aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 541377 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #885 on: July 25, 2015, 07:17:45 pm »
It's likely that the listOrder values (which orders ufopaedia articles) is what is used to determine what's next when you click the buttons. Now that there is a new section at the end instead of being the 2nd one, those values will have to be adjusted in consequence.

I'll try to update too and provide a new ruleset.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 26, 2015, 07:03:29 pm »
It's likely that the listOrder values (which orders ufopaedia articles) is what is used to determine what's next when you click the buttons. Now that there is a new section at the end instead of being the 2nd one, those values will have to be adjusted in consequence.

I'll try to update too and provide a new ruleset.

Thanks Arthanor, I did a real quick copy/past find/replace when adding that new ufopaedia entry.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 28, 2015, 07:30:34 pm »
Well, I've updated the ruleset with new listOrder entries, starting at 15000 instead of 6000, to move things after UFOs. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to do anything?! I tried moving all the commendations to the UFOs section, and they behaved normally there with listOrder 15000+. Could it be in your implementation of the new section Shoes? It behaves as if the section were between Crafts&Armaments and HWPs.

I've also fixed the section of one of the commendations, which was wrong and preventing it from showing up, and removed the change in STR_XCOM_CRAFT_ARMAMENT, since with the new Commendations section that one isn't changed anymore.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #888 on: July 28, 2015, 08:29:56 pm »
Guys, I'd like to start a new campaign with Commendations (FMP). Can you please tell me if I can use your mod as it is now, or should I wait for the next release?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 28, 2015, 08:41:27 pm »
I think the mod is totally usable. The stat tracking part is fully operational and that's the really important part. The GUI still needs some work, but that should not affect gameplay much.

There are some medals which aren't awarded quite the right way, and some medals will likely be changed, but you can clear the medals from your soldiers and the proper medals will be awarded after their next mission or the end of the month, so it's an easy update.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 28, 2015, 09:05:00 pm »
OK, thanks Arthanor.

One last thing, and it's for Shoes: is the .exe more or less updated with the nightly? There were some changes to the mission code, so I wonder how I should tweak the ruleset.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 29, 2015, 03:57:32 am »
OK, thanks Arthanor.

One last thing, and it's for Shoes: is the .exe more or less updated with the nightly? There were some changes to the mission code, so I wonder how I should tweak the ruleset.

The last .exe is matched with the July 22nd nightly, before the big mission code changes. I don't have time to take a look at the moment, but my code doesn't touch missions beyond fetching names.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 29, 2015, 12:48:57 pm »
The last .exe is matched with the July 22nd nightly, before the big mission code changes. I don't have time to take a look at the moment, but my code doesn't touch missions beyond fetching names.

I guess I'll wait for the integration then, since the mod is already being updated to the latest version. Thanks!

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 29, 2015, 04:49:04 pm »
FudgeDragon did it already. Apparently there were some minor technical issues, but the entire mod is still in the making, so I think it's fair chance that the merged version will be updated regularly.
Wait. What. Where?  :o  :D

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 29, 2015, 05:28:38 pm »
Wait. What. Where?  :o  :D

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1718.msg45954.html#msg45954

I've got that post linked on the original post, but mind you it was last edited June 2nd. Might still be worth a try though!

I guess I'll wait for the integration then, since the mod is already being updated to the latest version. Thanks!

I hope it won't be too long, I am without a computer at the moment!

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 31, 2015, 08:26:14 pm »
If anyone is having problems with the installation, here's the tutorial I did for one confused soul:
https://youtu.be/UpuGyPSEA-g

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 31, 2015, 11:27:59 pm »
Very simple and elegant presentation but I noticed one thing regarding the folders you need from your original steam game. You copied over 13 folders including these four in the first picture. Are these 4 needed just for the soldier diaries or should I've been doing this all along for any variation of openxcom? What I've always been copying over is the 9 in second picture.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 31, 2015, 11:35:22 pm »
I think the 9 you list is sufficient, although the other ones won't hurt. I don't even have some of the 4 extra folders from my installation of the original.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 01, 2015, 11:28:46 am »
Thanks for the Link SolariusScorch!  :)

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 04, 2015, 10:50:30 pm »
It's time for TFTD medals!!! yeah boooyyyyeeee!