Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536788 times)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #1035 on: November 22, 2015, 06:06:24 pm »
one funny thing is what happend when you PSI an enemy unit then make it kill itself. who gets that kill? in that case it should be the person that used PSI on that unit. you would check this by first checking if the unit is being controlled then skip the regular check routine and award a medal.

there should be a PSI control suicide kill medal .

:)

I added functionality last time I worked on this for "MC'ing an alien and getting kills with it", so getting the alien to kill itself should be tracked ;p I don't think I have an award specifically for suiciding an alien though. I wonder if I would have to add more code for that or not..

As for creating a code block that does a general kill-check, I sort of have one at the moment. I think it covers damage types too.. but I am not sure. I would rather award a vague kill than not award one at all though. For example, blowing stuff up to kill an alien awards an "Improvisation" kill. In fact, I think any stat that "doesn't make sense" is given as an improv kill..

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 23, 2015, 02:18:26 am »
If only this was compiled together with OXCE to run X-Piratez!

One day Gadget!
I am working on merging Soldier Diaries into the main OpenXcom branch, so once that's done it should make its way to OXCE eventually. :)

The Commendations will still be a standalone download though.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:24:45 am by SupSuper »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1037 on: November 23, 2015, 02:52:54 am »
I am working on merging Soldier Diaries into the main OpenXcom branch, so once that's done it should make its way to OXCE eventually. :)

You are my hero!!  That's awesome news!!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 23, 2015, 03:38:25 am »
Indeed! Great news! :D

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 23, 2015, 05:10:13 am »

You are such a tease Sup, given users little pieces at a time :P

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 23, 2015, 08:29:13 am »

NICE!!!!!!!

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 23, 2015, 12:27:12 pm »
OK for people that would like to test the mod

This is the current release it is working with the latest nightly openxcom_git_master_2015_11_17_1628.zip

I can't upload the file, so this is the link to it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwgi206pw2vqaut/Shoes-Diaries_2015_11_21_1340.rar?dl=0

UFO is functional with no error except some bugs when awarding some medals, Shoes will get to them eventually

TFTD is partially working. the medal section in UFOpedia is present but object do not appear, press ESC to get back to the previous window.
There are also some palette work that needs to be done.
Please remember TFTD is a WIP

***NOTE***
I have tried to follow the right folder structure just be mindful it should be a straight paste.

HURRAH!!

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 23, 2015, 08:57:39 pm »
Oh Noooo! sleepless night on the horizon...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1043 on: November 23, 2015, 09:11:48 pm »
Oh Noooo! sleepless night on the horizon...

But we love you.

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 24, 2015, 03:04:14 am »
Awesome news, SupSuper!

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 24, 2015, 09:54:17 pm »
OK for people that would like to test the mod

This is the current release it is working with the latest nightly openxcom_git_master_2015_11_17_1628.zip

I can't upload the file, so this is the link to it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwgi206pw2vqaut/Shoes-Diaries_2015_11_21_1340.rar?dl=0

UFO is functional with no error except some bugs when awarding some medals, Shoes will get to them eventually

TFTD is partially working. the medal section in UFOpedia is present but object do not appear, press ESC to get back to the previous window.
There are also some palette work that needs to be done.
Please remember TFTD is a WIP

***NOTE***
I have tried to follow the right folder structure just be mindful it should be a straight paste.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong - is the exe file supposed to be 3MB? The OpenXcom nightly exe is about 8MB. If I double click on the exe in the mod, it says yaml error.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 24, 2015, 10:10:44 pm »
The OXC .exe likely has all the .dll files stored inside the .exe, making it cleaner but larger. I don't know how to do that, so my .exe comes with a bunch of .dll files that need to be in the right place. I did not check xracer's .rar, but if there are no .dlls, go download my old version and plop his .exe in the place of mine. Plopping his .exe into mine should also fix missing yaml issues, if there are some.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 24, 2015, 10:48:28 pm »
The OXC .exe likely has all the .dll files stored inside the .exe, making it cleaner but larger. I don't know how to do that, so my .exe comes with a bunch of .dll files that need to be in the right place. I did not check xracer's .rar, but if there are no .dlls, go download my old version and plop his .exe in the place of mine. Plopping his .exe into mine should also fix missing yaml issues, if there are some.

Worked but all the old commendation data is gone and I didnt back it up. Oh well at least it worked - we can start again. Thanks.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 24, 2015, 11:23:33 pm »
all libraries need be compiled as static. With it then not need dlls. One way is get mxe.cc tool chain on linux that already have it configured.
https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/blob/OpenXcomExtended/src/Makefile.mxe this is how I do it (based on makefile from nightly).

[ps]
small detail, mxe.cc for default don't have enabled flac file support, here I store commit that re-enable it: https://github.com/Yankes/mxe
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:25:52 pm by Yankes »

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 25, 2015, 03:16:45 am »
Worked but all the old commendation data is gone and I didnt back it up. Oh well at least it worked - we can start again. Thanks.

Hmm... that is weird. I continued a game with old commendations and it seemed to be working properly.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong - is the exe file supposed to be 3MB? The OpenXcom nightly exe is about 8MB. If I double click on the exe in the mod, it says yaml error.

Shoes is correct i should have added the .dll files into my .rar  but like he said just replacing the his .exe with the one i supplied should fix all the issues.
If you are getting a YAML file double check the language file US_eng  towards the end of the file for  STR_DIARY: "RECORD" i noticed that in one of my files i had 2 extra spaces.

***UPDATE****

I have corrected the YAML issue and included the .DLL into the folder. Sorry for any inconvenince or if any of you kitties got hurt because of it.

Here is the corrected file.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 03:45:39 am by xracer »