Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1601839 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #1200 on: March 31, 2015, 02:18:24 pm »
Is there any decent way to get at least normal Laser Weapons in the FMP?

Because i am stuck at alloy ammo and fighting Mutons.
I will edit the Ruleset so i have normal Laser Weapons.

All well balanced my ass.

Well, if it's 2 hc 4 u to catch one living Engineer, I suggest you play something else.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 31, 2015, 05:46:12 pm »
this is the translation complete of spanish. is my first release of actual version may be minorbugs i solve with the time

https://www.mediafire.com/download/dm4ykxbcrn96lyk/FinalModPack.rul

need to select es in language

se necesita marcar es en lenguage

and the txt

https://www.mediafire.com/view/ei7swvsw1yv7vo1/trans.txt
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:48:31 pm by arrakis69ct »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 31, 2015, 05:49:12 pm »
this is the translation complete of spanish. is my first release of actual version may be minorbugs i solve with the time

https://www.mediafire.com/download/dm4ykxbcrn96lyk/FinalModPack.rul

need to select es in language

se necesita marcar es en lenguage

and the txt

https://www.mediafire.com/view/ei7swvsw1yv7vo1/trans.txt

Thanks! I'll integrate it soon, together with the Russian update which is long overdue.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 31, 2015, 11:52:37 pm »
Is there any decent way to get at least normal Laser Weapons in the FMP?

Because i am stuck at alloy ammo and fighting Mutons.
I will edit the Ruleset so i have normal Laser Weapons.

All well balanced my ass.

There are...certain oddities for sure in there but so far IMHO it is balanced. For one you should not gun for lazers IMHO (Again IDK for sure first time I am trying this) but try to get some engineers to research Gauss tech. Its a stronger in all accounts than lazers but they lack autoshot (small loss again IMHO).

I have certain pecurialities and remarks Solarius on certain shall we say quality of life tweeks, but I am not sure on some of them, Ill need a day or two to be more certain however its gonna be a wall of a post.

That said this mod makes the game waaaaaaay better and more realistic than the original GJ to all people making this.

I have a question though: Is there a research tree somewhere available?

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 01, 2015, 02:54:21 am »
That said this mod makes the game waaaaaaay better and more realistic than the original GJ to all people making this.
definitely agree on this.  I can't see myself going back to vanilla after playing with FMP!

I have a question though: Is there a research tree somewhere available?
There is a tool that will give you a visual "tree", but it's like a file system tree, not like a UML diagram or anything.  Still, it's quite useful.  You can get it from this post

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1205 on: April 01, 2015, 08:54:40 am »
Well, if it's 2 hc 4 u to catch one living Engineer, I suggest you play something else.

I have several Engineers captured and researched.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1206 on: April 01, 2015, 10:09:35 am »
Well got Laser Weapons unlocked, together with Plasma and Blaster Launchers....

Sorry but you really need to rework your research here big time.

Also making Laser Canons (most profitable Item to produce and sell) need Elerium to be manufactured takes a big component out from the game for me.

Which is having bazillion of bases stocked with troops ready to fight each with a Skyranger and multiple interceptors to respond. When i saw this i realized,
that this mod is not for me. And that it is boring, despite all the added content.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:17:02 am by hellrazor »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 01, 2015, 12:59:38 pm »
Well got Laser Weapons unlocked, together with Plasma and Blaster Launchers....

Sorry but you really need to rework your research here big time.

Sure, but why?

Lasers can be produced after Alien Laser Rifle + Clip, which only require (from memory) Alien Power Systems and UFO Power Source Miniaturization, which comes from UFO Power Source and a living Engineer. If it doesn't work like that for you, then indeed something is wrong, but I don't think it's the mod - it hasn't been reported by anyone. Gauss are even a little easier, since you don't have to research the alien weapon.

I realize it's frustrating, but it's definitely not intended, and most probably not coded either. Perhaps it's because of switching between FMP versions, as this part was being worked upon recently, or maybe some sort of conflict with other mods.

