Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1786561 times)

Offline CrazedHarpooner

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3480 on: September 15, 2024, 03:20:30 am »
So, like vanilla rules, here is no time dependance? You can got ethereals or mutons in jan'1999 in 10% cases? Or specific race should "arrive" at first?
Theoretically, they could, but it doesn't work this way. As indicated by the comment in the section of code, all retaliation missions generated from a shotdown UFO will use the race that was in that UFO and ignore this list. These particular raceWeights only come into play if a missionScript is set to generate a retaliation mission. FMP doesn't add any such scripts as far as I've seen and thus only the vanilla retaliations come into play, one from completing "The Martian Solution" research and the other is on a difficulty-based months-passed condition. On superhuman, that's after October'99 has passed.

2. Do labels (numbers) in RaceWeights section actually represent months?
Yes, and the engine will continue to use those weights until the next month threshold has passed. If no further months-passed are set, then it'll use the latest one in the list (in this case, 0) for all future months.

3. Can specific alien base race change during the game? IIRC seeing snakes + chryssalids on early scouting mission, but then I finally got my toys and balls one year later for another visit, it was turned to be populated with mutons instead... Or I just messed my memory with another campaign?
While OXCE has added such modding option, FMP has not been updated to use it. So, no, they can't in this mod.

Offline hth

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: September 16, 2024, 10:45:48 pm »
Thanks for clear answers!

Offline quikesan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: September 18, 2024, 01:59:49 pm »
Question about Armours:

I have notice that it seems the different armours (Flying Suit, Stormtrooper Armour) try to avoid the pattern "the later the better", I guess, in order to force tactical decisions (this guy will wear this armour for this role, and some other guy will wear another armour for some other role).

So my questions are:
- In your opinion, Is there a better armour that fits for all roles?
- If not, which armour would you use for which role?

Thanks in advance

Offline hth

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: September 18, 2024, 02:25:04 pm »
This thing is just sit down here for month or so. Is it broken?

About armor, I think Flying Suit is absolutely superior, even kinda OP. It makes Power Suit ("parent" on tech tree) quickly absolete, because have not movement penalties but offers slightly better protection. Also Juggernauts can have limited usage in late game for commanders and psionics.

Offline quikesan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: September 18, 2024, 02:37:45 pm »
About armor, I think Flying Suit is absolutely superior, even kinda OP. It makes Power Suit ("parent" on tech tree) quickly absolete, because have not movement penalties but offers slightly better protection. Also Juggernauts can have limited usage in late game for commanders and psionics.

Cool, thanks, nice insight.

This thing is just sit down here for month or so. Is it broken?

Note that the craft type is "Keep". I think it is something like you have discover a base of the Hybrids. I think that if you do the mission, it is not a UFO, but a building (kind of like a Hybrid Base)

Offline hth

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: September 18, 2024, 10:27:36 pm »
I think it is something like you have discover a base of the Hybrids. I think that if you do the mission, it is not a UFO, but a building (kind of like a Hybrid Base)
Probably you are kinda right (except it was flyed at first). Found its landing time in ufoTrajectories_FMP.rul :

- id: B0
    groundTimer: 50000000   

(~100 years)

Probably by now I will ignore it because for my very late game there is no much reward and sense for fighting with Hybrids.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 10:43:08 pm by hth »