aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580602 times)

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #900 on: November 17, 2014, 07:55:24 pm »
Yep, the Ground Convoy missions. They use the Small and Medium Ground Convoy UFOs, with a max speed of 5000 and an acceleration of 10. For comparison, a Thunderstorm rates a 4000 and a 4, making it literally impossible to catch until you have all the prerequisites to make Firestorms and Tormentors. The UFOpaedia entry also lists it as basically a freight mission, which doesn't really jibe with speeds that would put ICBMs to shame.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #901 on: November 17, 2014, 08:40:07 pm »
Yep, the Ground Convoy missions. They use the Small and Medium Ground Convoy UFOs, with a max speed of 5000 and an acceleration of 10. For comparison, a Thunderstorm rates a 4000 and a 4, making it literally impossible to catch until you have all the prerequisites to make Firestorms and Tormentors. The UFOpaedia entry also lists it as basically a freight mission, which doesn't really jibe with speeds that would put ICBMs to shame.

The funny thing is, these UFOs should not be able to move at all. I didn't have much luck spawning them, so I can't say for sure, but they seem to be bugged. I'll fix them.

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 17, 2014, 09:21:06 pm »
Ahhh. Well, in the meantime, I just edited my ruleset and took off a zero. I'll see how that goes.

Offline endersblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 18, 2014, 07:42:15 am »
Was previously using 0.9.6.1.  Just did a fresh install of OpenXcom (I broke something), installed 0.9.7 on fresh install, get an error:

Code: [Select]
Error with unit: STR_ALIEN_DRONE_TERRORIST: Unit height may not exceed 25
Make sure you installed OpenXcom correctly.

This shows up in the DOS-looking window right as OXC tries loading at the very start.  OpenXcom works just fine with your mod disabled.  I opened your mod and found the offending unit, but its standing height is at 21.  Not sure what's going on >.>  I compared its stats to the one in 0.9.6.1, they're identical.

This is absolutely the ONLY mod I have installed, and it is the ONLY mod I am trying to enable.

Using openxcom_git_master_2014_11_17_1232 Nightly.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:45:50 am by endersblade »

Offline ceilingrat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 18, 2014, 09:38:07 am »
+1 on the crash bug. Fresh install of Openxcom, grabbed latest nightly (openxcom_git_master_2014_11_17_1232), unzipped. Openxcom works fine. Activated FinalModPack.rul, Openxcom restarted as it does when activating mods, and BOOM! crash to console window showing the same thing endersblade saw.

In same boat as endersblade, Final Mod Pack is the only mod installed, and the only one I'm trying to activate.

Windows 7 32-bit.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 18, 2014, 09:48:36 am »
It's a check added two days ago, floatHeight+standHeight should be < 25
https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/commit/ade3ae6df1d65e03738745111a5aab9fe61c4421

Offline endersblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 19, 2014, 07:12:08 am »
STR_ALIEN_DRONE_TERRORIST
STR_CEREBREAL_LARVA_TERRORIST
STR_SALAMANDRON_TERRORIST

These are the three offenders.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 19, 2014, 11:21:02 pm »
STR_ALIEN_DRONE_TERRORIST
STR_CEREBREAL_LARVA_TERRORIST
STR_SALAMANDRON_TERRORIST

These are the three offenders.

Thanks for pointing it out. Yeah, I have always been aware of this discrepancy, but left it as it was since there was no problem with it and I felt it was appropriate. So it was a design decision, mostly.

Now I need to change it...

EDIT:

0.9.7.1 is online. It's basically a fix, but I also added Yrizoud's landmine. Thanks, mate!

Offline Avalanche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 20, 2014, 04:34:50 am »
I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but I have noticed one minor problem. The starting medkits have a shown TU cost that doesn't match up with the actual cost. It's not really a big issue, but it's one which has been around for a while.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 20, 2014, 08:28:52 am »
I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but I have noticed one minor problem. The starting medkits have a shown TU cost that doesn't match up with the actual cost. It's not really a big issue, but it's one which has been around for a while.

I know, but I have no idea how to fix it. Either it's hardcoded or I'm missing something obvious.

A solution would be making all medikits identical in terms of TU use, but where's the fun in that?

Offline Titanium White

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 21, 2014, 04:52:10 pm »
Just downloaded the latest nightly and the new update to FMP and got this. I don't know if it's a bug in the new nightly or the modpack, but now you know.

Reverting back to openxcom_git_master_2014_11_16_0533 seems to have fixed it. Several newer nightlies seems to reproduce the problem as well.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 05:07:59 pm by Titanium White »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 21, 2014, 06:01:38 pm »
Just downloaded the latest nightly and the new update to FMP and got this. I don't know if it's a bug in the new nightly or the modpack, but now you know.

Reverting back to openxcom_git_master_2014_11_16_0533 seems to have fixed it. Several newer nightlies seems to reproduce the problem as well.

I think I'm gonna strangle someone. :P Probably myself.

I need to sit down and do some tests, but I don't know if it's the mod being incompatible with the newest nightly or it's a bug in the nightly itself.

Does it happen often?

(Of course, this can be attributed to X-Com going into action with full force. Screw buildings integrity!)

EDIT: Apparently Warboy is doing some mighty work on the map generator. Let's for now assume these are temporary problems. If they persist, I'm sure mods can be altered to ensure smooth functioning.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:18:06 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Titanium White

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 21, 2014, 07:22:32 pm »
I got it consistently even after reloading on the geoscape. (Save-scumming is on, so seeds are randomized each time.) 5 landings on the same crash-site, different layout every time but the pilot decided to crash into buildings every single time.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 21, 2014, 08:23:30 pm »
the definition where a craft can land is not "type: 1" anymore but "group: 1"
so adding "group: 1" for all "type: 1" should help
group 2-4 is used for the operation addline (to make roads)
so here hopefully one can do a similar fix
i did not see anything in the scripts in reagerd to the old "type: 5...8" i assume its not used anymore

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 21, 2014, 09:23:39 pm »
Question, do Muton Praetorians fall under the leader category for research purposes? {a glance at the ruleaset implies no, but I might be misreading}

Also, what are the steps required for adding/replacing a new alien sprite? I did some basic race recolors a while back, but I realized that I need to recolor the inventory sprites as well {at the very least}. Is there a tutorial or something one might recommend?