Also making Laser Canons (most profitable Item to produce and sell) need Elerium to be manufactured takes a big component out from the game for me.

1) Production for selling is completely unnecessary, I don't do this and have way more money from loot than I can spend.
2) Elerium is plentiful (you don't have many ways to spend it for quite some time), so I think you can use at least some for profit if you need this.

Which is having bazillion of bases stocked with troops ready to fight each with a Skyranger and multiple interceptors to respond. When i saw this i realized,
that this mod is not for me. And that it is boring, despite all the added content.

Well, it's long indeed. I guess it's a matter of taste. Some more features will come up, but it requires moving to OpenXCom Extended, and I'm not quite ready for this yet.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 01, 2015, 02:58:38 pm »
Copy/pasting this here because I posted it in the wrong thread.

"""""""DESCLAIMER""""""""

This constitutes my opinions and in no way it should be seen as looking down on the mod or rage or whatever. I compiled this with the hope it might give you some insights and make the mod better nothing more nothing less, so lets do this:

1) Issue the TFTD maps. While those are awesome and I like the design overall, I found certain of them to be huge and overtly complex. I had a terror mission in a resort and I felt I was replaying the old Cruise liner missions from TFTD trying to find every freaking alien in every freaking corner. And eventually I found a cyberdisc stuck in a room which had a single door (but thats another matter which is related to the originals unit placement). In other words those maps are beutifull and well designed but they are a strain to the player. Not because he will be unable to finish them or they are hard but because they suffer from hunt the alien syndrome.
I know that probably this is just me and that there is nothing to be done about it really, but I thought I will say it.
2)On the same course I liked every new alien race in the mod so far, but again I was a bit thrown down when I saw the new alien races (and the gauss weapons) using the skins from TFTD. Again I know its not wrong but it throws me a bit off. Especially the gauss tech which is a tech developed in the second war. Would it be possible to rename Gauss into something else? Again I know this something that it is only me, but I have a knack for lore.
3)In one of my starts I litteraly received as a first mission the base defense. I had 1 UFO detected and shotdown and then by Jan 5 I was attacked. Surely one UFO shot down is not enough to warrant an alien retaliation mission right?
4)Laser-Plasma-Gauss-Rails. This needs to be adressed a bit I fear. There is litteraly no reason why you should try to research Lasers anymore. With the time you can spent on having all the nessesary components to fully unlock the laser reasearch, you are better off beelining to go directly to Gauss which is actually more effective and if you are Auto happy then jump directly to Rails and be done with it. Lazers require some tweeking. Either make them easier to research or a slight damage boost to make them a clear alternative to Gauss, because honestly the Auto shot tradeoff simply doesnt cut it.
5)Armors. So far I am using alloy armors I havent progressed further. However I feel that even the not so humble alloy vest is too strong for what it provides. It makes you almost immune to lazers (which is ok I guess after all its alloy) but the weird things start with plasma. Unless its a really lucky shot the notsohumble alloy vest might resist a full autoshot from a plasma rifle and ever since I upgraded to ally armor this got even worse. I am not a sadist, but I dread to think what powersuits will do :D
6) Shotguns. IDK why the alloy ammo transforms the shotgun into a rifle but I wants me an alloy scatter round pl0x. Or I would settle with a high powered shotgun variant with scatter shot. I luv me shotguns on everything below 50ish accuracy.
7)Speaking of armors and their too stronkiness (yes thats a new word), I found it amusing that said alloy armor could resist and srug off a full auto from plasma rifle but a Hybrd Ak-47 was able to penetrate the armor like it was paper. Three times.
Russians and their engineering?
8)The Sentinel requires a small edit in its description to say it is powered up by Elerium IMHO its not clear.
9)Its too easy to get Psilabs although the entertainment requirement might not be so obvious, to someone who knows it might allow for psionics from month 2 which might lead to full hard on psi squads that would make the etherials cry like babies in the end game.
10)Speaking of which going into your second mission and getting attacked by psionics is a bit....I wet my pants ok? I thought somehow they were etherials because I had no eye contact. Might want to dissable the sectoid leader psi powers for a couple of months and combine it with a psilab research path overhaul to delay psi in general.
11) You might want to reconsider the fact that when you have researched an alien weapon, the ammo must became automatically available to research. After all those things are clips, even if you dont know how to build more, you can simply slide them in and fire yes? And since the damn alien gave you the specifics for the entire function of the weapon why wouldnt he tell you of the clip?
12)Research randomness. Now this is the big question of the mod. Why should it be random and why I have litteraly to captuare the alien invasions entire command stracture to get access to their tech? What are the egg heads in my labs doing then? Engineers will provide only so many research options the rest you need leaders+ for. And while I always felt the original had bonked it in that specific department that their only thing to give was the martial solution and the cydonia mission, this mod is a bit to leader happy. You need to capture them all and the results you get are random and you get things that might lead you nowhere at your current state. I still cant understand what optronics are supposed to do, but I believe that they have to do with craft desings. Or I hope so....
So what I propose is this: Limit the need for engineers and Leaders. I dont think you should need more than 6 (total) and the tech tree should be made a bit more linear and less random. Leader/engineer 01 gives you access to tech x, then 02 gives access to tech Y and all of them branch out on specific fields.
I think that would be a good way to make things less random and allow you to reach specific avenues (for example I might be a nut and not care for my soldiers but want to speed up avionics).
13)We need a message after specific research is completed in regards to husks/corpses and their dissasembly from the Engineers and their uses thereoff.
14) The X-com Cyberdisk without having research plasma and lasers can be made available. I understand that rewiring the weapons of the cyberdisk can be possible, but then we are running on the oximoron of been unable to fire a laser rifle because the egg head didnt write a manual on it and how to load the clips on it :D
15)The skymarshall sometimes (due to extended size I guess) gets its ramp access completely blocked in the densly terrain new maps which only allows deployment by the rear exits. I would also like to say that I find the boxes deployed in front of the ramp to be completely out of place as well as the fact it is on storie one and the weels are hanging from the wings :D. I dont believe that those are the answers to provide cover durring deployment, or to be precice that eart tech craft should provide such things. Or at least do it a bit more believable?
16)And something that occured to me: I have researched the toxisuit but I was wondering: Does the powersuit allow you to use flamers? One would expect from a completely sealed off containment unit to do so.

