Author Topic: [ARMOR] Improved Uniforms, Kevlars, Dragon Skin & Combat Armor ^_^  (Read 59983 times)

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Hallo, don't know if this counts as my first mod or not >_< its originally by Warboy1982

Anyway, just my opinion on armor types issue, Let's just assume that the current X-com issue overalls are made from Kevlar Aramid panels like in fencing and motorbike protective suits. They will give protection from falling on the road, being dragged and minor pokes and stuff, but are in no way bullet resistant.  :(

So, that leaves us with current armor systems, where kevlar interceptor is used, for those of you who are aware of Spectra and Dyneema should know that these two are flammable or weak against heat, no good for plasma at all >_<

So, here are several uniforms and armor systems for you all to test, they are based on real-life prices and are all weaker than the Alloy Personal Armor. This is meant for those who want to play hard mode or just want some color and fun in your life  ;D

UPDATES
NEW*: - Stats added to the uniform and armor types, giving extra qualities and quirks to these armor systems.
           - For the most part, the armor gives your troops confidence in the field and their job, although plasma fire can still kill them >_<
           - WoodLand Camo uniform and Armor systems added. ^_^

Additions : - By request from several members here, DragonSkin Armor system has been added.
                  - These Human Armor Systems are cheap (based on real-life prices)
                  -  BUT now they add weight to your soldier....( I'm sure Solarius Scorch will like that)
                  - Also, I'm using a weight formula that is in Spirit of X-Com creators....I think >_<

A Standard Human Corpse , 180 lbs. = 24 UFO weight units
            (should be 180 pounds for a man No female weights available)
             Therefore, 1 UFO weight unit should = 7.5 lbs. in real life, estimated

So, the weight of the armors are as followed:-
           -  Uniform                                                = 0 ufoWU (why else will you wear it? To make the rookies look colorful maybe ^_^ )
           -  Kevlar Level 3 + Titanium Plates          = 5 ufoWU = 37.5lbs (I think just the vest is around 27 lbs. ? 5 to 7 lbs. per Plate)
           -  Kevlar Level 4 + Interceptor Plates      = 6 ufoWU = 45lbs    (just guessing here  >_<  )
           -  DragonSkin Level 5 (Can't use Plates!)= 7 ufoWU = 52.5lbs
              The standard SOV 3000 weighs from 33 to 45 lbs depending on how much coverage you want. Level 5 MIL-STD SOV-3000™      weighs around 54 .lbs or more >_< 

Anyway, hope you all have lots of fun with these  ;D and Remember to research those super-lightweight and strong alien alloy armors ^_^

Included are:-
Army Armor
A.N. Armor (helmets marked on the left side)
Camo uniform
Camo Kevlar Armor
Camo DragonSkin Armor*

Camo order is:
1 = Urban
2 = Jungle
3 = Desert
4 = Arctic
5 = WoodLand*

These will not clash will any current armor mods as far as I know....
Note: you need BOTH files for this to work, it was too big as a single File
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 12:17:47 am by Fox105iwsp »

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: [ARMOR] Improved Uniforms, Kevlars, Dragon Skin & Combat Armor ^_^
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 05:17:14 am »
nice work! i was wondering when you were gonna split this to it's own thread :P
also, no need to give me any credit, it's originally by Ryskeliini. i just did the backend to get it in-game.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 08:16:12 am »
I just like to point out that you went by the most generous weight estimates. If we took the loaded rifle as a watermark, the results would be wholly different...
- A rifle weighs 11 weight units (8+3 for the clip)
- A heavy rifle could easily weigh 11 lbs
- 1 game unit = 1 lbs :3

However, nobody would wear an armor weighing 50 or even 25 game units...

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 08:23:34 am »
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiceeee! i was using the version in the combat armor thread so i m glad yo make this,btw im not sure if that formula its correct xD

"A Standard Human Corpse , 180 lbs. = 24 UFO weight units
            (should be 180 pounds for a man No female weights available)
             Therefore, 1 UFO weight unit should = 7.5 lbs. in real life, estimated"

but a simple and small rifle clip weight 3 units....it means that a rifle clip weights 22 or 23 lbs...wut  :o?...i always believe that the corpses weight is less than normal for all the blood,fluids,organs getting out,parts of body evaporated by the plasma bolts? :p

