Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750177 times)

Offline Edrick

• Captain
    • View Profile
Thank you very much for your answers!
Just a last question: what does the Tiny Drill do? The Bootypaedia entry isn't very enlightening and it doesn't sell for anything. Maybe it's to construct the Ultimate Craft?

niculinux

Just a last question: what does the Tiny Drill do? The Bootypaedia entry isn't very enlightening and it doesn't sell for anything. Maybe it's to construct the Ultimate Craft?

I join on that, what is it?

Also after some more intense firefighst, would be nice to have some weapon clips increased amount:

Harpoon gun: from 3 to 6 or 8
Hand cannon: from 4 to 6
Rail driver: from 1 to 6

and actually tommy gun  should be not reaserchable item, buyable insted (it' a weapon of the beginnin of the XX century after all  :o ;D ). Bow should have ammo vounts (buyable: standard arrow (AP) explosives arrows (rambo style!!) and poisoned ones effective against non-armored target. Also i'd discard snubby revolver, transferring its features to ol' revolver (seems kinda duplicated weapons, but snubby is more powerful.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Tiny Drill: I'm not telling anything :)

Harpoon Gun: It's the most powerful starting CC weapon (except the Rail Driver), it's purposefully very low capacity else it'd invalidate shotguns.

Rail Driver: See above. It's extremely powerful (and available from the store) so it has to be extremely nerfed in other aspects. Also - man, it's a mining tool, what a mining tool would need a multi-round magazine for? :)

Hand Cannon: Same thing. It's borderline OP already, and only because it's one of the staple pirate weapons.

Tommygun: Nope, it won't be buyable. Maybe the price of blueprints is too high, but it's a swag weapon, ie. exclusive, posh, cool, not for muggles and bean-counters. Besides, they went out of production 650 years before the game starts :)

Snubby: While the Ol' Revolver is your crappy Level One weapon, Snubby is higher-tier, not buyable and sees improvement later to rival the domination of the Handcannon.

Bow: Yeah I thought about all these cool things too, but eventually I've decided that reloading the bow with quivers is so anti-climatic I can't allow it, so I went in a wholly different direction to make it unique (think Crisis! Bow+Synthmuscle Suit is a lethal combo). Rambo arrows however, I do miss them. Maybe there will be some other bow. Poisoned arrows, or rather darts, are planned in the future (they will arrive with a new enemy faction).

Offline zastava128

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Still playing 0.73, so will installing the newest version invalidate my savegames?

Also, an idea: I'm not sure whether it's possible to implement this, but how about allowing the player to use a "tamed" Reaper as a HWP? I mean the Traders have them, so why not the player? (possibly made using Reaper corpses, but how to justify this?... Franken-Reaper? Cyber-Reaper?)

Oh, and I just met the Star Gods.  They aren't kidding when they say "Gods" :o

niculinux

Tiny Drill: I'm not telling anything :)

Harpoon Gun: It's the most powerful starting CC weapon (except the Rail Driver), it's purposefully very low capacity else it'd invalidate shotguns.

Rail Driver: See above. It's extremely powerful (and available from the store) so it has to be extremely nerfed in other aspects. Also - man, it's a mining tool, what a mining tool would need a multi-round magazine for? :)

Hand Cannon: Same thing. It's borderline OP already, and only because it's one of the staple pirate weapons.

Tommygun: Nope, it won't be buyable. Maybe the price of blueprints is too high, but it's a swag weapon, ie. exclusive, posh, cool, not for muggles and bean-counters. Besides, they went out of production 650 years before the game starts :)

Snubby: While the Ol' Revolver is your crappy Level One weapon, Snubby is higher-tier, not buyable and sees improvement later to rival the domination of the Handcannon.

Bow: Yeah I thought about all these cool things too, but eventually I've decided that reloading the bow with quivers is so anti-climatic I can't allow it, so I went in a wholly different direction to make it unique (think Crisis! Bow+Synthmuscle Suit is a lethal combo). Rambo arrows however, I do miss them. Maybe there will be some other bow. Poisoned arrows, or rather darts, are planned in the future (they will arrive with a new enemy faction).

Well never played Crysis (know it onle by name  :o) but ok, at least harpoon gun may had to have at least a 5round clip, shotgun are very imprecise but have more ammo.

Also, a bit of info on how to manufact snub revolver and handcannon...grrr can't manage to get it... In the end, may be fine to have a strategy guide/unofficial FAQ call it whatever you want (like happened wiht jagged alliance 2) not to whisper the secrets of the game, but only to provide a little tibbit of info... :D

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Still playing 0.73, so will installing the newest version invalidate my savegames?

Also, an idea: I'm not sure whether it's possible to implement this, but how about allowing the player to use a "tamed" Reaper as a HWP? I mean the Traders have them, so why not the player? (possibly made using Reaper corpses, but how to justify this?... Franken-Reaper? Cyber-Reaper?)

Oh, and I just met the Star Gods.  They aren't kidding when they say "Gods" :o

All versions should be compatible, I'm trying hard to keep that promise. You might experience some strange behaviour in the research tree (especially if upgrading from pre-0.7), but you will be able to research all vital topics, so no need to worry. OpenXcom 1.0+ is stable enough that there should be no chance at all of old savegames not working.

Tamed Reapers are planned :)

@Niculinux:
Shotguns are less powerful, even the best ones. Harpoon deals 50 damage (10 more than AP shell on Military Shotgun), and it's stunning damage to boot, allowing you to capture the enemies alive and circumventing their AP resistance (if they have any). You also get very accurate Aimed shot with the Harpoon. Extra clips aren't that heavy either.