Thats it for now. Again those my thoughts on the subject and are not to be taken as mandatory things to be changed. Just what I believe I would tweek if I had the skill to mod the game. Awaiting your reply with interest. Again GJ and as myk002  said, from henceforth I cant play the original without this mod.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 03:06:14 pm by pilot00 »

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 01, 2015, 09:40:47 pm »
I'd like to comment on a few of the above points, some for, and some against.

2)using the skins from TFTD
These are from the mods that FMP aggregates.  If you'd like to contribute new sprites/graphics to those mods, I'm sure they'd take them.

5)Armors too strong
Maybe.. On the other hand, they *are* expensive.  This just comes down to balance.  Is the mortality rate really too low?  I could go either way on this one

6) alloy ammo transforms the shotgun into a rifle
I've actually wondered the same thing.  Of course I took advantage of it -- using AP ammo essentially gives you a very accurate rifle -- but I fear this may be unintentional/OP, though of course the proper place to discuss that would be in the source mod thread, not FMP

11) researching an alien weapon making the ammo automatically available to research
I can see both sides of this.  In previous discussions, it was brought up that whereas the weapon does not need power miniaturization, the clips do (logically).  However, this does deviate from the normal "research flow" established by vanilla items.  I'd be in favor of either dropping the power mini requirement for clips or making power mini also a requirement for weapons.  Disjointing the weapon from the clip I think is too confusing.

