Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750455 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.82 - 25 Aug
« Reply #420 on: August 26, 2014, 11:48:44 pm »
I'm also very sad that after all the work I went through to capture the demons, I couldn't do anything cool with them.

Man, I know your pain.

I think if we come up with something cool and feasible, Dioxine is likely to implement it. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #421 on: August 27, 2014, 12:26:40 am »
It was supposed to be an Easter Egg... what else would you want, having these demons fight for you? Changing demons into demonic weapons? Summoning the Goddess of Death with living demon sacrifices? Just shoot your ideas and keep these suckers locked up :)

btw. yes, the demon places are like MiB bases, except they don't stay forever just a couple of months. I might change that method of spawning though.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:30:10 am by Dioxine »

Offline Avalanche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 27, 2014, 01:32:07 am »
Yes, I now want all of those things! Oh, and a special mission where you attack hell!

I dunno. Maybe we could make weapons out of the imp's fireball attack, or maybe turn the pinkys into tanks like the Reapers.  Or maybe use them to create improved slaves?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #423 on: August 27, 2014, 06:14:32 am »
The question remains open; meanwhile the Freighters are being given an overhaul; now they'll be ferrying actual cargo, and a lot of it. Some new loot will appear. There will be some shifts amongst Trader's crews - Engineers and GO's won't appear on Pogroms anymore (and will be replaced by some new enemies).

Below: The Traders hell-bent on protecting their cargo of Chemicals.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:16:51 am by Dioxine »

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 28, 2014, 05:34:40 am »
It was supposed to be an Easter Egg... what else would you want, having these demons fight for you? Changing demons into demonic weapons? Summoning the Goddess of Death with living demon sacrifices? Just shoot your ideas and keep these suckers locked up :)

btw. yes, the demon places are like MiB bases, except they don't stay forever just a couple of months. I might change that method of spawning though.

I haven't finished the mod (yet) but I like the Demons side story, like jumping from one enemy (Star Lords) to the Doom's demons, like the Dark Ones are one of these far away Star Lord's enemies that they are fighting.

Also, I assaulted a downed Smuggler cruiser and the Captain was an Ethereal! I suppose some script is not done yet. Or maybe it's another (good) twist on the story!

Later I was able to MC a Star Lord and finally I'm researching it.

By the way, some of the text for the Dark Ones are still "null" or with place holders.

Great mod Dioxine, please keep it coming. The story developed is more interesting than some books I have read :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #425 on: August 28, 2014, 07:22:19 am »
Smugglers aren't supposed to have cruisers, it was an oversight, but their highest ranking guy certainly isn't...

I haven't written these entries for Doom creatures to save on time (and still not sure of the benefits of their research); I wasn't expecting them to be captured, honestly. Looks like the more difficult something is, the more it tempts people to be done :)

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 28, 2014, 06:43:31 pm »
Thanks.

Here's my report of my latest game experience :)

Finally, I managed to shoot down, assault and capture a Star God Coordinator, from a downed cruiser. It was quite a battle, no casualties from my side but nearly everyone got severe injured, and all the ladies wore Annihilator suits and had Psi ratings of 45+.
Spoiler:
Good thing I saved the tiny drill. The Avenger is a expensive ship.

The Star God Coordinator entry in the research description has a weird placeholder. The "fat guy" text is also still with placeholders. 

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #427 on: August 28, 2014, 07:34:08 pm »
Congratulations! This is the first time afaik someone came close to completing the game. The outro isn't a placeholder... however I had no opportunity to test it yet :)

Offline Recruit69

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 28, 2014, 08:18:08 pm »
Mmmm! This looks interesting to play.....

The only downside is having to change the OpenXcom settings which affects the FMP I am playing right now if i wanted to switch between the two.

Though it is not bad as it was compared to have dozens of mods enabled before and trying to figure out which ones were included/excluded every time i load a game save and it says missing mods etc!

For that reason, is it worth considering including the mods, Hobbes terrains and LukesUFO bundled with your mod?

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 28, 2014, 08:33:30 pm »
Mmmm! This looks interesting to play.....
The only downside is having to change the OpenXcom settings which affects the FMP I am playing right now if i wanted to switch between the two.

One could have multiple user folders (game and settings) all using the same game exe/data folder.  The drawback, I suppose, is for non Piratez games, all your new soldiers names will be generated using the Pirate.nam rule ("Sleepy Dollar reporting for duty, Sir!"  :D)

Or like I do, my user folder is a subfolder alongside with the data folder in the OXC game directory. And the whole thing is copied few times, each totally independent from the other.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 28, 2014, 08:36:50 pm »
or make copies of the whole binary folder
IMHO thats the easiest solution

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #431 on: August 28, 2014, 08:43:00 pm »
Hobbes and Luke's mod aren't conflicting with Piratez in any way. There is even an extra .rul file in Piratez now, that integrates them both together and more fully with Piratez (baiscally adds all extra Piratez civilians to them), however it is not fully up to date with Hobbes' mod (not all terrains will be included).

Offline smexyvami

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 28, 2014, 09:41:05 pm »
One could have multiple user folders (game and settings) all using the same game exe/data folder.  The drawback, I suppose, is for non Piratez games, all your new soldiers names will be generated using the Pirate.nam rule ("Sleepy Dollar reporting for duty, Sir!"  :D)

Or like I do, my user folder is a subfolder alongside with the data folder in the OXC game directory. And the whole thing is copied few times, each totally independent from the other.

i tryed this  and cant get it working :( maby a tut would help

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 28, 2014, 10:06:50 pm »
i tryed this  and cant get it working :( maby a tut would help

For example:

The binaries folder where the data folder is "C:\games\OpenXcom\".
All the mods and nightlies are in "C:\games\OpenXcom\data\" and so.

Your savegame and config files are probably "C:\Users\JOHNSMITH\Documents\OpenXcom\*.sav; *.cfg"
You need to do is move this folder into the binaries folder, so it looks like: "C:\games\OpenXcom\OpenXcom\*.sav; *.cfg".
Then rename the folder to "user", so it looks like: "C:\games\OpenXcom\user\*.sav; *.cfg".

At the end the folder "C:\games\OpenXcom\" should contain only two folders: "data" and "user". Then the game is self contained. Just run "C:\games\OpenXcom\openxcom.exe" and enjoy :)

« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:08:36 pm by Alex_D »

Offline smexyvami

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 28, 2014, 11:41:41 pm »
thanx