a rookie. Heh.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: July 29, 2015, 12:23:41 pm »
I just started a new game on a new computer with the latest nightly and it seems like shotguns don't give any experience/stat gains from buckshot hits. I've got a guy with two kills and he's still a rookie. Heh.

That's weird. I'll try to investigate, but I don't think I will be able to do much even if I confirm it - it would be a code problem.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1778 on: July 29, 2015, 12:58:03 pm »
I think you're only getting XP for hitting with the 1st pellet. AFAIK Warboy made it so to prevent getting insane XP from shotgun hits (ie for each pellet separately).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: July 29, 2015, 02:55:58 pm »
I think you're only getting XP for hitting with the 1st pellet. AFAIK Warboy made it so to prevent getting insane XP from shotgun hits (ie for each pellet separately).

Ah okay, makes sense.

Anyway:

Version 1.6 was released.

• Updated to the newest nightly. (Not really taking advantage of the new options yet, but hopefully won't crash on you.)
  • Additions and fixes by Hellrazor: fixed an error with Fighter, errors with Excavator variants, a better route network for the Labship, Fighter and Sentry, more Labship variants.
  • Some changes to descriptions: MiB lasers are no longer called MiB, X-Com advanced lasers are called nuclear lasers, Raiders are now called Mixed.
  • Fixed a bug with Scatter laser not requiring Elerium.
  • Fixed a bug with advanced lasers being displayed in Ufopaedia too early (thanks, Meridian).
  • Added a dedicated Alloy Cannon image, by Mick the Mage.
  • Added a big mall to the Expanded Urban terrain, by Civilian.

Please test it for me. :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 04:56:28 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1780 on: July 29, 2015, 04:09:23 pm »
Ah okay, makes sense.

Anyway:

Version 1.6 was released.

• Updated to the newest nightly. (Not really taking advantage of the new options yet, but hopefully won't crash on you.)
  • Additions and fixes by Hellrazor: fixed an error with Fighter, a better route network for the Labship, Fighter and Sentry, more Labship variants.
  • Some changes to descriptions: MiB lasers are no longer called MiB, X-Com advanced lasers are called nuclear lasers, Raiders are now called Mixed.
  • Fixed a bug with Scatter laser not requiring Elerium.
  • Fixed a bug with advanced lasers being displayed in Ufopaedia too early (thanks, Meridian).
  • Added a dedicated Alloy Cannon image, by Mick the Mage.
  • Added a big mall to the Expanded Urban terrain, by Civilian.

You forgot to mention the Map fixes for the Excavator Maps :P Or didn't you put them in.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: July 29, 2015, 04:55:47 pm »
You forgot to mention the Map fixes for the Excavator Maps :P Or didn't you put them in.

I did, but I was sure it was the previous one; sorry! :( I'll fix it.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: July 29, 2015, 09:13:09 pm »
Did you forget to upload it? :) On openxcom.com I still see only v1.5.4

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: July 29, 2015, 09:27:57 pm »
Did you forget to upload it? :) On openxcom.com I still see only v1.5.4

...I don't know what happened. :P Fixed now. Sorry!

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: July 29, 2015, 10:32:51 pm »

OK, I tried and found the following:
1. both tiers (mib & xcom) of laser weapons are called just "laser" for me... I don't see "nuclear laser" anywhere (using en-GB)... same for ufopedia, same for production, same for inventory

EDIT: scratch that... for some reason my language reset to "ar" ??? the translation is now OK

EDIT2: but the research topic is now called "Nuclear Laser xxx" even before I research advanced laser weapons... so it says for example research of "Nuclear Laser Pistol" finished, but I can only manufacture of course Laser Pistol...

2. as I was going through ufopedia, I found more items which are displayed sooner than they should be, this time Stormtrooper Armour... I guess you should check all items, which have been changed recently in the tech tree.... I think you've updated the research tree only and forgot about ufopedia entries (and maybe even production dependencies?).

I think it was all advanced armours, some advanced craft, advanced rocket launcher with various ammo, probably some more stuff...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:50:53 pm by Meridian »