12)Research randomness
This is actually my favorite part of the mod (though I would love to see the ideas in the vanilla rebalance mod integrated).  Randomness fosters replayability, and forces you to perhaps try new tactics.  I like this aspect.

13)New manufacturing notification for disassembly jobs
That would be nice -- which mod do these come from?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 09:43:53 pm by myk002 »

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
  • 100% Un-Professional XCOM Lets Player
    • View Profile
    • FINAL MOD PACK LP OUT SOON NOW RECRUITING! SIGN UP TODAY!
« Reply #1210 on: April 01, 2015, 09:45:36 pm »
I would like to comment on point 2

With a little bit of reskin work you could make guass tech into Pulse rifles

You know the one Ripley used against Xenomorphs in Aliens.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 01, 2015, 10:17:26 pm »

2)using the skins from TFTD
These are from the mods that FMP aggregates.  If you'd like to contribute new sprites/graphics to those mods, I'm sure they'd take them.

I am not critising them in the spirit they are good/bad. I just said that they look a bit out of place. That said trust me that if I knew how to do such things or if I was good at it (you have a greater propability teaching my fish to do it than me :D )I would be up to the task. I do not say that someone should change them either, just that for me and me alone is a bit of a turn down in a rather excelent work.

5)Armors too strong
Maybe.. On the other hand, they *are* expensive.  This just comes down to balance.  Is the mortality rate really too low?  I could go either way on this one

I dont think they are expensive. Nor that they should be. And I cant really tell about the mortality rate because I dont keep statistics but in vanilla the general idea is: a few plasma shots and you are down with alloy armor. Yes it can and will protect you but its not something to depend on. In this mod somehow alloy armor gave me an unconsious sense of "Its ok I can take this risk, armor will save me" whereas in the normal it was a nail bitting experience. It is my belief that both the alloy vest and armor could do with a slight % reduction on plasma and laser protection respectively. And that issue with the Hybrid rifles might be a thing to look into.

I've actually wondered the same thing.  Of course I took advantage of it -- using AP ammo essentially gives you a very accurate rifle -- but I fear this may be unintentional/OP, though of course the proper place to discuss that would be in the source mod thread, not FMP

Yeah I just posted this on the spirit that it may need some look into it, since it sounds unintentional. I wouldnt call it OP because if it could make scatter damage with multipliers it could be even more potent. However as is now, its risky albeit serious answer to terror missions with cyberdisks. Since multiple shots from them and sniper rifles could down them in a time frame where you cant. Its risky its grind but it can be done. However using a shotgun I expected it to be scatter damage. It was a WTF momment when I saw the missile :D

11) researching an alien weapon making the ammo automatically available to research
I can see both sides of this.  In previous discussions, it was brought up that whereas the weapon does not need power miniaturization, the clips do (logically).  However, this does deviate from the normal "research flow" established by vanilla items.  I'd be in favor of either dropping the power mini requirement for clips or making power mini also a requirement for weapons.  Disjointing the weapon from the clip I think is too confusing.

If all it takes is to combine both research topics to make them available at the same time then so be it. Just having the one and unable to research the other is comfusing and dare I say silly?

12)Research randomness
This is actually my favorite part of the mod (though I would love to see the ideas in the vanilla rebalance mod integrated).  Randomness fosters replayability, and forces you to perhaps try new tactics.  I like this aspect.

This is a matter of perspective (and I respect yours) however one should remember that this is a double sided coin. Whereas you see replayability and force to adapt, I see an inability to lay out my strategy and plan in a strategy game (and X-Com is a strategy game) and forcing me to deal with random problems that have nothing to do with my capabilities. Sure the game has quite a number of random factors, however its beuty (to me at least) was that despite its randomness once you learned how things worked out, you could lay down your plans and progress accordingly to your needs. This is the bet that X-com had won vs the random element and this is the bet a lot of games who have it fail. I dont say that the mod doesnt do its job well. I say that (according to my perception) it can mitigate the randomness factor a little bit, allowing it to do its job (make the game enjoyable) a lot better.[/quote]

No idea. I posted this here because I thought this is the place to do so and because I know Solarious is working all around the mod and its add ons. If there is another are to post by all means link it to me.

