Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536425 times)

Offline slothen

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #990 on: November 02, 2015, 08:12:17 pm »
This is working.  The stat tracking is just beautiful.  This is something I wish xcom2012 had and I'm hoping a similar mod will be made for xcom2.

I'm playing with a few other mods:  better explosions, improved handobs, and lukes extra UFOs.  The extra UFO mod is loaded and it runs correctly, but so far every UFO has been the default interior layout, so I'm not sure about that.

i was also worried something was broken.  I played jan-april and every single mission was sectoids.  I'd seen plenty of floaters in previous games.  However I think this is okay, I've seen floaters for the first time in may.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 03, 2015, 01:53:34 am »
The mod shouldn't mess with any of that... but while getting xcom1 to work wtih TFTD, the devs made some changes to certain conventions and what not. It may be possible that what you're seeing is a result of a poor merge on my part of these changes. It could also be totally unrelated though! So who knows :)

Offline slothen

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 03, 2015, 05:11:19 pm »
I got it figured out.  May was literally 100% floaters after 4 months of 100% sectoids.  The expanded UFOs worked once I adjusted where the files in that mod a bit.  Had to pull the subfolders out of the "data" folder.

There's some minor strangeness with stats and commendations.  Soldiers killed via friendly fire (explosives) and cyberdiscs killed (explosives or lasers) show up in the stat log as stunned.  Soldiers are also getting 'taking names' for killing any terrorist unit, i guess because terrorist species are all "terrorists."  Also getting things like mercy ribbons handed out when according to the description that should only happen if no aliens are killed.  Minor stuff though.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 09:01:44 pm by slothen »

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 04, 2015, 02:10:44 am »
i abandoned the forum some time ago for real life issues, and i have to admit that now that i came back..this is one of the most interesting mods i always tried to keep tracking, i love the concept and i would completely cherish the fact it became nightly-friendly once more, im trhilled with the idea to play with it again...im using FMP and the only thing i miss to get the perfect gameplay its this mod tho....
Hope it get merged again soon, but i also know it may take it time after all the stuff devs are doing with TFTD....so for thanks for the project SHOES , best wishes to this amazing work pal.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 04, 2015, 02:22:56 am »
I got it figured out.  May was literally 100% floaters after 4 months of 100% sectoids.  The expanded UFOs worked once I adjusted where the files in that mod a bit.  Had to pull the subfolders out of the "data" folder.

There's some minor strangeness with stats and commendations.  Soldiers killed via friendly fire (explosives) and cyberdiscs killed (explosives or lasers) show up in the stat log as stunned.  Soldiers are also getting 'taking names' for killing any terrorist unit, i guess because terrorist species are all "terrorists."  Also getting things like mercy ribbons handed out when according to the description that should only happen if no aliens are killed.  Minor stuff though.

Yeah, there has been a weird bug regarding multi-criteria commendations that occurred out of the blue one day after merging. "Taking Names" should be given after killing all the types of terrorists, but instead if given when you kill the last(?) one. Same with a bunch of other multi-criteria bugs. It's tough to crack because I think a change done elsewhere by the devs is causing it. Once it does get fixed (lol who knows when :D), there's a debug command to clear commendations, so you can reset and get proper commendations.

i abandoned the forum some time ago for real life issues, and i have to admit that now that i came back..this is one of the most interesting mods i always tried to keep tracking, i love the concept and i would completely cherish the fact it became nightly-friendly once more, im trhilled with the idea to play with it again...im using FMP and the only thing i miss to get the perfect gameplay its this mod tho....
Hope it get merged again soon, but i also know it may take it time after all the stuff devs are doing with TFTD....so for thanks for the project SHOES , best wishes to this amazing work pal.

Thanks! At the moment I am warming up to the idea of learning how to program under ubuntu. I hope to get back to it soon enough!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 04, 2015, 03:00:44 am »
I think there's some weird thing happening with the "one of each" types commendations, in that they are given for reaching the total, regardless of how. So if you have say: "kill 1 of each 5 kinds of terrorists", as soon as you kill 5 terrorists (it can be 5 of the same kind), you get the medal. Or something like that?

Offline slothen

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 04, 2015, 06:57:58 pm »
I think there's some weird thing happening with the "one of each" types commendations, in that they are given for reaching the total, regardless of how. So if you have say: "kill 1 of each 5 kinds of terrorists", as soon as you kill 5 terrorists (it can be 5 of the same kind), you get the medal. Or something like that?

No, its happening for soldiers that kill only a single disc, as their first kill.  My assumption is that discs only come with the terrorist job, so they're credited for getting a kill on every type of disc.

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 09, 2015, 06:18:25 am »
Well good news, Shoes, is hard at work bringing the code up to date, and very soon we will all be enjoying looking at our medals, and the rumor mills says that it might be incorporated into the main some time in the near future.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 09, 2015, 03:01:51 pm »
So with the help of R1d0 I have prepared a dev environment on ubuntu, now I just need to learn how to compile a windows executable from windows.

Then I suppose I could test to see if the darned thing even works? I haven't ever tried TFTD before..

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 09, 2015, 03:12:48 pm »
Woot! So looking forward to that! And integration in the main build if it happens, which may mean integration in OXCE :D

Great news! Now I need to finish my playthrough with the old commendation version..!

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: November 09, 2015, 06:10:22 pm »
+1

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 11, 2015, 10:32:20 pm »
So with the help of R1d0 I have prepared a dev environment on ubuntu, now I just need to learn how to compile a windows executable from windows.

Then I suppose I could test to see if the darned thing even works? I haven't ever tried TFTD before..

IF need be there are a lot of people that can compile one of those :) myself included. you let me know when the code is ready i can compile and create the .exe for you so you can do whatever it is you need to do

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1002 on: November 11, 2015, 11:07:54 pm »
This would be great for Warboy.

This is not a reference to anything at all.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 12, 2015, 03:32:58 am »
IF need be there are a lot of people that can compile one of those :) myself included. you let me know when the code is ready i can compile and create the .exe for you so you can do whatever it is you need to do

I might take you up on that! The current branch I have pushed to my git compiled for me, but is entirely untested gameplay wise. You can give it a whirl and see what happens.

Unfortunately for me, at this point in my project the only bugs that are left are the though ones. D:

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 16, 2015, 09:17:53 am »
I might take you up on that! The current branch I have pushed to my git compiled for me, but is entirely untested gameplay wise. You can give it a whirl and see what happens.

Unfortunately for me, at this point in my project the only bugs that are left are the though ones. D:

Ok i am going to take and see what happens nothing new in it right? just all the good stuff :)

Functionality wise seems to be on par with the previous release.

TFTD of course still not working as mentioned before, the mod does not display in the mod list under option. However if the mod has been enabled in UFO even if not listed in TFTD it will display in the game with clear bugs. 

here are some pics i hope that helps if not then i will create a vid for you
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:52:32 am by xracer »