Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750069 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.86 - 3 Oct - DEEP ONES
« Reply #600 on: October 16, 2014, 03:31:14 pm »
Capturing a live Deep One apparently crashes the game. I have no idea what's wrong, I've entered a dozen new races and I still have no idea what (lack of) logic governs this issue. I don't feel like dealing with this shit again.

HELP.

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 17, 2014, 05:32:02 pm »
If the modsite ever returns, I will try to download the latest version and take a look. Maybe a second pair of eyes can find the problem.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #602 on: October 17, 2014, 06:48:48 pm »
Current backup download link: https://www.mediafire.com/download/7fg5zaxddfbag72/Dioxine_Piratez_Mod_0_86_1.rar

This version has a handful of fixes too:

- Fix: Devastator rockets no longer buyable
- Fix: Gauss weapons cannot be disassembled before being researched
- Fix: Some research and texts
- Rebalance: minor armor tweaks. Leather, Metal & Revenant increase Melee now, Basic armor adds +10 HP
- More pirate names
- More countries' descriptions

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 17, 2014, 09:05:37 pm »
Capturing a live Deep One apparently crashes the game.

Not a 100% sure, but I didn't find any STR_DEEP_ONE_SOLDIER in the items for any of the rules files. There doesn't appear to be one for Lobsterman either. Their corpses are defined, but there are no item entries for the live versions. At least so far as I can tell though I may have missed them. If that doesn't fix it, then I will try to dig a little deeper this weekend.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #604 on: October 17, 2014, 09:58:49 pm »
Yup, that fixed it. Thanks a lot! I was too preoccupied with damned research to notice something as obvious was missing...

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Autoshot weapons with arcing
« Reply #605 on: October 18, 2014, 02:31:07 pm »
I encountered one problem with an arcing autoshot weapon (Toxigun from Piratez mod).

1. Activated the autoshot on a flying unit.
2. After the first hit the unit died and fell behind some crates.
3. The autoshot stopped with the red blinking error message: Can't see unit
4. The shooting unit did not loose any TU for the autoshot.

I think the autoshot should be fired in any case its full amount of shots, regardless of what happening to the target. 

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Autoshot weapons with arcing
« Reply #606 on: October 18, 2014, 08:55:14 pm »
Yeah I confirm the existence of this bug, Toxigun or otherwise. But shhh, we don't want the AutoShot on the arcing weapons permanently disabled, do we? :)

Oh yeah and there is another bug with Arcing weapons, Incendiary munitions does squat to airborne targets.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 08:59:06 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 19, 2014, 09:30:50 pm »
Awesome mod! Thank you for your work, Dioxine, I am really enjoying Piratez. Sheer amount of content and consistency is just beyond praise (well, may be except Dark ones. I dont like those. I like Blood Axes though.)

It`s april 2604 and I`m out of research topics, but a Star Gods base just appeared, so I guess I have to capture Coordinator and go Cydonia.
Sadly, I havent met any Deep Ones yet, all the probes (there were only 2) were detected after landing and flew away to much of my frustation.

Some questions and misc thoughts:

- are there manufacturable Gauss weapons? I`m stuck with Assault Railguns and Craft Railguns and cannot advance further through neither interrogations (cleared all of them really, and no more topics appear from engineers, leaders and commanders) nor data discs. I can diassemble Gauss weapons just fine though. Are they meant to be unique in a way you have to salvege them, or may be tied to deep ones (underwater weapons?). I have a suspicion I locked myself out of that research tree branch.

- are there "bulky" power armours better than Harbringer? Same suspicion as before (lobsterman research required?).

- why is Fusion explosives tied to Boomgun and why are those so rare? I got one by a chance from Academy Provost during base assault, but most Merc captains (who, I assume, should be armed with those) are running around with plasma/laser pistols.

- got this annoying armor bug just like Geneoce. Gals in Revenant, Brute and Annihilator suits can be stuck as unassignable to any transport AND do not participate in base defence.
Way to fix it ingame is to remove armor (or assign some other armor without STR bonus (Synthmuscle suit is fine though. It`s weird like that.) and run some mission. Even if you do a mission with another crew they get unstuck and ready for action again. I think you can even just make battlescape appearance and abort mission.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #608 on: October 20, 2014, 05:35:29 pm »
- Enemy Gauss Weapons won't be manufactureable, although I'm not sure yet about how highest-tier weapon research should look like. Perhaps there will be custom Gauss weaponry, if so, also with the possibility to manufacture ammo for all Gauss weapon types. However, these weapons are very powerful so expect the ammo to be extra expensive (probably around 5 Plastasteel + 5 Elerium per 5 rifle clips). There are also Ion weapons planned (unlimited ammo, weaker, but more diverse Plasma weapons). Can't say when this all will appear.

- There will be super-extra-bulky power armor with pink cheries on top, tougher than Annihilator but very cumbersome... drawing takes time though :)

- Not sure why they're tied to Boomgun, probably to make them harder to obtain since the weapon is so rare :)

- Thanks for the info about how to get rid of that bug; appears it's not tied to Stregth bonus at any rate. Maybe it's just that Brute, Revenant and Annihilator modify so many stats. Maybe I'll add this info to the Pedia somehow since it is very unlikely this bug will be fixed (the devs have more important work on their hands than to cater for crazy modders, no irony here).

Offline VSx86

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 20, 2014, 08:39:37 pm »
Error: file not found

After updating to 0.86.1 and playing while Piratez_Compatible_Terrain_Pack is enabled,
the following error happened (see screenshot).
I checked both versions of the Terrain/Missions Pack mod - v1.9.8 and latest v2.4,
and also previous PirateZ! v0.86 archive, but ROUTES/CULT_NEW10.RMP is absent in any of these locations.

P.S.: before releasing any new updates of your mods, please check
that your mod data and ruleset files are correct and using correct paths.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #610 on: October 20, 2014, 10:35:46 pm »
Temporarily disable terrain_pack.rul or download map pack I've posted some posts ago here. 0.86 was supposed to have these terrains built-in but I've copied .map files twice, instead of .map and .rmp.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #611 on: November 18, 2014, 03:32:25 pm »
How's progress? Wanna see what's coming in the next update :)

Offline xaphias

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 29, 2014, 11:44:42 pm »
openxcom complains about the height of the tamed_boomsaurus cant exceed 25, then shuts down, incompatable with newer nightly openxcom builds? just upgraded to latest nightly (openxcom_git_master_2014_11_29_0439.zip) and piratez 0.86 (also tried the 0.86.1, but same thing.

[img=https://s18.postimg.org/rqsmevfj9/error111.jpg]

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #613 on: November 30, 2014, 12:18:16 am »
openxcom complains about the height of the tamed_boomsaurus cant exceed 25, then shuts down, incompatable with newer nightly openxcom builds? just upgraded to latest nightly (openxcom_git_master_2014_11_29_0439.zip) and piratez 0.86 (also tried the 0.86.1, but same thing.

[img=https://s18.postimg.org/rqsmevfj9/error111.jpg]

Yep, the recent nightlies affect some units like this. Their height must be decreased to 25 or less, including floating height (if applicable).

Offline xaphias

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 30, 2014, 12:16:45 pm »
hmm, tried to edit the piratez.rul to change the height, found it on the tamed_boomsaurus, but then it fails on a doom_hell_baron and can't find height on that one.
tried openxcom 1.0, starts, but crashes when clicking the new buildings in the piratez mod, the vault.
tried the oldest nightly I can find, 2014-11-16, fails with size too.
guess I'm stuck then :/