Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580080 times)

Offline Avalanche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #1080 on: March 04, 2015, 12:48:58 am »
I'm fairly sure that I started a new game for this version of the mod, but I'm not positive. That could well be the issue. It's probably a safe assumption unless someone else has a similar issue.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1081 on: March 04, 2015, 04:21:17 pm »
Ey Solarius, is the FMP compatible with the newest nightly?

Not at this point. I'll fix it in a few days.

And sorry about that Antarctica thing. Really. :)

Offline Avalanche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 05, 2015, 02:40:17 pm »
Not a problem. I've since had a few more aliens attempt to terrorize Antarctica, but I've been able to shoot the terror ships down before they land.

In unrelated matters, do you think it could be possible to add a way to make smoke grenades instead of having to buy them? I like having smoke around, and it's needed for the medi-gas grenades, but my inventory fills up after a few months and unless I buy a ton of them early on, I run out fairly quick.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 05, 2015, 09:34:16 pm »
That's peculiar.. The problem should arise as soon as the UFO spawns: It has no city to aim for. You should not even have time to detect it, let alone shoot it down.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 06, 2015, 12:31:40 pm »
In unrelated matters, do you think it could be possible to add a way to make smoke grenades instead of having to buy them? I like having smoke around, and it's needed for the medi-gas grenades, but my inventory fills up after a few months and unless I buy a ton of them early on, I run out fairly quick.

Well, can't you... you know... manage your stores better? :) Build more, sell stuff, found new bases? Or failing that, simply edit the ruleset and increase the stores capacity ten times?

The problem you described is so general that I'd have to make everything manufacturable, because hey, you might need it at some point. And besides it'd be a bit silly.

That's peculiar.. The problem should arise as soon as the UFO spawns: It has no city to aim for. You should not even have time to detect it, let alone shoot it down.

Not necessarily. I am not sure about this, but a UFO trajectory consists of several stages, and maybe the game only crashes when the assault stage kicks in (when the UFO goes straight for the city, which happens after some wandering).

Offline Avalanche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 06, 2015, 02:35:51 pm »
Well, the reason I ask about smoke specifically is that everything else already can   be manufactured. Pretty much all guns, all ammos, most explosives, and all damage types are things you can make really early on. I mean, I guess there's no way to make flares, but since they're reusable and incendiaries work just as well, there's no point. But unless I'm missing something, the only way to get smoke is either to buy it or blow something up, which probably isn't great for inside of the skyranger.

It's not really a big deal though, so I can live without it.

As for the terror mission, it's possible that it the ship wasn't actually about to engage in a terror attack. It was a terror ship, on a terror mission according to the Hyperwave Decoder, but I didn't wait around to see if it actually tried to land or not. If I wind up with more terror attacks on Antarctica, I'll make a save and play around a bit to see what happens.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 08, 2015, 12:50:47 pm »
1. So, I got a crash too on FMP 0.9.9 and can't continue with my LP :-(

I guess I have the same problem:

Code: [Select]
alienMissions:
  - uniqueID: 6
    liveUfos: 0
    spawnCountdown: 10440
    nextUfoCounter: 0
    nextWave: 2
    race: STR_SECTOID
    type: STR_ALIEN_TERROR
    region: STR_ANTARCTICA
discovered:

Can I do something else than send them to another zone? Maybe add some cities to Antarctica somehow?

2. Also, why do I have only one mission?
I checked the saves and I have 2 missions in January (1=research & 2=terror), but only one mission in February (4=terror) and again only one mission in March (6=terror)... shouldn't I have at least two?? Unique IDs 3 and 5 are not visible in any save...

