Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580553 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #1155 on: March 22, 2015, 09:52:12 pm »
Even though the Port Attack was removed, you may have some save info left which causes the problems. I don't really know, yet.

As for the craft landing on buildings... This shouldn't happen with a late nightly. Are you sure you have it installed properly?

As for balancing, it is deliberate that the rail cannon doesn't require Elerium - it draws energy from the ship's reactor. Well, maybe Elerium is required for some other things?

Oh, and thanks for the clipSize thing.

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 22, 2015, 10:29:59 pm »
I had a hunch that the vector thing could be about the terrains because I got a Savannah for some reason when I loaded the savegame with the present terror mission. And I think I found the or one culprit.

With that hunch I went through the terrains list, deleting everything but one for each of them.
Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_TERROR_MISSION
    width: 50
    length: 50
    height: 6
    civilians: 12
    terrains:
      - MADURBAN
      - DAWNURBANA
      - DAWNURBANB
      - PORTURBAN
      - INDUSTRIALURBAN
      - RAILYARDURBAN
      - NATIVEURBAN
      - COMRCURBAN
      - PORTTFTD

And I found that I get the error when I left either one of these two in the FMP ruleset.
      - INDUSTRIALURBAN
      - RAILYARDURBAN

This is reproducible with the terror_Bangalore save.

EDIT: The reason for getting a different terrain than the terror one is probably due to this issue. Funny how things come together.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 11:30:03 pm by Buscher »

Offline Drako^BB

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 23, 2015, 12:47:22 am »
Hmmm for now all is  OK
Thx :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1158 on: March 23, 2015, 02:27:58 pm »
Thanks for the info Buscher. So this beyond my control, which is bad since I can't fix it, but it also means I don't have to. :P But seriously, all I can do is to cite main part of the bug report:

If a Missionsite is generated e.g. a Terrorsite and you directly send troops to the Missionsite the correct texture and terrain gets displayed. If you save the game after the Missionsite is generated and you reload the game and send troops to the Missionsite, the wrong texture and terrain gets displayed.

So kids, don't reload your save. Take what the game throws at you.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1159 on: March 23, 2015, 03:44:15 pm »
Thanks for the info Buscher. So this beyond my control, which is bad since I can't fix it, but it also means I don't have to. :P But seriously, all I can do is to cite main part of the bug report:

Well i guess it is some kind of rounding error or a wrong saving of the coordinates, this problem exists in its current form after they merged https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/pull/992
So i guess it is related to that.
The only way to actually proof this would be to check if the MissionsiteMarker and the Position of the City (in case of a Terrormission) are totally identical. If not it would explain the wrong texture asignment (because of a slight coordinate mismatch.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 23, 2015, 03:58:14 pm »
Actually, since a few episodes (not published yet) my Hawaii base is about 100 km more east... floating on the ocean surface :-) Could it be related? Or maybe somebody moved Hawaii islands more west?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1161 on: March 23, 2015, 04:00:21 pm »
Actually, since a few episodes (not published yet) my Hawaii base is about 100 km more east... floating on the ocean surface :-) Could it be related? Or maybe somebody moved Hawaii islands more west?

That could be the case. Do you have an older savegame with the base  still on the correct position (hawaii land mass)? So you could edit the coordinates of this base in the savegame file to place it back on to land once again.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 23, 2015, 04:07:26 pm »
And one more: when I order Skymarshall to follow a UFO and the UFO lands, it doesn't ask me to start a mission immediately... and the UFO landing site is displayed about 50 km away from the Skymarshall's position (Skymarshall is not moving anymore)... I thought it's a one time bug, but I can reproduce this too... weird.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1163 on: March 23, 2015, 04:17:52 pm »
And one more: when I order Skymarshall to follow a UFO and the UFO lands, it doesn't ask me to start a mission immediately... and the UFO landing site is displayed about 50 km away from the Skymarshall's position (Skymarshall is not moving anymore)... I thought it's a one time bug, but I can reproduce this too... weird.

When does this occur?? After relloading a saved game or in the middle of the gameplay?

Could you provide savegames? Because i am inclined to track this thing down !
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 04:24:08 pm by hellrazor »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 23, 2015, 04:24:32 pm »
When does this occur?? After relloading a saved game or in the middle of the gameplay?