Edit: LOL dioxine and i think the same thing almost in the same time xD
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:26:12 am by blackwolf »

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 09:13:16 am »
You're both right, If Plasma Bolts leave your corpse like a Predator Plasma Caster Victim, you would lose some weight :P
But a Power Armor  Corpse or Flying Suit weighs 26 game units >_<
I guess I shouldn't post half asleep  ??? but the armor was done, so I figured must as well  ;D

Yeah, to use the conversion I have accurately, the game will have to accept .5 weight units >_<

Also, maybe the Gamer Designers didn't want us to bring too much with us like in real life  :P

For Combat you would get issued for yourself like:
                                                  - 210 rounds (7 Mags)of 5.56mm Nato Assault Rifle *
                                                  - 100 rounds (5 mags) of 7.62mm Nato Assault Rifle *
                                                  - 40 rounds of Match Grade 7.62mm or even .50BMG  for Snipers *
                                                  - 800-1000 rounds of 7.62mm Nato for Medium Machineguns *
                                                  - One or Two 66mm Law Rockets or maybe one 84mm AT4 +
                                                  - 20-30 40mm Grenades  for M203s +
                                                  - Pistol with 2 or 4 Mags *
                                                  - Up to 6 Grenades +
                                                 (* Only one normally issued, + for extras)

Not to mention weight of armor issued  :) Motion scanners and  medkits (MEDIC! >_< )  But lets face it, a UFO can't possibly hold enough Sectoids to deal with 8 to 14 soldiers kitted like that with maybe one or two HWPs >_<

PS: So, I'm not sure, does everyone think the armor weights are ok? ^_^

Also, can anyone tell me what STATs for armor is for? does it add too the unit, I don't see any effect on my test runs >_<
And can you program a grenade/Hi Explosives to make beeping noise before blowing up like C4 in Counter-Strike Games? It's an Experiment  ;D

Preview of Advance Personal Armor, still hoping for stats boost >_<

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:29:24 am by Fox105iwsp »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 10:09:58 am »
What can I say? This looks truly amazing! Not just visually, but the entire concept is hawt.
I'll certainly download it straight away. However, proper testing will have to wait until I start a new game - I still need to test stuff in my current one. :)

EDIT: found this, may be usable for someone: https://www.strategycore.co.uk/files/bagirovs-camo/
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 10:25:18 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 10:39:08 am »
Nice work!

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 02:30:16 pm »
This is a conversion from Bagirov's Camos......what does that mean you all want woodland camos too?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 02:35:13 pm »
This is a conversion from Bagirov's Camos......what does that mean you all want woodland camos too?

Ideally, the camo pattern would change according to terrain.
I have an excellent mod for the original game which did precisely this (for all 4 types of armour!). It's on my other PC though, so I can't check its name or author right now.

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 02:41:47 pm »
I see, I'll see if I can work on Woodland, I actually have other idea in research right now ^_^
But most hit snags >_< like flamethrowers, beeping for grenades, HWP/SWS turret placements, new sprites R&D and new armor systems (Including Stats Boosting). Any help on these subjects will be much appreciated ^_^
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:45:28 pm by Fox105iwsp »

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 05:05:13 pm »
Okay, here's your WoodLand Camo gear, it's seems to be only a little different from jungle >_<
Have Fun with it ^_^

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 05:57:56 pm »
Wow, thanks!
Now how to implement them to be self-assigned... :)

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 08:29:13 pm »
Nice.

In re: to discussion about weight:
I've always seen a game unit of weight as equalling encumberance, not in literal poundage.  Carrying a 40 lb child is definitely more of an encumberance to your speed compared to an efficient, well designed backpack stowing 50 lbs of gear. 

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 10:54:39 pm »
Nice.

In re: to discussion about weight:
I've always seen a game unit of weight as equalling encumberance, not in literal poundage.  Carrying a 40 lb child is definitely more of an encumberance to your speed compared to an efficient, well designed backpack stowing 50 lbs of gear.

+1.
:)

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 12:03:28 am »
I don't think that's the case >_<

For example, it makes NO difference if you are carrying a Corpse, Sectoid Comander or your wounded buddy in your arms or your backpack at all.

Your TUs or Energy bar is completely unaffected  by where you're carrying your stuff, all that matters is your weight limit >_<
So unless there is a redesign on the core game engine, there is no connection between weight/encumbrance to speed/efficiency