Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1599678 times)

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #630 on: September 01, 2014, 08:42:21 pm »
...Or may be add them as a "Elite" floater warriors? To make them a credible threat in middle game and beyond, because regular floaters are not  a challenge once you have a good soldier squad...
Making them more resistant to mind control and giving them better stats... Yuo will have your nice looking new floaters, but you would not be able to tell which one is the commander. Just a suggestion... Thanks for sharing!!!  8)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #631 on: September 01, 2014, 08:50:26 pm »
...Or may be add them as a "Elite" floater warriors? To make them a credible threat in middle game and beyond, because regular floaters are not  a challenge once you have a good soldier squad...
Making them more resistant to mind control and giving them better stats... Yuo will have your nice looking new floaters, but you would not be able to tell which one is the commander. Just a suggestion... Thanks for sharing!!!  8)

Not a bad idea, but I think it'd be better to make completely new aliens. Which I'm sure will happen. :D

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 02, 2014, 02:46:37 am »
Put the atack dogs..... Lol

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #633 on: September 02, 2014, 10:57:03 am »
Blue floaters are officers or according to the ufopedia picture medics. But I still think that commanders need distinctive look. And it is not such a big thing to make the graphics (I work on it just for fun right now as well as the new ufopedia alien pictures).
Here how my blue floaters looked like in the vanilla X-com (DosBox screen capture):

And this could be the inventory (It is theoretically use the Ufo-palette if I do it well with NeoPaint):

But there are a few things. First I saw that PCKview saves the pck-image tables in a different size like the png\gif tables bear in the FMP resources. Is this bad? Or the game shall use it well? And why is different the x-y dimensions afterall?
And still, If the graphics are done and passed\accepted someone need to code them. What is the harder part I think.

And some more FMP-related thing... I reported that Salamandron have no ufopedia entry... I captured two of them. Researched both but got no ufopedia entry and report! But while I interrogated a sectoid medic I got the Salamandron entry as a result!
WTF from the deepest I think! But still no spitter and small launcher research options but I have plenty of them in my storages. I already have blaster launcher, plasma weapons, psi-amp and mass-accelerator weapons. And I have no more interrogation options for alien leaders and commanders only engineers, navigators and medics.
Did I missed some pre-reqs? And how could MiB researched if research them is even possible at all. And why do they appear? Because some countries made a pact with aliens?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 02, 2014, 12:01:52 pm »
Put the atack dogs..... Lol

The dogs... Are already there! :)
(Also used by the MiB.)

Blue floaters are officers or according to the ufopedia picture medics. But I still think that commanders need distinctive look. And it is not such a big thing to make the graphics (I work on it just for fun right now as well as the new ufopedia alien pictures).

An interesting point. All right, we'll see how it goes.

And some more FMP-related thing... I reported that Salamandron have no ufopedia entry... I captured two of them. Researched both but got no ufopedia entry and report! But while I interrogated a sectoid medic I got the Salamandron entry as a result!

OK, it's possible that the Salamandron isn't properly linked to the autopsy pic. I'll check.

WTF from the deepest I think! But still no spitter and small launcher research options but I have plenty of them in my storages. I already have blaster launcher, plasma weapons, psi-amp and mass-accelerator weapons. And I have no more interrogation options for alien leaders and commanders only engineers, navigators and medics.

The small launcher depends on gravity stuff, Engineers should do fine here. But the ammo is dependant on Medics.

And how could MiB researched if research them is even possible at all. And why do they appear? Because some countries made a pact with aliens?

No, they appear randomly. They're just your competition. :)

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 02, 2014, 03:54:05 pm »
If the alien pacts with some countries..... Game over

Is important build and cover all the planet you must have bases and outpost

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #636 on: September 02, 2014, 05:14:54 pm »
Bad news: your radar coverage, interceptions, score etc. are irrelevant. Each month there is a chance an Alien Infiltration mission will start, and once it happens, there is no way to stop it from succeeding, even if you shoot down all the UFOs.
However, there is no direct proof that you can get an early "game over" through losing too many countries.

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #637 on: September 02, 2014, 09:20:13 pm »
I got some more ideas - I think soon you shall hate me like hell - about ufopedia. Here is some png pictures for alloy skyranger and alloy cannon:

The skyranger really need some blur but I am not sure how shall blurred pixels treated during palette conversion.

And some screens from the PS game over video for ufopedia alien researches:

Possible Alien retaliation, alien infiltration and alien terror\flyby... Maybe need some resize for them. What do you think?

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 02, 2014, 09:56:03 pm »
Nice walls. Ant the cover is needed to down the ufos.

Ok i dont see dogs in the game. Arrrgh may be corrupt my game normally i update forever the mod to last version and update to last nightlies. May be corrult the game??? I dont see ethereal sectopods or dogs. I only see 1alien base and defeat. And the time go along and i dont see more. I have cover all planet and i shootdown over 90% of ufos. I dont know

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 02, 2014, 10:51:05 pm »
Duke_Falcon, thanks for the pics! I'm not sure if I'll use them yet, but they certainly have potential.

Arrakis69ct, I don't understand what you are saying... Dogs aren't in the FMP yet.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 02, 2014, 11:02:41 pm »
Ok. Sorry i am confused

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 03, 2014, 01:19:16 pm »
This mod is compatible with improved living quarters and large storage mod???

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 03, 2014, 01:24:50 pm »
This mod is compatible with improved living quarters and large storage mod???

The big Living Quarters are already in, and the big Stores will be added very soon (maybe today, since I already have it integrated on my local installation).

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 03, 2014, 01:52:36 pm »
Ok waiting and thx

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 03, 2014, 06:14:10 pm »
- Some terror maps have areas what can not be accessed normally only if walls of furnitures got destroyed prior[/size]

Can you post pictures of the maps where this happens?