EDIT: BTW can someone tell me what I need to do to get the good ol' medkits back? (that is research them) :D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:29:13 pm by pilot00 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 02, 2015, 07:16:21 pm »
Copy/pasting this here because I posted it in the wrong thread.

"""""""DESCLAIMER""""""""

This constitutes my opinions and in no way it should be seen as looking down on the mod or rage or whatever. I compiled this with the hope it might give you some insights and make the mod better nothing more nothing less, so lets do this:

1) Issue the TFTD maps. While those are awesome and I like the design overall, I found certain of them to be huge and overtly complex. I had a terror mission in a resort and I felt I was replaying the old Cruise liner missions from TFTD trying to find every freaking alien in every freaking corner. And eventually I found a cyberdisc stuck in a room which had a single door (but thats another matter which is related to the originals unit placement). In other words those maps are beutifull and well designed but they are a strain to the player. Not because he will be unable to finish them or they are hard but because they suffer from hunt the alien syndrome.
I know that probably this is just me and that there is nothing to be done about it really, but I thought I will say it.

This is a matter of taste. I certainly don't think they're overly complex, actually TFTD was FAR worse, or at least that's what my memory says. Nevertheless, I'm keeping them, especially since some maps are pretty open.

As for the large units spawning ion wrong places, I agree it's a bug, but I think we should notify Hobbes - it would be much more productive to do it at the source. (Hobbes, I know you can see this. ;) )

2)On the same course I liked every new alien race in the mod so far, but again I was a bit thrown down when I saw the new alien races (and the gauss weapons) using the skins from TFTD. Again I know its not wrong but it throws me a bit off. Especially the gauss tech which is a tech developed in the second war. Would it be possible to rename Gauss into something else? Again I know this something that it is only me, but I have a knack for lore.

What can I say? I fully agree, but we need to make compromises. I would love to have custom sprites for these, but at this point I don't have the time, and when I do I'll be making a new enemy (actually started it already, it's the Chaser from UFO: Extraterrestrials - very fast, weak, but reasonably resistant to solid projectiles). But maybe some day either I or some nice person makes these sprites and I'll be more than happy to use them.

3)In one of my starts I litteraly received as a first mission the base defense. I had 1 UFO detected and shotdown and then by Jan 5 I was attacked. Surely one UFO shot down is not enough to warrant an alien retaliation mission right?

It's not related to the mod, it just happens. Base location is important; if you choose a particularly bad spot, you'll get visitors all the time.

4)Laser-Plasma-Gauss-Rails. This needs to be adressed a bit I fear.

Arrgh. :) No escape from this!

There is litteraly no reason why you should try to research Lasers anymore. With the time you can spent on having all the nessesary components to fully unlock the laser reasearch, you are better off beelining to go directly to Gauss which is actually more effective and if you are Auto happy then jump directly to Rails and be done with it. Lazers require some tweeking. Either make them easier to research or a slight damage boost to make them a clear alternative to Gauss, because honestly the Auto shot tradeoff simply doesnt cut it.

I politely disagree - lasers are better in my opinion. But they're worse in your opinion. Which probably means they're balanced. :P

My reasoning is, autofire is crucial in close-quarter combat, since it often happens that you hit an alien with the Gauss, he survives due to a low damage roll and retaliates. With autofire, it's less likely. Besides many aliens are resistant to AP damage, which makes Gauss weapons not so great despite their higher damage output. So each type has its quirks; I personally prefer lasers for their reliability, but then again there are things they're not as good at as lasers.