Snubby is never possible to manufacture.

About the secrets: I don't want to spoil the game for people who want to discover everything themselves, plus, I haven't written all these Pedia entries for nothing. :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:00:09 pm by Dioxine »

niculinux

Shotguns are less powerful, even the best ones. Harpoon deals 50 damage (10 more than AP shell on Military Shotgun), and it's stunning damage to boot, allowing you to capture the enemies alive and circumventing their AP resistance (if they have any). You also get very accurate Aimed shot with the Harpoon. Extra clips aren't that heavy either.

ok, fine then! Though in the game are present 5-6 shotgun types!  :o ;D Tommy now has 32 power, against the human assault rifle which is 30, i'd suggest to switch them, and increasin AR to 35 and tommy 30. Cutlass may be more powerful than rapier, and chainsaw is actually now very weak, how about to make it more deadly. Well Actualy weapons needs some more rebalancing, aside the harpoon question. Well peraph rail diver may be replaced by railgun, coz a one shot weapon would not make sense in the game, but it's just me then.

Snubby is never possible to manufacture.

It should be please? right afterr researched "Advanced weapons rumors" could appear an "imprived hangun" and then after having researched the latter we may manufacture snub revolver and ammo :/?

About the secrets: I don't want to spoil the game for people who want to discover everything themselves, plus, I haven't written all these Pedia entries for nothing. :)

ok 'ìll bash my head then xD

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
I think you're under a false impression that you're supposed to survive without looting weapons from the hands of your enemies. The store selection is purposefully very limited.

You're also forgetting that Assault Rifle has an unlimited-range Aimed Shot, while you can't reliably engage in long-range firefights with a Tommygun (at least when playing the mod as intended, with UFO Extender Accuracy: ON).

The chainsaw, while cumbersome to use, is actually very deadly, even in the hands of unskilled soldiers, unless you try to attack heavily armored enemies. I'm not denying that it is a sub-par weapon in general, though. I might make it use a bit less TU's.

niculinux

I think you're under a false impression that you're supposed to survive without looting weapons from the hands of your enemies. The store selection is purposefully very limited.

You're also forgetting that Assault Rifle has an unlimited-range Aimed Shot, while you can't reliably engage in long-range firefights with a Tommygun (at least when playing the mod as intended, with UFO Extender Accuracy: ON).

The chainsaw, while cumbersome to use, is actually very deadly, even in the hands of unskilled soldiers, unless you try to attack heavily armored enemies. I'm not denying that it is a sub-par weapon in general, though. I might make it use a bit less TU's.

Well, actually that it os the spirit of the mod (typing that after beign slaughtered again tonight :D) a really hard one! On second thoughts, other possible addictions that may make their wai along woth the tames reaper my be a machete, but mosty a katana and ever a scimitar! Hope also that some more reaserchabke weapins will be added (not many). Ok i ran out of ammo...maybe someone has some other suggestioms regarding weapons addictions ad features in general? If so, i pass it to those ;)

Offline Edrick

• Captain
    • View Profile
I'd only like to get an Electro-Sword that looks more like an electric sword and not like your average blade. You know, like the Lightsabers from Star Wars or the Beamsword from Super Smash Bros Brawl.
And, of course, a Molotov Cocktail. How could that be missing? Maybe, in the best of cases, even a Panzerfaust.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:10:09 pm by Edrick »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Ehh, there is no real point in adding more incendiaries with how ineffective they are in general, but yeah, if you insist for climatic purposes I have an idea how to implement molotovs in a somewhat interesting way (ie. not just another generic item at the store).

About the sword - that's all I could do with my drawing abilities, sorry. I'm not superhuman. Find me a better model and I can implement it if I like it.

About the Panzerfaust - isn't RPG-7 enough in that department?

niculinux

Ehh, there is no real point in adding more incendiaries with how ineffective they are in general, but yeah, if you insist for climatic purposes I have an idea how to implement molotovs in a somewhat interesting way (ie. not just another generic item at the store).

Please please, it's a must have considering the mod! <3 Tese may be bought in the black market - no need to research them - because are ancient weapons, but whatever! Could be a weaker version of will pete, that may be have to researched instead.

About the sword - that's all I could do with my drawing abilities, sorry. I'm not superhuman. Find me a better model and I can implement it if I like it.

mmhhh anyone listening? Maybe someone may want to help...

About the Panzerfaust - isn't RPG-7 enough in that department?

The rpg-7 is so lonely, really needs a buddy :D maybe a more "modern" bazooka?

Edit: changed my mind about tne molotov and the law, sine a singke shot rocket launcher is already present (plasma discharger or whatever it is called) so a apanzerfaust or a bazooka would be welcome ;)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 08:43:57 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Highly likely you'll see that, as the 1.0+ engine seems to allow for a single-shot, discardable missile... however, I've found a nasty bug in my research tree that allows you to immediately research stuff you're not supposed to... like Forcefields or Craft Missiles. The issue is fixed already, but it took me a lot of time and the next release will be somewhat delayed.

Offline Edrick

• Captain
    • View Profile
Just a quick n00b question: how I am supposed to obtain new guns or munitions for my vessels? Is  it through some advanced research tree?

niculinux

Just a quick n00b question: how I am supposed to obtain new guns or munitions for my vessels? Is  it through some advanced research tree?

As far as i know we got two ways: loot enemy vessels or research & manufacture.