Author Topic: Android Port (SDL2)  (Read 98184 times)

Offline shanroo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Android Port
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2014, 04:03:25 am »
Hi!

I'm newbie here (maybe with bad english, sorry), and now installed the android port. Nice work! Now my biggest problem is in sell/buy menus. If I not properly touch the inc/dec buttons then it will hold them down until I touch somewhere else or happen something (like I'm out of storage space). Another buttons (rotate, other inc/dec buttons) works alike. It's annoying a bit. Also buttons are small on my screen, but it's not the smallest phone on the market. It's 4.7". Maybe lists like those would have larger buttons, or a popup with some more buttons like +/- 10-50-100-all.

About the "monster": If I understood correctly you rotate the whole sphere of ocean. I think ocean is visible as a circle always, and only solid blue. Nothing on that. Do really need to a) rotate; b) be sphere?

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Android Port (SDL2)
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2014, 05:54:19 am »
Ok I've split up the thread to make things clear, because people were mixing up the old and new Android port discussions.

The original Android port discussion was 3 years ago! You know what version we were on then? 0.2. It was a completely different port from the one you've seen in the last video by Page, and pretty much everything has changed since then, so please disregard anything you read about it (if in doubt, just go through this new thread again). The globe's no longer a monster. It's more of a troll. :P

Offline page

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2014, 12:54:06 am »
I've put up a new beta. I've been quite busy with other stuff, so it's mainly just an update to the current oxc upstream, with latest SDL. The only bug fix is for exiting soldier unit stats page with back button. The links are on the same wiki page. Enjoy!

Offline page

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2014, 12:08:05 pm »
Btw, can you check if the 'pink problem' still happens with this version? <- starwindz, HappyCat

Offline sidav

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2014, 12:36:48 pm »
page, on some russian forum we had found the solution of the "pink problem". Don't sure i can say it correctly in English, but it is solved by turning off "Hardware overlay" setting in "Developer settings" in Android settings menu, i.e. it is not a problem of the port itself.
I also can provide some statistics about workability of the port on various devices, based on the forum reviews, if you need so.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 12:41:55 pm by sidav »

Offline page

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2014, 03:18:13 pm »
Thanks a lot for the pointer, sidav! I could not test it yet but there's a guy in the sdl irc channel with the same problem that got it solved with this, so I call it fixed.

As for statistics, it would be nice to know of some if it doesn't take you much time. Perhaps you can point me to that forum as well? (I can't read russian but my coworker can) :)

Offline sidav

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2014, 05:59:10 pm »
page, i made statistics for you:
Many users report that TUs cost of shots hasn't displayed, maybe it's because of russian .lng file taken from desktop openxcom?
(my remark: i use .lng file from your cache pack, and i have TUs cost displayed.)
Statistics on devices:
All LG devices i seen have no trouble with openxcom.
Sony xperia L has "veeeery long" loading, but except this also has no trouble.
Sony Xperia Z1, Meizu MX2, Acer A500, Google Nexus 4, Fly iq 445, Huawei Ascend Mate, Highscreen Alpha GT, HTC Desire C: no trouble.
Samsung Galaxy Gio, Samsung GT-I9103 Galaxy R: no trouble (even no "pink problem"!)
Fly iq 440, Lenovo A789, Huawei g500pro: black screen on launch (but the game sounds working, if do some tap on screen).
Motorola RAZR I: game crashes on launch.
Almost all another samsung devices have "pink problem", but otherwise they have no trouble.
Also, many users said that their hardware "back" button doesn't work. It is fixed by binding an action on it in the game settings.
Overwhelming majority of users (but not everyone) reported that the game crashes sometimes when your soldier/tank/mind-controlled alien is killed. I experience this issue too. It is not persistent and usually doesn't occur again after game re-loading (but the game can crash later after re-loading), and generally seems random without any regularity, also it seems that there is no corellation between device model and this issue.
That's all for now, hope it was helpful

Offline HappyCat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2014, 09:56:32 pm »
Perhaps you can point me to that forum as well? (I can't read russian but my coworker can) :)
I am not sidav, but I am sure he means following topic:
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=539828

Offline sidav

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2014, 06:49:43 am »
page, I tried to update (yeah, earlier i couldn't) and I get the "There is a problem parsing the package" message when apk is being  installed. my device is LG Optimus Sol with android 2.3.4
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:51:20 am by sidav »

Offline HappyCat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2014, 11:01:55 am »
Am I correct that there is currently no way to executing actions requiring right mouse button or control key on pc?
Things like turning the turret, opening doors and forcing fire.

Offline page

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2014, 08:45:43 pm »
sidav: thanks for info and report. For anyone reading, I uploaded a beta2r1 which fixes that.
HappyCat: thanks for the link!

Offline page

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2014, 08:50:57 pm »
Am I correct that there is currently no way to executing actions requiring right mouse button or control key on pc?
Things like turning the turret, opening doors and forcing fire.

Yep, only turning the soldier works.

Offline HappyCat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2014, 07:12:10 am »
I've found a bug related to turnging.
1. Turn the soldier "downwise", so he/she faces the screen.
2. Select next solder via "next soldier" button.
3. Press button "center on soldier".

Selected soldier sometimes also turns downwise. Never seen it happening with other directions.
UPD: Doesn't happen every time, so I am yet to find a solid way to reproduce this one.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:53:04 am by HappyCat »

Offline HappyCat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2014, 09:48:01 pm »
Step 3 in last bug description seems to be unnecessary.

I was actually able to open door without turning by swiping from soldier to door.

Background music is playing even when device is in sleep mode.
UPD: workaround for turning bug is to tap somewhere else before tapping "next soldier"
"Spend all TUs" button is unpressable for me. I can tap-hover it and get hint, though.
UPD2: soldiers often turns after using stun baton. Looks related to general turn issue.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:46:46 pm by HappyCat »

Offline Warbear

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2014, 09:23:06 pm »
Come on! I can't wait for the new update. There's an annoying bug: I can't get out of stats menu. I have to kill the game and then restart it.