Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750428 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.85 - 24 Sep - NEW COUNTRIES
« Reply #525 on: September 27, 2014, 12:58:18 am »
Works on the Deep Ones are progressing. I've made a short photostory out of the first test mission against them... :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #526 on: September 27, 2014, 01:37:57 am »
 :o Zerg Rush

Offline Imeryak

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 27, 2014, 08:35:19 am »
Works on the Deep Ones are progressing. I've made a short photostory out of the first test mission against them... :)
Flying armor is my answer.  Flying armor and high explosive.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #528 on: September 27, 2014, 11:52:08 am »
Flying armor is my answer.  Flying armor and high explosive.

Do you REALLY think no measures were taken make this most obvious approach painful? It's not only axes they'll be wielding when this gets released... Mwahahaha :D

Offline Imeryak

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 27, 2014, 06:20:36 pm »
Do you REALLY think no measures were taken make this most obvious approach painful? It's not only axes they'll be wielding when this gets released... Mwahahaha :D
Then mortars.  If deep ones map has no hard-to-destroy blocks (such as UFO hull), few mortars made it perfectly flat.

Offline shadychrctr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 28, 2014, 01:49:06 am »
Are those sexy rifles included in this mod?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #531 on: September 28, 2014, 04:04:26 am »
Naturally.

(sprite created by RSSWizard, then sexied-up by myself)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 09:41:57 am by Dioxine »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #532 on: September 29, 2014, 01:46:21 am »
Deep One armory is being built up, here's some samples of what I'm working on now (my favorite are the Bagpipes of Doom :) )

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 29, 2014, 02:49:18 am »
A celatid bagpipe?! :o Destroy the ears of everyone around you and melt away your target?

That's just evil! Innovation at its best. The stuff you come up with..! Impressive!

Offline Edrick

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 29, 2014, 08:13:06 pm »
Dat Celatid Bagpipe is pure gold. Keep up the awesome work. And, would slings be implementable for Deep Ones?

Offline Diagoras90

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 29, 2014, 09:57:12 pm »
Bug report v.085 :

- game crashes when my units get MC`ed in combat
- captured live Star Gods listed as "hostages"  in victory screen, but are shown as dead when in Geoscape?
- crash when attempting to assault a downed small UFO (screenshot attached)

Clean mod install used.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #536 on: September 29, 2014, 10:28:03 pm »
Bug solutions:

- MC Crash: This is a bug associated with some early Sept. Nightlies. Update to a newer version.
- One does not simply interrogate a Star God. You need VooDoo first, and you have to start with the lowest rank.
- Lacking some map resources. Temporarily disable Piratez_Compatible_Terrain_Pack.rul or find & install map pack (provided a dozen or two posts earlier); it will be supplied with 0.86 package as standard as I shouldn't burden the users with searching for all these other people's mods with maps...

About the weapons... well, I'm not sure. This might sound funny considering this mod has perhaps a 100 or so new weapons, but I'm reluctant to include weapons that add little to the game... Sling & bone club were not planned since I can't figure out how to make them unique, and/or how to fit them with enemy profile. Deep Ones are generally supposed to be melee cutting/ranged acid combo; plus there are time constraints. I might thing about adding the sling if there is more popular demand for it :)

Offline VodkaBear

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 30, 2014, 01:32:06 pm »
Well, hello. First I want to say thanks for all work you done, I'm really enjoyed playing your mode since first versions. Its obviously best x-com mod, and one of the best mods at all I've ever played for any game. But now I have problem with it. After correct installation(tried few times) and adding only LUK UFO's(no any others map mods), I've got a crash after sucessfully defeating crashed small ufo with that black guys(not mercenaries, forgot their naming) with small floating drones. Actually I got crash after UFO returned to base when I'm pressing "market" button. First time it crashed immediatly after battle finish, then I set storage limitations off, game go further without crash, but as I said it crash on market. What have I done wrong? And few concept notes:
1. Weak weapons like smg, early pistols, etc. They are useless for me, from the start we have access to much better weaponary, and it make me sick, while on later stages I have to sell all that garbage manually. Isnt it possible to somehow set to collect one Item(garbage weapon details?) for quicksale?
2. I love idea of special ammo types for few weapons(like acid and stun shells) and I'm think that better way to make different purposes weapons instead of adding more and more weapons which differ with few ap or dmg parameters.
3. Crazy idea, but isnt it possible somehow make ufo battles on battlescape? You can draw map UFO structure as usual, but instead of humans/enemies PC/NPC will be gunning\controling systems, always wanted UFO battles being more detailed.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #538 on: September 30, 2014, 11:30:34 pm »
Thanks!

- As for the crash, send a savegame. Maybe there's some non-existing item or sth.

- Weak weapons. Not everyone will use every weapon, I know that and I'm fine with that. Also starting weapons loadout will be redesigned in 0.86+. Besides - *you* might not be using these weapons, but the enemies do, and more variety with enemies is never bad.

- Auto-sell of certain items. Beyond my power, I'm just a modder and not a coder (and I doubt such code changes would be accepted). I can only advise you to do as I do - sell stuff only when short on money or storage space, instead after every mission.

- Interesting idea with making UFO battles a battlescape thing, but I don't think it won't happen. Certainly this is far beyond the scope of what I can do.

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 01, 2014, 03:34:49 am »
Hello Dioxine!

First of all, thanks for sharing with all us here your wonderful work! This mod, besides being a masterpiece, is full of marvelous artwork!

If you dont mind, I would like to "borrow" one ship from this mod... I am looking for a powerful assault transport, with big troop carrying capacity (my goal is to transport three HWPs and 16 troops) but no so good performance as the Avenger, so this would fill the role of a very capable assault transport, but not an interceptor... I think your Brig craft is the answer...
I was looking at what would be the necessary files to import and saw that at least I would need:

The map file: Brig.map
The resources graphics: basebits, dogfight_init and Minimized_init icon files
The Routes file: Brig.rmp
Terrain files: It seems that there are no *.mcd and *.pck files for this craft (?)

Of course, I will also add the ruleset information for it...

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!