aliens

Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 749926 times)

niculinux

No...game crashes on the second assault to shot down ship, ok over and out!  :'(

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
@Niculinux:
Piratez_Planet cannot and will not load without a fairly recent nightly, sorry... But updating was really needed because these nightlies add tons of functionality.

@Ivan Dogovich:
I've managed to include your spelling corrections in the language file. I often say, a translator/writer is only as good as his editor; and you're a good one :) If you ever wanted to do a Russian translation, it'd be great too - all the more fun since I know the language a bit, and there's nothing like a Slavic flavour to any work of science fiction - English simply can't convey some thoughts adequately :)
Since I just happen to be russian I could try to do RU translation. I prefer my games in English though, so I may lack enthusiasm to support it for future versions (or even finish work on this one  :D ).
And since direct translation is sometimes impossible, and I do not know Polish, I will have to inject some artistic liberties to not cringe too much at stuff like direct translations of Wraithbane or Battleblast Strait or Ever-Changing. I will try my best to adapt stuff as faithfully as I can of course.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
I happen to be a translator by trade, and there is an absolute truth in saying that translations are like maidens - either faithful or beautiful :) As for the translation itself, I do not actively seek translators, but if someone feels like doing that sort of stuff, in no way it could be bad :)
I can say for myself that parts of Polish translation I've made (the mod itself was thought in English) are only very, very loosely resembling the original (especially the city names - direct translation into any Slavic language makes them sound downright stupid, almost to the point of being better left untranslated), and bear much heavier marks of archaic, regional and marinistic wording.

niculinux

Here we go! Please, fot those interested, grab the 0.89.3 version compatible with linux! I renamed the folders/files discussed some posts ago, and the game does not crash anymore, reistalled the mod on a clean xcom installation without the universal patch and everything is fine, seems that i turend lowercase the ruleset files, while actually are supposed to be with the first letter uppercased, as Dioxine provides them in the mod.

It does not ave the emendments pointed out previously in my post regarding that version, but if people wants to ry, grab it at once!

Steal piratez 0.89.3 openxcom mod from my google drive archive, now!

BUt sill bugs are presente and..no, the game persists on crashing, i really don't know waht may be, i'll wait 0.9 verison.At least it starts  :-[
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 09:19:12 am by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
..no, the game persists on crashing, i really don't know waht may be, i'll wait 0.9 verison.At least it starts  :-[

It won't help you since I can't repair crashes that I'm not experiencing or have no idea what causes them. You can always send me a pre-crash save.

niculinux

latest log:

Code: [Select]
[25-03-2015 18:50:58] [INFO] Data folder is:
[25-03-2015 18:50:58] [INFO] Data search is:
[25-03-2015 18:50:58] [INFO] - /home/nicola/.local/share/openxcom/data/
[25-03-2015 18:50:58] [INFO] - /usr/share/ubuntu/openxcom/data/
[25-03-2015 18:50:58] [INFO] - /usr/share/gnome/openxcom/data/
[25-03-2015 18:50:58] [INFO] - /usr/local/sharehttps://openxcom/data/
[25-03-2015 18:50:58] [INFO] - /usr/sharehttps://openxcom/data/
[25-03-2015 18:50:58] [INFO] - /usr/local/share/openxcom/data/
[25-03-2015 18:50:58] [INFO] - /usr/share/openxcom/data/
[25-03-2015 18:50:58] [INFO] - ./data/
[25-03-2015 18:50:58] [INFO] User folder is: /home/nicola/.local/share/openxcom/
[25-03-2015 18:50:58] [INFO] Config folder is: /home/nicola/.config/openxcom/
[25-03-2015 18:50:58] [INFO] Options loaded successfully.
[25-03-2015 18:50:58] [INFO] SDL initialized successfully.
[25-03-2015 18:50:58] [INFO] SDL_mixer initialized successfully.
[25-03-2015 18:50:58] [INFO] Attempting to set display to 872x715x8...
[25-03-2015 18:50:59] [INFO] Display set to 872x715x8.
[25-03-2015 18:50:59] [INFO] Loading ruleset...
[25-03-2015 18:51:02] [INFO] Ruleset loaded successfully.
[25-03-2015 18:51:02] [INFO] Loading resources...
[25-03-2015 18:51:02] [INFO] Loading extra resources from ruleset...
[25-03-2015 18:51:04] [INFO] Resources loaded successfully.
[25-03-2015 18:51:04] [INFO] Loading language...
[25-03-2015 18:51:04] [INFO] Language loaded successfully.
[25-03-2015 18:51:04] [INFO] OpenXcom started successfully!
[25-03-2015 18:51:04] [INFO] Playing flx, 320x200, 890 frames
[25-03-2015 18:51:04] [INFO] Using software scaling routine. For best results, try an OpenGL filter.
[25-03-2015 18:51:16] [INFO] Attempting to set display to 872x715x8...
[25-03-2015 18:51:16] [INFO] Display set to 872x715x8.
[25-03-2015 18:52:07] [WARN] STR_pir_CANNON not found in en-US
[25-03-2015 18:52:07] [WARN] STR_pir_CANNONBALL not found in en-US

Savefile attached to post, i was about to delete it, overwhelmed by desperation!!!  :'( as for rest..i deleted all once again  :-[

EDIT: I wonder if  there's possibility to download older versionof the mod, maybe anyone has mirrored them in the past?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:08:54 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Loaded your save, made an interception, then a mission, everything's a-OK. From checking your savefile, you've simply not enabled "Piratez_planet.rul", the mod won't go without that ruleset, I'm afraid.... Please alwyas read instructions first.

Otoh enabling "aliens pick up weapons" ruleset is pointless, it won't do anything since all relevant weapon names are changed. However, 0.9 will have an equivalent built in (the enemies SHOULD be picking up misplaced guns from now on).