During the gameplay, it will be visible also in one of the next 5 episodes... not sure which one.

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 23, 2015, 04:55:00 pm »
Actually, I'm not sure if it's related to the mod or a bug in the game itself, but when intercepting UFOs with Thunderstorms {and maybe other interceptors, these are just my mainstays}, they will randomly stay next to the crashed UFO, not using fuel, until the crashsite vanishes.

My money's on a game bug, though.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 23, 2015, 04:57:05 pm »
Actually, I'm not sure if it's related to the mod or a bug in the game itself, but when intercepting UFOs with Thunderstorms {and maybe other interceptors, these are just my mainstays}, they will randomly stay next to the crashed UFO, not using fuel, until the crashsite vanishes.

I also experienced that, but I played Piratez. Sometimes after downing UFO interceptors do not return to base automatically.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1167 on: March 23, 2015, 07:33:21 pm »

I have encountered this also. It is a bug but not a really bad one since you manually order new back to base or somewere else.

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 23, 2015, 11:21:12 pm »
So, uh, I might have mis-communicated something, so I'd like to clarify. I didn't only talk about the change of the terrain code for a terror site when saving the game. There is still this vector::_M_range_check issue that I do not think is related to a port attack being stuck in my savegame. At the least there is no mention thereof in the sav file.
Instead I found during my investigation/experimentation with the ruleset that some blocks selected by the terrains INDUSTRIALURBAN and RAILYARDURBAN seem to be creating this error. This is of course assuming that you don't save the game once the terror site was created and therefore the terrain hasn't changed to a non-terror site terrain.

Assuming you are using this terror_Bangalore.sav and leave only INDUSTRIALURBAN in the terrains list for STR_TERROR_MISSION (FMP ruleset 1.0.3 line 9856) it should crash the game.
Spoiler:
For testing change this
    terrains:
      - MADURBAN
      - DAWNURBANA
      - DAWNURBANB
      - PORTURBAN
      - INDUSTRIALURBAN
      - NATIVEURBAN
      - COMRCURBAN
      - PORTTFTD
to this
    terrains:
      - INDUSTRIALURBAN #removed all terrains but this one

But once you remove the blocks 4, 5, 6, 7 from INDUSTRIALURBAN (FMP ruleset 1.0.3 line 6930) before undoing the previous change...
Spoiler:
For testing change this
  - type: INDUSTRIALURBAN
    commands:
    - type: addCraft
    - type: addBlock
      size: 2
      executions: 4
    - type: fillArea
      blocks: [3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17]
      freqs: [2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2]
to this
  - type: INDUSTRIALURBAN
    commands:
    - type: addCraft
    - type: addBlock
      size: 2
      executions: 4
    - type: fillArea
      blocks: [3, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17] #removed 4,5,6,7
      freqs: [2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2] #removed 2,2,2,2
... it works again. So I am not sure if there is a problem with those four blocks. I don't know how to take a look at those.
As for RAILYARDURBAN I couldn't make out neither head nor tail to which blocks might be a problem.

Naturally it's entirely possible that I messed up the game in a way. Of course I have replaced the ruleset with the original 1.0.3 just now to circumvent some odd modifications acting up but one can never know for sure.
It'd be nice to verify this if one of you just happen to have a terror mission to test with. I'd offer to take a look at it on Wednesday, as long as the savegame contains a terror ship that is about to touch down but hasn't done so yet.

---
As for the interceptor not heading back after successfully shooting down an UFO, I have also encountered it. I just don't have a savegame for the bug tracker.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1169 on: March 24, 2015, 12:20:31 pm »
If a Missionsite is generated e.g. a Terrorsite and you directly send troops to the Missionsite the correct texture and terrain gets displayed. If you save the game after the Missionsite is generated and you reload the game and send troops to the Missionsite, the wrong texture and terrain gets displayed.

This was fixed in the latest nightly (24.03.2015) Since i found the error in the c++ code :)
This may also have some influence towards other errors which were encountered, since everything are missionSites even landed or crashed UFO's. But my understanding of the code is pretty rudamentary.