Author Topic: [ALIEN INVENTORY] [WEAPON] Alien Armoury Expanded  (Read 105503 times)

Offline SiceX

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [ALIEN INVENTORY] [WEAPON] Alien Armoury Expanded
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2014, 11:04:45 pm »
pkrcel is right. So, i'll just wait for the other modders to implement my translations. Unfortunately, for now, this mod is the only one (forgive my grammar in this phrase). Seems that the other ones, especially in the "completed mods" section, aren't  so frequented. :/

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2014, 12:26:31 pm »
All right then, please keep me informed if anyone else has the same problem...

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 29, 2014, 07:44:47 am »
Went on a long overdue update spree today and I overwrote my modified version of the Armoury with your new version. Then I remembered why I modified it! Your handobs are individual, so on Linux they show up all over the place. I have attached the images and here's the code that needs to be changed:

Code: [Select]
  - type: HANDOB.PCK
    width: 256
    height: 40
    subX: 32
    subY: 40
    files:
      210: Resources/AlienArmouryExpanded/handob_Aliensniperrifle.png
      218: Resources/AlienArmouryExpanded/handob_Plasmadestroyer.png
      226: Resources/AlienArmouryExpanded/handob_Plasmacaster.png
      234: Resources/AlienArmouryExpanded/handob_Toxigun.png

Thanks! (That way, I won't have to redo the changes if you update again :D)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2014, 11:55:12 pm »
Have I really neglected to integrate spritesheets until now? Oops, sorry. :)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2014, 11:13:28 am »
Why did I decide to download this only just now when the mod site is down so I can't actually download it?  I'm so stupid :'(

Please tell me there's an alternate download link somewhere...

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2014, 05:01:14 pm »
I don't know of an alternate link, but I still had the zip file in my downloads :) I think that's up to date? It has the Elerium Bomb, which is a pretty recent change either way.

Enjoy!

PS. Shameless plug: I made the XCom Armoury Expanded to work with this, if you're interested. (In Modding/Experiments)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 21, 2014, 05:16:31 pm »
Of course I'm interested; in fact, I was planning on getting both Expanded Armories anyway :P

Anyway, it's dated Sept. 14 so it's definitely the latest version.  Thanks :D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2014, 12:19:00 am »
Thanks for the assistance. I've placed the zip file in the opening post for download.

Offline TaxxiDriver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2014, 06:24:55 am »
Hello~ I have some questions about technical part of this mod.

(1) My first question is about itemSets value in the ruleset. According to UFOpedia ruleset page, the value has three item lists each corresponding to 3 alien technology level. And you seemed to have inserted the 4th technology level, am I right? (I'm a noob so I really don't understand exactly the mechnism of these rulesets yet). So is it possible to add 5th item list as well corresponding to the 5th technology level and so one just adding some strings in the ruleset like you did? Or should I have to handle some inner structure of the game itself before I can keep adding the alien weaponry like this?

(2) AlienArmouryExpanded_UFOs.rul seems to add more UFOs. Can I use your mod with Yet More UFOs mod or any other mods that add more UFOs or alien missions?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 07:06:50 am by TaxxiDriver »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2014, 08:51:47 am »
Hello~ I have some questions about technical part of this mod.

(1) My first question is about itemSets value in the ruleset. According to UFOpedia ruleset page, the value has three item lists each corresponding to 3 alien technology level. And you seemed to have inserted the 4th technology level, am I right? (I'm a noob so I really don't understand exactly the mechnism of these rulesets yet).

Yes, you are absolutely right! Don't be so modest. :) I've added an additional equipment loadout because it was hard to fit the new stuff in the 3-tier model.

So is it possible to add 5th item list as well corresponding to the 5th technology level and so one just adding some strings in the ruleset like you did? Or should I have to handle some inner structure of the game itself before I can keep adding the alien weaponry like this?

Yes, you can increase the further number of loadouts. To add a new one, you need to modify each alien rank deployment in each mission by adding a new entry, and also modify the alienItemLevels table (the original has 3 levels, from 0 to 2; this mod has 4 levels, from 0 to 3). Details here.

(2) AlienArmouryExpanded_UFOs.rul seems to add more UFOs. Can I use your mod with Yet More UFOs mod or any other mods that add more UFOs or alien missions?

I think so, but if a mod adds an alienItemLevels section, then you should check if the number of loadouts matches your current game setup.

Offline TaxxiDriver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2014, 09:40:21 am »
Thank you so much! I was rather surprised that I can add more loadouts continuously without much effort based on your mod. Very flexible  :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2014, 04:37:32 pm »
Adding extra equipment tiers is indeed pretty simple. It is especially good to do to get some endgame stuff in the aliens' hands so they can cope with the heavy armours XCom ends up wearing.

Regarding UFOs, the newest version of YetMoreUFOs already includes the UFOs from the Alien Armoury Expanded, so although you can use both mods, it's not really useful as it probably just defines the same stuff twice (or makes something weird if you don't use the right YetMoreUFOs ruleset).

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #177 on: March 02, 2015, 12:14:32 pm »
Solarius_Scorch would you mind me grabbing some of the weapons you defined here to include them in my Mod? ( i would give credits of course)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 02, 2015, 01:33:08 pm »
Solarius_Scorch would you mind me grabbing some of the weapons you defined here to include them in my Mod? ( i would give credits of course)

Sure, no problem. I've stolen half of it anyway. :P

Offline SDEDEN

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2015, 06:16:51 am »
So, when I use the UFO's rule they show up, but they can't seem to start terror missions. I've seen them land on cities, but no terror mission starts. If I attack the UFO I just go to a normal battlescape map (you know forest or something).

I thought at first it was a conflict with the Terrain Pack or Luke's Extra UFO's, but turning those off doesn't fix it. As soon as I remove the UFO's rule form Alien Armoury Expanded terror missions/Port Attacks happen like normal