As for older versions, it's easy to notice that I'm keeping an archive 10 or so versions backwards on the Modsite.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I'm still experiencing crashes (yaml error) when the Academ do a terror site. :(
I'm forced to skip the missions. Terror missions from others, say the Traders, appear fine.

"git 2015-03-24 04:14" over OpenXcom 1.0 without the universal patch, and Piratez 0.893 on top.

I'm attaching the save game prior to the terror mission. Just launch the ship, land and reload. Let see if the results are replicated.

Edit: The yaml error happened with the same configuration but with the universal patch. I tried then a fresh copy without it to see if the game does crashes when re-loading. This is what was reported. Also the re-load crashed with the CoS terror mission.
I'll try later with the 2015-03-17 build, as it is the one Dioxine mentions as compatible with the mod.

Edit2: I tried both of the 2015-03-17 builds, and each with and without the universal patch. Neither ran the terror from the Acad or CoS re-loaded. However this becames moot point as it appears the latest nightly 2015_03_26_1845 fixed the problem! :-)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:23:04 am by Alex_D »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Played for 16 turns, killed most enemies, experienced a TPK, no crash of any kind.

niculinux

Loaded your save, made an interception, then a mission, everything's a-OK. From checking your savefile, you've simply not enabled "Piratez_planet.rul", the mod won't go without that ruleset, I'm afraid.... Please alwyas read instructions first.

Ah..so a linux users who wants to play latest mod, and do not want to compile latest nightly cannot play the mod? Or has to wait the next official version? In the mentime, play with version prior to 0.88 i guess, since it introduced the new piratez_planet.rul :( right?

Otoh enabling "aliens pick up weapons" ruleset is pointless, it won't do anything since all relevant weapon names are changed. However, 0.9 will have an equivalent built in (the enemies SHOULD be picking up misplaced guns from now on).

Good to know, thanks!

As for older versions, it's easy to notice that I'm keeping an archive 10 or so versions backwards on the Modsite.

Ah, sorry, i'm shotsightened! > : = (
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 09:30:38 am by niculinux »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I'm still experiencing crashes (yaml error) when the Academ do a terror site. :(
I'm forced to skip the missions. Terror missions from others, say the Traders, appear fine.

"git 2015-03-24 04:14" over OpenXcom 1.0 without the universal patch, and Piratez 0.893 on top.

I'm attaching the save game prior to the terror mission. Just launch the ship, land and reload. Let see if the results are replicated.

I did not get a crash after landing nor after loading battlescape autosave, nor after loading battlescape autosave 5 turns into mission. Tried twice.
Why no universal patch? Problem most probably occurs because of that.

edit: after updating to the latest nightly (2015_03_26_0220) I have the same problem. I dont remember which nightly I had before, but I think it one from 24th March. Will try a solution from Yankes.

I also think there is a bug with melee attacks performed from diagonal tile, but not really sure. Nazi mook survives 7 hits from Blood Ax if setup is right.

edit2: yup, after reverting to 24th March nightly save file loads just fine.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:11:55 pm by Ridаn »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
I also think there is a bug with melee attacks performed from diagonal tile, but not really sure. Nazi mook survives 7 hits from Blood Ax if setup is right.

Quite probably so. Notice how 'ranged' weapons with Range = 1 cannot anymore strike enemies diagonally. It's possible that melee weapons neither, or at least struggle to do so.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I can`t research Data disks.
I looked up dependencies and all I need seems to be Spring Cleaning unlock, and I`m 100% sure I do have it. After editing save, removing a STR_SCHOOLING_1 unlock, and researching Spring Cleaning again I still cannot research Data disks: option just does not come up.

niculinux

Playing the 0.87 with universal patch on linux, after some usula renaming, the game works but crashes every now and then :( MOreover, i cannot play with the piratez terrain compatible pack.rul file enabled, because in battle mode my men fly instead of walking (!!!) and some point of the map are totally black  :o

Also, crashed when browsin the bootypedia. And please, what is the purpose of the outpost? It have benne removed in the more newer versions? oh..suppose i'll wait the next milestone to give another shot to the more recent version of the mod, cross our finger if it will be at 1.0 by next openxcom mileston relase! cheers  ;D

EDIT: it is very very prone to crash also if i enable save scumming option
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 10:07:52 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Playing the 0.87 with universal patch on linux, after some usula renaming, the game works but crashes every now and then :( MOreover, i cannot play with the piratez terrain compatible pack.rul file enabled, because in battle mode my men fly instead of walking (!!!) and some point of the map are totally black  :o

Also, crashed when browsin the bootypedia. And please, what is the purpose of the outpost? It have benne removed in the more newer versions? oh..suppose i'll wait the next milestone to give another shot to the more recent version of the mod, cross our finger if it will be at 1.0 by next openxcom mileston relase! cheers  ;D

EDIT: it is very very prone to crash also if i enable save scumming option

I cannot be held responsible on how your jury-rigged version is unstable, most of the crashes are likely caused by your file renaming, using terrain which is incompatible to the .rul files you're using etc.
No, the outpost hasn't been removed, and if you think it's useless, don't use it. I agree that the life for linux users will be better once and official OXCom Linux build comes out.

I can`t research Data disks.
I looked up dependencies and all I need seems to be Spring Cleaning unlock, and I`m 100% sure I do have it. After editing save, removing a STR_SCHOOLING_1 unlock, and researching Spring Cleaning again I still cannot research Data disks: option just does not come up.

Just spotted this error myself. The STR_DATA_DISK should have STR_SCHOOLING_1 under "dependencies:" instead of "requires:". Fixed for 0.9.