aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1570275 times)

Offline Zesty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3240 on: June 14, 2021, 09:35:42 pm »
Like the mod, have a few problems with progression. Too much is locked behind capturing high rank aliens to unlock higher tech. These can be impossible to find depending on what RNG spawns for you. I did one battleship assault around May/April vs. floaters where I captured 2 leaders and 1 commander but it's now July and I've had nothing but Anthropod and MiB missions, neither of which generate high rank aliens. The only exception was two chtonite and a single waspite mission where I didn't get anything. I'm sitting around with nothing to do with my researchers while 350 engineers churn out endless money from motion scanners.

Suggestions:
- Give all aliens high ranks to capture.
- Trim down the number of MiB missions.
- Move the mind probe much earlier in the tech tree so it can be used to see alien ranks. As it is it's kind of at the end of the tech tree so it's mostly useless by the time you could get it.
- Make the alien race appearances more varied if you can. If its possible to exclude an alien race that has appeared from appearing again for a certain amount of time that'd work well. As it is I've not seen snakemen, ethereals, mutons, cerebreal, chasers, gazers, or reptoids. Maybe I'm just incredibly unlucky but not getting to see all the aliens kind of sucks.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 09:40:43 pm by Zesty »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3241 on: July 26, 2021, 09:13:17 pm »
Hi, and thanks!
I've decreased the chances for all MiB missions. I think it was a needed change.

As for the high ranks, there should no issue with finding high-ranked aliens (capturing may be a different matter). You only need a couple anyway, since almost everything can be found from Medics and Engineers, who are ubiquitous.

EDIT: 2.6f has been released.

- Less MiB missions.
- Grav module can be recovered from Waspites.
- Better Dart Rifle graphics (by Brain_322).
- URBITS tile 22 is destructible.
- Fixed Waspite research (thanks R1dO).
- Fixed Junkfarm terrain movement costs.
- Fixed Jump Armor sprite (thanks The Martian).
- Fixed position of HC and AC AA clips (by Brain_322).
- Fixed civilian corpses recovery.

EDIT 2: 2.6g has been released, relevant for those who play on OXCE.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 12:08:28 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Docent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: September 01, 2021, 12:26:20 pm »
What was the problem with the Waspite research?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: September 06, 2021, 09:01:36 pm »
What was the problem with the Waspite research?

Sorry, I can't remember. It's fixed, so why keep it in my head? :)

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: September 06, 2021, 09:25:49 pm »
The problem with that research was that if you had a steady supply of live waspite medics you could do the research over and over again, even if all the free research topics you get for researching the medic were already done.

A bit of a player trap.

Offline cptelerium

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: September 12, 2021, 10:23:15 pm »
EDIT: 2.6f has been released.

Hello neighbour, very glad to see you're still working on this cool mod! (and overall on OpenXCom)!  8)

If I want to play "like UFO1 but expanded" then is this still the mod to pick? Just go with the newest version?

My current project, The X-Com Files, a successor to the Final Mod Pack, is much bolder with the changes.
- Solarius Scorch

How these two relate nowdays? Is X-com Files a suepr-set that further extends FMP?
Is X-Com files "finished" as much as FMP currently?
I wanted to play some serious ironman game, so would be good if thing doesn't break and is also kinda "final"

Offline cptelerium

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: September 12, 2021, 10:43:10 pm »

Maybe I'm blind, but where is the full description of this mod?

I can't see any "show full description" or anything on the mod page on https://openxcom.mod.io/final-mod-pack

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
  • Y'all are awesome! Thankful for this community.
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #3247 on: September 16, 2021, 08:23:24 pm »
Suggestion on current version of the FMP v2.8g

I think a lot of the manufacturing costs should be looked at and considered some re balances.

For example many of the items that are created with alien alloys I think are imbalanced, for example:

STR_ALLOY_SWORD
Cost $12k, Alien Alloys: 3

STR_ALLOY_CANNON_ROUNDS_X50
Cost: $60, Alien Alloys: 2

I guess I'm thinking more realistically speaking but that a huge disparity because I would think 50 rounds on a military gatling cannon is more material then a single sword.

Also, I think that the AA_Cannon rounds was prices at $60 is because it cost $6.5k to produce 1x alien alloys, so in retrospect these two items cost likewise
STR_ALLOY_SWORD = $31,500
STR_ALLOY_CANNON_ROUNDS_X50 = $13,060

I saw a lot of these inconsistencies, probably my OCD, and they may already be something you're considering in the future.

Thanks for listening.

Also, I'm totally hooked on X-Com Files, so pretty much will be running that game now, thinking that these suggestion would apply there also?

-JC

Offline Hexhammer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: September 17, 2021, 01:52:04 pm »
After almost one year break I got back into my game I had started already ages ago... After updating to the latest FMP, things have been working smoothly. Only good things to say about the current state of the mod.

But there's something I'd like to know about, what the hell is that super mega nasty terror unit mutons have floating around? :D I just attempted a base raid, I kept pelting the damn thing with rockets and plasma and nothing seemed to take it down, does this thing just require something with a bit more oomph? Like a blaster launcher? Don't spoil too much, I'm yet to even know what the hell that thing is called... But heck, nothing seemed to even scratch it... And of course I had forgotten to bring mind probe to actually see what kind of a beating does that cursed device take. And the damn mutons are already scouting for a retaliation... I'm in serious trouble with those things unless I get something heavy enough to knock them out. I guess its time to change research priorities a bit... (I have been slow on it on purpose to add some challenge.)