3. Last thing, I had big spikes of alien activity on 1st of February and 1st of March... cca 500 points for aliens.... but there was no terror mission.... what's going on? And does it maybe relate to above problem?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:53:01 pm by Meridian »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 08, 2015, 01:07:01 pm »
1. Open a data/ruleset/FinalModPack.rul file with a notepad and find a section
#  - type: STR_ANTARCTICA
#    cities:
    #  - name: STR_VOSTOKSTATION # Russian
    #    lon: 116.782
    #    lat: 75.2393
    #  - name: STR_MCMURDOSTATION # American
    #    lon: 171.575
    #    lat: 79.0707
    #  - name: STR_AMUNDSENSCOTTSTATION # American South Pole
    #    lon: 0
    #    lat: 90
#    missionWeights:
#      STR_ALIEN_RESEARCH: 25
#      STR_ALIEN_BASE: 35
#      STR_MIB_COVERUP: 8
#      STR_HYBRID_GROUND_CONVOY: 5
#      STR_HYBRID_MEETING: 10
#      STR_HYBRID_BASE: 5
Those are all disabled, but your terror mission probably started prior to upgrading to 0.9.9, and scout ships were unable to find cities to terrorize (because those were disabled too, only region existed), so now when a terror ship spawned it is unable to target anything.
to get through the error swap above section with
  - type: STR_ANTARCTICA
    cities:
      - name: STR_VOSTOKSTATION # Standard View
        lon: 116.782
        lat: 75.2393
      - name: STR_MCMURDOSTATION # Standard View
        lon: 171.575
        lat: 79.0707
      - name: STR_AMUNDSENSCOTTSTATION # Standard View
        lon: 0
        lat: 90
    missionWeights:
      STR_ALIEN_RESEARCH: 25
      STR_ALIEN_BASE: 35
      STR_MIB_COVERUP: 8
      STR_HYBRID_GROUND_CONVOY: 5
      STR_HYBRID_MEETING: 10
      STR_HYBRID_BASE: 5
This will unlock 3 antarctic cities for aliens to terrorize. When a terror mission is complete you can swap it back, or keep playing with those 3 antarctic stations still present on geoscape. It is just that they can have tropical city terrain, which is somewhat silly.

2. I do not know enough to comment on this.

3. I saw your Let`s play (it`s fun to watch, keep it up!) and those graph spikes are probably Hybrid race or MiB race missions. Mechanically they are represented by a landing site, which stays inert for a very long time scoring you negative points. Early on you have to find those through graphs and radar coveage of interceptors.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 01:11:50 pm by Ridаn »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 08, 2015, 01:14:31 pm »
Yeah, what Ridan said. Or I think you can simply change the terror mission to something, else, or delete it altogether... I'm not sure at this point.

Pity it came to this. Bugs that are fixed but still present in the save are a problem. If you can't deal with this, please send me the save and I'll do it.

As for the spikes of activity, I can't say for sure without looking at the save, but it's possible you've been screwed over by the Dice Gods and got two raid missions early. Or maybe you have a Man in Black/Hybrid base somewhere - check which region it is and search it.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 08, 2015, 08:45:46 pm »
Thanks guys, it worked.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 08, 2015, 10:41:14 pm »
Glad it worked for you.

Now, regarding less missions... I started a new game to test this and indeed the aliens seem to be more benign than they should be. However, they do their stuff just fine, it just takes them longer to start.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 08, 2015, 10:49:33 pm »
If there are missions 4 and 6, there must have been missions 3 and 5. The numbers also work: #3 as the first mission of February, #5 as the first of March (both followed by the obligatory terrors). It very much sounds like you got missions that are short to execute for both months.

One way to verify is to start an new game (with exactly the same mods as you did for your LP) and look under the alien strategy part of the save. It will tell you every mission that could be generated. Now look at your current save and check the difference. The missions missing from your saves are the one that were done.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 09, 2015, 12:02:15 am »
OK, so I compared it.... it was an incredibly painful process, because it is not sorted... but I took my time ;-)
The result: I am missing exactly 2 missions (other 4 were probably not taken from the list at all: all 3 terror missions and the introductory alien research in january):

- region: STR_SOUTH_AMERICA
      missions:
        STR_ALIEN_RAID: 18

- region: STR_SOUTH_EAST_ASIA
      missions:
        STR_ALIEN_RAID: 16

Is this the type of mission, which doesn't register as terror site and has probably just one UFO in it that causes 500-600 points in alien activity?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 12:05:45 am by Meridian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 09, 2015, 02:07:45 am »
Yep, a successful raid nets the aliens 500 points a piece.

You're just screwed by dice. :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 09, 2015, 02:40:04 am »
Good work checking them all! Now we know that the game works properly. It's annoying to miss two missions in a row for a LP though..

Maybe raids could be given low weights for the early months, to give players some time to setup better radar coverage? Or a message like for terrors if that's possible with the new mission stuff!