Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750192 times)

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile

But OMG, what can I do with this? I guess I need to get to know with some merging software to check all the differences before adding corrections - not that I don't trust you, but one has to trust AND check, as Uncle Joe once said :)

If you're talking comparing and merging regular txt, then check out Beyond Compare by ScooterSoftware https://www.scootersoftware.com/.  I can't imagine working with any else.  It's not free, but I believe it's worth price. Of course, I develop in software all the time, so I'm always comparing and merging text :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:21:13 pm by jgatkinsn »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Success! It ain't perfect yet, but damn...

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Success! It ain't perfect yet, but damn...

Awww, nice nice!

How about some trophies hanging from the walls?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 06:06:35 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Minor thingie I found, not sure if bug or is it required in order to have separate crews or something like that.
I also remember that in 0.86 smuggling mission with public enemy on board was displayed as "SMuggling mission", not sure if it was fixed, still didnt encounter one.

edit: got another one

edit2: nobody spawns at Factory anymore, but those two weird catwalks appeared on second level.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 08:39:49 pm by Ridаn »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Whoops, forgot to strike these letters (they're there for testing purposes, like, I have at least 4 factions named "TRADERS", how I am supposed to test that crap :)

As for the factory, these catwalks were there all the time, neither did I change spawning in any way (other than adding hell of a lot spawning points in all kinds of Living Quarters, and, to a lesser degree, Vaults). There were supposed to be crane rails where the catwalks are, but Mapview said "no", maybe there will be yet, once I'm redesigning base tilesets anyway...

Looks like changing MCD was an easy part... trophies and all that crap, I have some free space in the MCDs, but this will take MUCH more work... minor fixing of all maps is needed, also, redesigning of all these cabinets and closets would be in order... ugh... making new terrain ain't easy :) The thing I DON'T want to do is setting up all these numbers in the MCD, too many of them and all have to be set just right.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:20:19 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
It took much more work that I've anticipated, but the new base is more or less ready... except for Prison, VooDoo school and perhaps some defensive buildings and Radars, which might need some additional (better) tiles.
Or I might try adding 3rd level, either above or below (dungeons) :)

EDIT: Ivan - are you sure you've sent me the right file? WinMerge failed to find any differences between your file and mine (except for a few lines I've added after the release).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 06:03:23 pm by Dioxine »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube

EDIT: Ivan - are you sure you've sent me the right file? WinMerge failed to find any differences between your file and mine (except for a few lines I've added after the release).

Dang it!  I must have sent you the wrong one.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Dang it!  I must have sent you the wrong one.

So it was just a mistake, I was afraid you're trying to destabilize NATO or something :)

Meanwhile: works on Radars and Prison finished, now it's just VooDoo School what's left, and I'm not sure how to even start :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
So it was just a mistake, I was afraid you're trying to destabilize NATO or something :)

Meanwhile: works on Radars and Prison finished, now it's just VooDoo School what's left, and I'm not sure how to even start :)

I like the recoloring of those examination tables and microscopes, I need to do something similar for my Mercenary Base.

A tip for map design that I've recently learned: don't overuse the objects. It's better to have 1 examination table in a room than 3 or 4. Or endless repetitions of the same object, like rows of cabinets. Visually it looks better to have a few objects that stand out against the walls/ground than a ton of cloned objects with the same look.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 03:26:05 pm by Hobbes »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Ok, trying again here.  Spell checked language file.

niculinux

Hello again guy, another great update!

Anyway some err. here  :'(

Don't remember how to fix it. Someone may want to provide/link a reminder? Thanks!

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Hello again guy, another great update!

Anyway some err. here  :'(

Don't remember how to fix it. Someone may want to provide/link a reminder? Thanks!

Looks like you arent using nightly, direct link:
https://openxcom.org/git_builds/openxcom_git_master_2015_03_17_2139.zip

niculinux

Looks like you arent using nightly, direct link:
https://openxcom.org/git_builds/openxcom_git_master_2015_03_17_2139.zip

Thanks Ridan! NO I added the ppa in the downlaod page (usin ubuntu 14.04) it's the 1.0 verison but there we go eith the usual case sesitive linux "issue"!

Moreover, loads of entries in the ruleset are uppercased! See shot attached.

Now how the hell i move these to loercase, inside the ruleset text file? After some tampering i renamed the actula files in the suddirectories, but the problem seems lying in the ruleset aaaggrrrrhh!!

xD

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Linux be case senstive. These (body 28, 29, 30, 31 folders - file names should be lowercased) will be fixed by the next release. Found anything beside Body_xxx folders?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 07:47:18 pm by Dioxine »

niculinux

Linux be case senstive. These (body 28, 29, 30, 31 folders - file names should be lowercased) will be fixed by the next release. Found anything beside Body_xxx folders?

Non, at the moment, plase, Dioxine I very beg you, how about to make these mod files written in lowercase letters permanently? That stops me from playing and would save huge headached to other linux users   ;) :)