5)Armors. So far I am using alloy armors I havent progressed further. However I feel that even the not so humble alloy vest is too strong for what it provides. It makes you almost immune to lazers (which is ok I guess after all its alloy) but the weird things start with plasma. Unless its a really lucky shot the notsohumble alloy vest might resist a full autoshot from a plasma rifle and ever since I upgraded to ally armor this got even worse. I am not a sadist, but I dread to think what powersuits will do :D

I haven't done anything to the Personal Armour, except giving it some weight. I haven't changed vanilla plasma weapons either, except for making them a bit less accurate over long distances. Therefore you're experiencing vanilla behaviour.

And Alloy Vests are worse than the Personal Armour in every aspect, though their frontal armour value is comparable (44 vs. 50).

6) Shotguns. IDK why the alloy ammo transforms the shotgun into a rifle but I wants me an alloy scatter round pl0x. Or I would settle with a high powered shotgun variant with scatter shot. I luv me shotguns on everything below 50ish accuracy.

You want alloy scatter? No problem! I just didn't think people would be much interested in this and never went around to do so. I'll add it soon.

7)Speaking of armors and their too stronkiness (yes thats a new word), I found it amusing that said alloy armor could resist and srug off a full auto from plasma rifle but a Hybrd Ak-47 was able to penetrate the armor like it was paper. Three times.

Russians and their engineering?

As i explained above, it's just randomization. (And headshots.)

8)The Sentinel requires a small edit in its description to say it is powered up by Elerium IMHO its not clear.

Yeah, it uses Elerium. Okay, added some info, thanks.

9)Its too easy to get Psilabs although the entertainment requirement might not be so obvious, to someone who knows it might allow for psionics from month 2 which might lead to full hard on psi squads that would make the etherials cry like babies in the end game.

Maybe, though it's still a bit better than vanilla. Once the FMP moves to OpenXCom Extended, it'll be possible to make it even better. For now, I suggest playing with the line-of-sight-only psionics option.

10)Speaking of which going into your second mission and getting attacked by psionics is a bit....I wet my pants ok? I thought somehow they were etherials because I had no eye contact. Might want to dissable the sectoid leader psi powers for a couple of months and combine it with a psilab research path overhaul to delay psi in general.

Well, it's kind of canon to let them have psionics, and I don't want to change this. What we could do it to make them useless for psi research, but that wouldn't make sense. Well, at least it's hard to catch them in the first months.

11) You might want to reconsider the fact that when you have researched an alien weapon, the ammo must became automatically available to research. After all those things are clips, even if you dont know how to build more, you can simply slide them in and fire yes? And since the damn alien gave you the specifics for the entire function of the weapon why wouldnt he tell you of the clip?

At least it allows you to pick up an alien rifle during battle and use it without knowing how its clip works, yet you can't take the clips (they need to be calibrated periodically to stay useable and you need to know how to do it). It's a bit controversial, I know, but that's how vanilla works too and I didn't really want to change it.

12)Research randomness. Now this is the big question of the mod. Why should it be random and why I have litteraly to captuare the alien invasions entire command stracture to get access to their tech? What are the egg heads in my labs doing then? Engineers will provide only so many research options the rest you need leaders+ for. And while I always felt the original had bonked it in that specific department that their only thing to give was the martial solution and the cydonia mission, this mod is a bit to leader happy. You need to capture them all and the results you get are random and you get things that might lead you nowhere at your current state. I still cant understand what optronics are supposed to do, but I believe that they have to do with craft desings. Or I hope so....

Actually you don't need Leaders for anything more than in vanilla, all the rest is provided by Engineers, Medics and Navigators.

And optronics is for something else... :) Okay, I'll tell you, because you wouldn't be able to recognize it once you know it: Power Suits. (More in the future.)

So what I propose is this: Limit the need for engineers and Leaders. I dont think you should need more than 6 (total) and the tech tree should be made a bit more linear and less random. Leader/engineer 01 gives you access to tech x, then 02 gives access to tech Y and all of them branch out on specific fields.
I think that would be a good way to make things less random and allow you to reach specific avenues (for example I might be a nut and not care for my soldiers but want to speed up avionics).