Offline Hexhammer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: September 20, 2021, 10:44:25 am »
This is very interesting, there was a Muton base mission happening on Antarctica, I messed up and sent the squads there too late and missed the battleship and the other supply ship... So I loaded a game prior to not mess it up. I swiftly shot down both excavators and expected the others to show up any moment, but its already the day after and the other UFOs never showed up. Is this a way to postpone a base mission, by shooting down the excavators or just a fluke?

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: October 13, 2021, 01:07:39 am »
It's not a glitch. You need to first research elerium 115 in order to make alien laser rifle clips.

Sorry im a bit late to the game here.

- Using x com final mod pack with OXCE

Researched laser rile ammo, was using it, then after a mission i was prompt that i needed to manufacture more clips/refills for the laser rile.
It wasn't available and hasn't been since.

By the way, amazing job on this. i am totally blown away by this new mod game.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: October 13, 2021, 01:08:56 am »
Oh and to add to my previous post, im using version 2.8 final mod pack

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: October 13, 2021, 05:27:19 pm »
Good news, I believe I understand what was happening with the laser rifle ammo clips.
I was able to use the laser rifles and had. Clips. Possibly those clips were from loot I had picked up from crash sites, terror missions, etc.

But I wasn’t able to manufacture them anymore. Something happen at some point in the research tree that must have reset that.

However, today I was able to research “batteries”. And a bunch of other latter items came up for further research (laser pistol, laser clip), and also the one I was looking for “Alien laser rifle clip”.

Not sure if that helps anyone but it is what it is.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: November 03, 2021, 04:30:56 pm »
So I beat the FMP a couple weeks ago and decided to give it another go. The second time around I was surprised to see some aliens I didn’t see the first time around like the Gazza. Seen a lot of salamadrons the first time around, hardly any now. Also was over whelmed with those blue aliens the first time. Only seen them once this time.

What a great collection of mods put together here. I think the plasma weapons are a little too far off. Meaning should be a little easier to get. Though once plasma is obtained, it’s over for the aliens. It’s just impossible to handle a terror attack full of mutton’s with laser rifles. Believe it or not the assault rifles with alloy ammo (a pretty basic component that can be used early on) is a keeper. Even towards the end of the game, I have two gunners using assault rifles with alloy shots. The 4 banger auto shot is also helpful.

I’m so impressed with this game and the FMP. Open x Com.
Thank you to all for your hard work. Truly amazing. Too bad we won’t see more of these. This is a gem.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: December 05, 2021, 12:22:58 pm »
Sorry for disappearing for a few months... I'm still here and modding ::)

Hello neighbour, very glad to see you're still working on this cool mod! (and overall on OpenXCom)!  8)

You're welcome, neighbour! :)

If I want to play "like UFO1 but expanded" then is this still the mod to pick? Just go with the newest version?

Yeah, that's pretty much what this mod is, an unofficial expansion and lengthening.

How these two relate nowdays? Is X-com Files a suepr-set that further extends FMP?
Is X-Com files "finished" as much as FMP currently?
I wanted to play some serious ironman game, so would be good if thing doesn't break and is also kinda "final"

The X-Com Files is indeed FMPs younger and bigger brother, but also it's different in concept - it's more complex, harder, and not really alien focused (you mostly fight humans).
Also, it's definitely playable, but still pretty far from being finished.

Maybe I'm blind, but where is the full description of this mod?

I can't see any "show full description" or anything on the mod page on https://openxcom.mod.io/final-mod-pack

Not sure what I could add here besides the first paragraph...

Suggestion on current version of the FMP v2.8g

I think a lot of the manufacturing costs should be looked at and considered some re balances.

For example many of the items that are created with alien alloys I think are imbalanced, for example:

STR_ALLOY_SWORD
Cost $12k, Alien Alloys: 3

STR_ALLOY_CANNON_ROUNDS_X50
Cost: $60, Alien Alloys: 2

I guess I'm thinking more realistically speaking but that a huge disparity because I would think 50 rounds on a military gatling cannon is more material then a single sword. (...)

You're probably right. I should re-examine these prices, but it's a lot of work, and since something like a tritanium sword is science fiction anyway, at least some inconsistencies can be handwaved...

Also, I'm totally hooked on X-Com Files, so pretty much will be running that game now, thinking that these suggestion would apply there also?

Yes, but the XCF is balanced differently and more rigorously. Controversies may still appear, of course, since how much material is neded for a sword (including the neessary waste) is debatable.

After almost one year break I got back into my game I had started already ages ago... After updating to the latest FMP, things have been working smoothly. Only good things to say about the current state of the mod.

Cheers!

But there's something I'd like to know about, what the hell is that super mega nasty terror unit mutons have floating around? :D I just attempted a base raid, I kept pelting the damn thing with rockets and plasma and nothing seemed to take it down, does this thing just require something with a bit more oomph? Like a blaster launcher? Don't spoil too much, I'm yet to even know what the hell that thing is called... But heck, nothing seemed to even scratch it... And of course I had forgotten to bring mind probe to actually see what kind of a beating does that cursed device take. And the damn mutons are already scouting for a retaliation... I'm in serious trouble with those things unless I get something heavy enough to knock them out. I guess its time to change research priorities a bit... (I have been slow on it on purpose to add some challenge.)

Well, glad to have a unit which actually provides danger in a different way than simply by flinging hot plasma at you :D

Be glad that the basic OXC doesn't support energy shields! ;)

This is very interesting, there was a Muton base mission happening on Antarctica, I messed up and sent the squads there too late and missed the battleship and the other supply ship... So I loaded a game prior to not mess it up. I swiftly shot down both excavators and expected the others to show up any moment, but its already the day after and the other UFOs never showed up. Is this a way to postpone a base mission, by shooting down the excavators or just a fluke?

Yes, shooting down UFOs slows their relevant mission.

Also, thanks for all the kind words everyone. I will keep adding bits to this mod!