aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 542234 times)

Offline Kevloc

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #690 on: February 22, 2015, 07:22:56 pm »
No problem Shoes.   The Nightly zip does work over the Nighties "openxcom_git_master_2015_02_22_0621.zip".   So I'm in business.   Thanks!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 24, 2015, 01:36:16 am »
Watching Ivan's playthough, I got an idea for a new reward.

The "light handed" or "tactful punch" award, to a soldier who manages to stun an alien with a lethal weapon, whereas the order of restraint would be for stunning with a stun weapon.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 04, 2015, 10:05:37 pm »
waiting for shoes to update to latest nightly to use that multi terror mission  system .

Offline NuclearStudent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 13, 2015, 12:31:19 am »
I just wanted to say I had the exact same issue Mrxian and Kevloc had. I had a clean 1.0 install and the legacy build, and the game crashed to desktop when I tried to load a save, start a new game, or start a battle.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 13, 2015, 12:44:14 am »
I didn't have the free time to look at the code like I had hoped. I think I will put up the old Legacy version along side the new one as people have been having problems.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #695 on: March 13, 2015, 12:44:38 am »
I just wanted to say I had the exact same issue Mrxian and Kevloc had. I had a clean 1.0 install and the legacy build, and the game crashed to desktop when I tried to load a save, start a new game, or start a battle.

Sorry to hear that.  If you are willing to go with the Nightly Build, You may have better luck.  I know that I got it running at one point.  And thanks for confirming the difficulty with the legacy build.

Offline NuclearStudent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 13, 2015, 07:08:00 am »
Sorry to hear that.  If you are willing to go with the Nightly Build, You may have better luck.  I know that I got it running at one point.  And thanks for confirming the difficulty with the legacy build.

I don't want to use the Nightly build. I'm wondering if it might be a problem with my resolution problems. The game crashed immediately when I had the 1024 by 800 res.

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 13, 2015, 07:17:16 am »
I get the same crash on startup.  My res is 1440x900. 

I'm also having trouble getting the nightly up and running.  The earliest nightly I can download is 3/3/2015.  I noticed the nightly for this mod is almost a month older than the oldest nightly.  I tried run it, but got some yaml errors with the xcom rules.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 13, 2015, 11:25:18 am »
I was afraid that would happen to the nightly ;p I think Warboy is making a lot of changes so my nightly and the current nightly are different. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to recompile and try it out.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 13, 2015, 11:27:54 am »
that would be great as right now i am using 2 different openxcoms your nightly for stat tracking and latest nightly

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 13, 2015, 04:01:28 pm »
In my current game I'm using the ur mod of 08-02-2015 without any problems but I was wondering if it's possible to widen out the "kills/stuns per mission" screen as any done with mass accelerator weapons don't show fully, see attached pic. Also I'm assuming that improvisation is a general term for taking out an alien by exploding something very near it. Thanks in advance and a great addition to any playthrough.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 13, 2015, 06:54:24 pm »
It's a good suggestion to make that screen bigger, I'll keep it in mind when I dive into the code next time. Also you're right with the improvisation: I have a few catch-all strings like that in the event a stat has no name.

tollworkout: when I do update the .exe, you will be able to transfer your save no problem :)

Offline bloodman123726

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 10, 2015, 09:40:14 pm »
i tried all of the downloads and none of them worked, shame

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 10, 2015, 11:19:38 pm »
Huh, that is a shame. I have been busy lately, but when I have found time to tinker, I was not able to reproduce any "failure to launch" problems. Only a "failure to load a game", and I got no where with that :x

Any details on how things didn't work? Did you make sure you put the DLLs and all that stuff in the right places? (Did you read the readme?)

Offline Cypruss

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 11, 2015, 10:44:19 pm »
Hey Shoes,

First of all, I want to tell you that this is exactly the mod I always envisioned being a part of xcom. Anyway, as I was reading responses from others I can tell you that I have installed everything as well exactly as you dictated with the .dll files. I have years of programming and modding experience and I can't get it to work either. It boots up fine and I enable it inder the options for xcom. My other mods work, just not this one with the latest legacy/nightly mod and utilizing the 1.0 build of openxcom. Once enabled, this mod works fine until I try to start a new game. Crashes directly upon entering the geoscape where I would normally be prompted to choose a location for the base. Windows 7, 64 bit here.

Cypruss