aliens

Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750040 times)

Offline smexyvami

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.81 - 16 Aug
« Reply #405 on: August 24, 2014, 08:57:51 pm »
will try latter

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #406 on: August 24, 2014, 09:17:06 pm »
Seems that the Smuggler ship will have random-ish loot by the score, which makes me happy. Most of the graphics are already prepared, now into gruelling work...
Aside from normal loot, there will be parts that'll let you assemble craft weapons (without prerequisite tech) and other crafting materials, some of them new. Some of them will be added to Trader's Freighters but that's for 0.83. There will also be at least one mystery alien with a quite slim chance of appearing.

Pictured: furry things. Smugglers love them, you're going to hate them. Credit goes to Robin, I've simply recolored his Anthropod.

Offline Edrick

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 25, 2014, 11:59:42 am »
ORLY? Women dressed in furry suits, serving their Smuggler masters, armed with katanas and out for my blood? Call it some variation of Rule 38.

Yeah, about Smugglers. Will the Smuggler Captain finally get his Mauser C96? And, while at it, why not give him a .223 Pistol/Deckard's Gun? You could get them in Fallout, why not Piratez (besides, Harrison Ford gets to keep his weapons after each film, now, doesn't he? ;) )

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #408 on: August 25, 2014, 01:26:00 pm »
Yeah he will have (researcheable) Mauser-ish thing. The Smuggler women aren't dressed in furry suits. I was talking about some other, very male, big furry things out to rip your arms off :P
About That Other Gun, no, not this time. Probably.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.82 - 25 Aug
« Reply #409 on: August 25, 2014, 10:52:39 pm »
0.82 is up! And with it, the Smugglers faction. It's been hell lot of work, and the bugs are likely to be plentiful, but I believe it's been worth it! Enjoy and keep an eye on those bugs - it's impossible for me to track them alone. Tell me what you think. And most of all... enjoy the ride. And don't complain if Smugglers don't appear very often... their missions are about as likely to come up as Cargo Freight or Passenger Ferrying.

Offline Ran

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 26, 2014, 12:25:46 am »
Yess, another faction! :D
How does updating to the new version affect savegames? Will the smugglers appear even if you don't start a new game?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #411 on: August 26, 2014, 12:30:06 am »
Yess, another faction! :D
How does updating to the new version affect savegames? Will the smugglers appear even if you don't start a new game?

Yes, but not before the end of the month. Probably longer.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #412 on: August 26, 2014, 01:15:36 am »
They won't be of much use to a player who's advanced in the game, either, their loot isn't that advanced. Savegames will remain unscathed, you won't lose any progress.

Offline Ran

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 26, 2014, 01:48:46 am »
Thanks, that's what I expected.
Are there any other large overhauls planned which would require starting an new game?

Offline Voiddweller

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 26, 2014, 05:49:53 am »
Any chance to have a faction raid missions in the future? Also it would be cool to actually have a flagship instead of hideout. I mean mobile base of operations. But i guess it would require some more than just ruleset change...
BTW i liked ballistic trajectory for bow projectiles. I have half of my squad trained as archers, raining death upon enemy heads from safe places XD
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 05:53:50 am by Voiddweller »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #415 on: August 26, 2014, 01:13:41 pm »
- No, there won't be any game-breaking changes in the foresseable future... you might however face some obstacles like research topics disappearing because you don't have the new prerequisite (but you'll be always able to unlock them back after some extra research);

- Raid missions at wish, Apocalypse-style won't be possible (engine limitation). I will be adding some missions against land targets, but these still will be dependant on the random factor... Otoh a Raid mission in Piratez would have to target visible installations (like, Trader's HQ in some city's downtown) and it'd probably be suicidal, as you'd have to face hordes of enemies, supported by tanks, flying vehicles... These organisations aren't called Global Powers for nothing.

- Mobile bases aren't possible.

- It's nice someone is finally seeing the potential of these bows. I love how everyone seem to be playing this mod in a different way :)

Offline Voiddweller

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 26, 2014, 06:00:23 pm »
Well, just random land raids would be nice even if there will be hordes of enemy troops, because you don't have to kill everyone, just grab some loot and run. Pirate ships is stealthy for a reason, right? :D And there must be a time window, like main forces left the base and you have to raid it before they come back. Raiding same place again and again is very exploitable. You might need some new artwork and maps though :P
And yeah, i think i'll suggest a mobile base concept for engine development. Who knows, maybe someone find this idea appealing.
Actually your mod is awesome. It actually feels like a new game, not just adding a couple of new things or making play more difficult. Loot-oriented supply is fun too, like you can arm your girls right on a battlefield, and let the enemy taste their own plasma :D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 06:10:37 pm by Voiddweller »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #417 on: August 26, 2014, 06:10:24 pm »
And yeah, i think i'll suggest a mobile base concept for engine development. Who knows, maybe someone find this idea appealing.

While I think it is very unlikely this will be implemented, I do find this idea appealing. :)

Good idea with the sudden raid, too. Very cinematic.

Offline Voiddweller

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 26, 2014, 06:23:36 pm »
While I think it is very unlikely this will be implemented, I do find this idea appealing. :)
It suits piratez very well, even if you can have only one base, you can fly to regions where humies think you are harmless, and make them reconsider :P Plus piratez should stay piratez, without turning into a new global power with many powerful bases and hundreds of runts making boose for your bootlegger empire... Ugh, well that is actually sounds nice too XD

Offline Avalanche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 26, 2014, 11:42:31 pm »
Man, a lot's changed since the last time I tried this mod. Out of curiosity, do the Dark One landings stay on the ground forever or something? After having the best month I've ever had in the game, my score came back as terrible. The only thing I can think of is that there was an issue like with the MIB mod, in which some UFOs just stay on the ground forever and tank your score.

I'm also very sad that after all the work I went through to capture the demons, I couldn't do anything cool with them.