Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750416 times)

Offline Avalanche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.82 - 25 Aug
« Reply #435 on: August 29, 2014, 04:37:00 am »
Congratulations! This is the first time afaik someone came close to completing the game. The outro isn't a placeholder... however I had no opportunity to test it yet :)

Well, I finally got a freaking Avenger built, and I'm ready to head to Cydonia. I'll hopefully find out if the outro works tomorrow.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 29, 2014, 08:40:06 am »
Well, I finally got a freaking Avenger built, and I'm ready to head to Cydonia. I'll hopefully find out if the outro works tomorrow.

I got to blast up the Solar Governor.
Interesting ending text. Unfortunately it seems some clipping prevented the text to fully display on each screen, so some paragraphs became unreadable. See attached.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 29, 2014, 10:06:25 am »
Dioxine

This might sound like an odd request, but are there NON-monocrome version's of the background graphics avalible as an optional patch.

the monocrome ones you use, just seem wrong to me.

If there are - could you possably email or P.M. the to me?

While I have no problems with the game, it just seems off to use the monocrome versions.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #438 on: August 29, 2014, 10:12:00 am »
I don't think it's possible. The game wants 16-color (actually 15) background pictures so it can re-color them (like the Memorial screen is recolored Soldiers screen & so on). However, I've tried to introduce as many of those background pics as feasible into the Pedia, in colored versions. I could even cram the rest in if I went with the "pinup" idea (collectible Pedia entries, not neccesarily girls, randomly found on the Data Disk in addition to current contents, with no technological value).

@Alex_D: Thanks for the screenshots! I'll fix the text to fit (although no important parts seems to be missing, thankfully).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 10:17:02 am by Dioxine »

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 29, 2014, 10:20:15 am »
Would it be possable to get them any way so I can do some personal experimenting with them?

If I can get it to work - I'll post them here.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #440 on: August 29, 2014, 10:32:07 am »
Whoops, naturally, I had no color versions at all. I have to make them from the original artworks from scratch... I'll do that, but only because there is a slight cance I might need them.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 29, 2014, 10:46:34 am »
Thanks - looking forward to it

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #442 on: August 31, 2014, 01:31:16 am »
The updates are slowly coming together. No more trader GO's and Engineers in Pogrom missions - they seemed too reasonable people to be found there... They've been replaced with the Pest Control Managers (see below). Similar changes are going to happen to the Academy, and the Pogrom loadouts will be streamlined to have a dedicated "scout", "soldier",  "combat medic" and "heavy trooper" classes, no more non-combat personnel on site... Yes that means the Pogroms won't have almost any soft targets anymore. But the old faction setups will be still found on more peaceful missions.

Offline Imeryak

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 31, 2014, 09:37:59 am »
Is it a gunblade on a screenshot?

Another glithc with a large living quarters.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #444 on: August 31, 2014, 10:57:23 am »
Nevah. It's a toxigun.

Large LQ: leftovers from trying to fix 'em.

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_LIVING_QUARTERS_LARGE
    spriteShape: 301
    spriteFacility: 301
    spriteShape: 9
    spriteFacility: 9

Remove redundant lines with the number 9.

Offline Imeryak

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 31, 2014, 06:29:54 pm »
Fix it. How about a large vaults? I always need more space for items, and slaves is not enough for my needs.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #446 on: August 31, 2014, 07:16:32 pm »
All in due time. They're WIP already.

Offline Edrick

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 01, 2014, 02:29:06 pm »
What is the progress on the next faction for Piratez? And, it's going to be the Tribal Deep Ones like you said? :D
Also, no non-combat personnel on Pogroms? What are you trying to do, slaughter my whole squad or making them abandon Muties to their luck? Rambling aside, it seems very logical, and adds more variety (when all factions are finished I swear this mod is going to burst out of sheer content).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:35:36 pm by Edrick »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #448 on: September 01, 2014, 07:34:07 pm »
Yeah, it'll be the deep ones, but first a lot of things needs ironing out. I will try to cram prizes for Doom creatures live capture into 0.83, but that's not guaranteed. Deep ones should appear around 0.84-0.85 and they're indeed first on the list of the new factions to implement.

This mod was never meant to be easy, although the non-combatants have been replaced with pretty shitty combat personnel, so no sweat - they're nowhere near Security guys, and killable with AK-47s... eventually :)

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 03, 2014, 06:47:50 am »
My tactic for an early Piratez game is to melee-rush the enemy. Favorite weapons: Hammer for the strong ladies and rapier for the weak ones. Needlessly to say the casualties are high. As a bonus the hammer can make holes through walls rather easy. This was a nice feature I wish it was in the vanilla version. Earlier the hammer is maybe the only thing that can reliable take a powered-armor guy early on.
Spoiler:
Don't sell the dead bodies. You got to love the electro-whip + light-saber + Blitz armor combo, later in the game.