This can be done, but frankly I like it random, since every campaign is different. I'm not saying no to improvements, though - and preferably more alternatives.

13)We need a message after specific research is completed in regards to husks/corpses and their dissasembly from the Engineers and their uses thereoff.

OK, I'll think about it, though at this point I am unsure on how to do it, technically.

14) The X-com Cyberdisk without having research plasma and lasers can be made available. I understand that rewiring the weapons of the cyberdisk can be possible, but then we are running on the oximoron of been unable to fire a laser rifle because the egg head didnt write a manual on it and how to load the clips on it :D

Does it mean Cyberdisc/HMG? Sure, it's possible! :)

15)The skymarshall sometimes (due to extended size I guess) gets its ramp access completely blocked in the densly terrain new maps which only allows deployment by the rear exits.

Yeah, I don't like it either, but I don't think it's a bug/bad design. It just happens. (You can blow up any obstacles.)

I would also like to say that I find the boxes deployed in front of the ramp to be completely out of place as well as the fact it is on storie one and the weels are hanging from the wings :D. I dont believe that those are the answers to provide cover durring deployment, or to be precice that eart tech craft should provide such things. Or at least do it a bit more believable?

I did some work on the Skymarshall, but never liked the result. So consider the current one a temporary version, hopefully. (I'll accept help.)

16)And something that occured to me: I have researched the toxisuit but I was wondering: Does the powersuit allow you to use flamers? One would expect from a completely sealed off containment unit to do so.

Yeah, powered armours are immune to fire.

Thats it for now. Again those my thoughts on the subject and are not to be taken as mandatory things to be changed. Just what I believe I would tweek if I had the skill to mod the game. Awaiting your reply with interest. Again GJ and as myk002  said, from henceforth I cant play the original without this mod.

Many thanks for all the careful thoughts, it's more than helpful! I love reviews like this one, they're a major force in making the mod better.

So, to do immediately:
- alloy scatter,
- Cyberdisc/HMG (or something).

I've actually wondered the same thing.  Of course I took advantage of it -- using AP ammo essentially gives you a very accurate rifle

It's not just the alloy ammo, it's the same with normal solid shots.

But... very accurate? Why? Sure, it's accurate up close, but quickly becomes useless over distance. I personally don't like shotguns much.

No special mods, it was made for the FMP specifically. Same with the shotguns and AA ammo really, even though both ideas aren't mine.

I would like to comment on point 2

With a little bit of reskin work you could make guass tech into Pulse rifles

You know the one Ripley used against Xenomorphs in Aliens.

*cough*railguns*cough* :)

EDIT: BTW can someone tell me what I need to do to get the good ol' medkits back? (that is research them) :D

Sure, you need Alien Reproduction, Alien Surgery and a living Medic.

Speaking of the Medikit, I am thinking of yet another item: a 1x1 healing spray, available from the start, which stops bleeding but doesn't recover any HP. The reason is that the First Aid Kit is so heavy and cumbersome, only 2 or 3 people in the squad can carry it. Do you think it's necessary, or maybe it should stay like it is to emphasize the importance of a dedicated field medic?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1213 on: April 02, 2015, 07:36:55 pm »
Speaking of the Medikit, I am thinking of yet another item: a 1x1 healing spray, available from the start, which stops bleeding but doesn't recover any HP. The reason is that the First Aid Kit is so heavy and cumbersome, only 2 or 3 people in the squad can carry it. Do you think it's necessary, or maybe it should stay like it is to emphasize the importance of a dedicated field medic?

I think this is a good tool early, to keep troops from dying out.... it should have a high $$ cost though (and TU?), to keep the First Aid Kit somewhat relevant.  Otherwise, it would just make the First Aid Kit obsolete.  If you don't add health, a downed trooper, would be stabilized (they won't bleed out) but they wouldn't regain consciousness.  I like it. :)

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 02, 2015, 11:27:33 pm »

How about a "turniquet"?