Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750003 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
I presume you've succeeded, since we're talking loot? :)

Lets just say I'm a lust after loot abit, so I was looting bodies as soon as they fell. ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Yeah, no spoiling, no spoiling... Whatever the result, it had to be a hell of a battle, and I can hardly wait till it's published :)

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I've been pondering about adding this "butchery module", so, since there is a direct request, I will grant it, but this ain't that easy. In a way, this will be major improvement: every "animal" enemy will have the option to be butchered, granting hides, meat, rocket launchers (Boomosaurus), whatever. On the other hand, their corpses will have to be butchered as well, which will add to micromanaging. As a plus, storing hides will take much less space (and make more sense) than storing full corpses.

Thanks for the request granting! I hope it will end up in less trouble than anticipated. The original idea was just a in-game way to butcher the "animals" for parts. This one would be like another flavor of disassembling guns. The micromanagement in your mod is really a big part of the fun that I particularly enjoy.

I wonder if it is still in your plans to disassemble the "wrecked tank" and any built tank into parts so it can be rebuilt again.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Quite possibly it will be done, but we haven't got enough tank types yet for that option to make sense :) For now you will be able to dissassemble captured drones, at least, my time is all swallowed up by trying to finally sort pedia, item list & manufacturing for good.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Quite possibly it will be done, but we haven't got enough tank types yet for that option to make sense :) For now you will be able to dissassemble captured drones, at least, my time is all swallowed up by trying to finally sort pedia, item list & manufacturing for good.

I think Bootypedia is very good as is actually, only suggestion I had was moving "broken interrogations" unlocks (Church Arcane Secrets, Academy Medical Knowledge etc) next to a Interrogation topic.
And may be move all weapons from Treasure category to Weapons and Equipment category (all alien plasma weapons, elerium grenade, small, blaster and canister launchers, and pipes of doom)?
Is it possible to make multiply popups for researches which open up multiply topics by the way?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
It might seem fine, but I've decided enough of patching up and general refubrishment is in order. Both of those topics you've mentioned will be handled. The entire "shipmaking" category will be emptied and replaced with "world lore" or sth (where countries & missions will end up), and its current contents will be moved to "treasure", hence all weapons will be moved to "weapons & equipment".

I'm not sure if I understand your question, though. There is a minor problem with researches: if a research unlocks something else, and that thing is immediately researched (due to cost = 0) not all new available topics will be displayed in a popup - you have to check manually.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I meant, like, in latest IvanDogovich LP episode, for example, when he researched G.O., he got The Traders topic and General Operative topic, but only a single popup (The Traders one) got displayed.

I do remember that in FMP (or was it XenoOps? sadly I`m not even sure about that) I got multiply popups after completing research on several occasions and thought that it could be replicated, but wasnt sure about details. So thanks for information abot how it works.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Ah yeah, no, this one can't be fixed in any way.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
Hey Captn' fine mod ya build over yonder. Its so blasted hard too, I sometimes wanna chew my old 14 inch monitor (fer us older fellers). Props boss you desrve it. First time I play an X-com run and I have cash problems outside Apocalypse.

Now a question: Can I has a tutorial on how the heck slavery works and what I am supposed to do with the maidens I got (asside from selling them)?Do I get anything else except slaves to sale?

Sorry if this has been answered but I might have missed it.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Check yer Logs>Vaults mate, gander at the slaves, behold the 'minus' signs next to them and everything shall become clear :) Is it worth it? Your call!

If you want cash, slavery is a poor option, ransoming gets more indeed. But if you enslave them, you can keep their stuff (like armor). More stuff than you get from killing them. Plus, you get a slave.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
 Dioxine, I've just updated to V0.9c and its impressive - but I dislike the some of the armours, not the idea or the sprites but the Inventory images.

I would prefer to have the paper-doll images to be holding/carrying the hemet/mask rather than wearing it.

I've made some versions of the smokey inventory image for my own use.  I've attached the images as a zip file if any one else would like to use them.

To install them, just unzip them into data\Resources\Piratez\Body_33

Hope someone else enjoys these - I'll post the other as I make them, but I'm only a novice at graphics.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Not bad, not bad at all :) I will add these to the next package as an alternative. Truth is, I'm not entirelly happy with how their faces turned out, but I simply can't do better.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
A weapons balance thought.

Right now, I'm avoiding the fistycuffs completely, as I feel like their damage is insignificant.  For damage type 3, the pipe basically just does it better.
As an alternative, make it damage type 6, power 0, but include strength?  This would give a scalable stunner, that would just get more effective as the wielder gets stronger.  Maybe nerf the accuracy a little more to still keep the handle viable.

Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Mhm, yeah, might be a good idea. I though the fact the knuckles only take 1 slot would give enough reason to maybe use them, but then again I'm not using them myself - better to get a knife which actually can do something. And the enemies do not have fistycuffs, so they do need to have some use.

I'm not sure though if I can strike a fair balance - as the strength cap is at 80, and you can get even more through wearing some armors, this could become an ultimate stunning weapon :) Maybe not with flat 50, or even 45 accuracy... Right now you really need a stun rod, or at least a harpoon to get an armored guy - I don't want to make stunrods superfluous :) I'll definitely think about it anyway.

(and even if I overdo, this can be nerfed once we move to OXCom Extended where I can make them use, for example, 0.5 Strength as damage bonus).

Thanks for the feedback!

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
I will add these to the next package as an alternative.

Thanks - I'll put others up as I do them, but at the moment my internet is restricted to my laptop due to hardware/line problems, so it might be a while before i post some.