Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1579957 times)

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #1095 on: March 09, 2015, 05:33:37 am »
Hi! I'm back to X-COM and my favorite mod. Anything big I've missed?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1096 on: March 09, 2015, 06:39:34 pm »
Maybe raids could be given low weights for the early months, to give players some time to setup better radar coverage? Or a message like for terrors if that's possible with the new mission stuff!

OK, I halved all instances of this mission - it should be fairly rare. Hopefully it won't become too rare - I've never seen them myself!

Hi! I'm back to X-COM and my favorite mod. Anything big I've missed?

Welcome back, and thanks! Well, nothing tremendously major I believe, mostly updating the mod to follow the nightly But the next release 1.0 will be something of previously unseen magnitude. :)

Offline DarkerDark

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 09, 2015, 09:15:54 pm »
Some of the sections of the factory raid map are buggy. There are certain stairs that cannot be climbed and I think I've got an alien stuck in a room on one of the upper floors that I just can't get to. I've tried high explosives and rockets to try to flush the alien out, but all it ends up doing is destroying the floor tiles surrounding his prison which means I can't throw any more high explosives up there as the walls are still intact. It's quite annoying. Are the walls indestructible or does it just require higher tier weapons?

Offline Tetsu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: March 10, 2015, 07:33:50 am »
Hi guys,
Trying to start a playthrough on a fresh install of OpenXcom nightly 2015_02_22_0621 with Final Mod Pack 0.9.9 . No other mods installed, clean datafiles etc. Complete fresh install.

Running fine until I hit 29th January, 10:00. The minute it hits this date and time the game just crashes to desktop. No error throws or anything, the window literally just closes. Running on Windows 7 64bit if it helps. Any suggestions with how I can debug this? Complete noob at such things, and would like to beable to push forward with this. I'm gonna try installing the latest nightly and see if that helps, but thought I'd post here and see if anyone else had seen this.

Offline Tetsu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 10, 2015, 07:48:29 am »
Okay upgraded to Open Xcom Nightly 2015_03_07_1051 and appears to have fixed. Sorry to bother you guys :)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: March 10, 2015, 09:19:36 am »
I had a crash too in March, it was a terror mission in Antarctica, which couldn't find any city there and just crashed.

Offline Tetsu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 10, 2015, 12:01:46 pm »
Wondering if this may have been the same, I've got save scumming off. Would updating the OpenXCom files reset the seed perhaps?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 10, 2015, 12:33:50 pm »
Some of the sections of the factory raid map are buggy. There are certain stairs that cannot be climbed and I think I've got an alien stuck in a room on one of the upper floors that I just can't get to. I've tried high explosives and rockets to try to flush the alien out, but all it ends up doing is destroying the floor tiles surrounding his prison which means I can't throw any more high explosives up there as the walls are still intact. It's quite annoying. Are the walls indestructible or does it just require higher tier weapons?

Sadly, I don't know. I guess you should ask Hobbes, since it's his work. I'll try to investigate though.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: March 10, 2015, 01:05:38 pm »
There are two different solutions described in the FMP thread:
1/ find the mission in the save and change the region to something else (e.g. Europe)
2/ find the region in the FMP ruleset and enable the cities, which are commented out

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 10, 2015, 06:08:28 pm »
Running fine until I hit 29th January, 10:00. The minute it hits this date and time the game just crashes to desktop. No error throws or anything, the window literally just closes.

That very much sounds like the time a UFO would go for a city to launch your end of month terror mission. You can look into your save (just check a few pages back in this thread for the instructions) to see if that's the case. Meridian's solutions are the right ones.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 10, 2015, 06:19:31 pm »
Sadly, I don't know. I guess you should ask Hobbes, since it's his work. I'll try to investigate though.

This sounds like the stairs bug, and I've never redesigned the factory to try to minimize this issue. I'd actually recommend that you remove the Alien Raids from the FMP since I've long removed that kinda of mission from the Terrain Pack.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 10, 2015, 11:13:50 pm »
This sounds like the stairs bug, and I've never redesigned the factory to try to minimize this issue. I'd actually recommend that you remove the Alien Raids from the FMP since I've long removed that kinda of mission from the Terrain Pack.

Thanks, maybe I will, but it'll probably mean more broken saves. :P

Offline DarkerDark

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 11, 2015, 10:45:31 am »
It's gotta be said, this modpack is pretty fun!

I'm really enjoying the special missions and the variety of races to fight against.

Spoiler:
The MiB mission where they're having a meeting with the sectoid leader and his hybrids was a blast to play through and it very much sets up the MiB as alien-dealing goons rather than just misguided humans. Two thumbs up to the guys who came up with that mission.

I like the arsenal of early weapons available, though a few of them have been phased out of my squads after letting me down far too often (SMG and the miniguns). The laser weapons are good and will be distributed amongst my men, and when it comes to Gauss weapons, the Gauss Sniper Rifle is king. Actually, the Gauss Sniper Rifle might be a little too good compared to its Gauss brethren (maybe lowering the ammo count on it would help balance it?)

I am wondering a little bit about production strategies though, is there anything I should be manufacturing for money, or is it all pretty much balanced profit wise?

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 13, 2015, 05:53:04 am »
Last I've played, mass-producing motion sensors seems to be the biggest moneymaker. That or gauss cannons, I forget.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 13, 2015, 03:30:31 pm »
Last I've played, mass-producing motion sensors seems to be the biggest moneymaker. That or gauss cannons, I forget.

I think it was the gauss cannon ammo, which was incorrectly priced. The cannon, well, it wasn't anything outrageous, though I can't remember exactly.

As for the sensors, they were unchanged from vanilla.