aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 541960 times)

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #585 on: February 09, 2015, 03:23:17 am »
Please let me know how it goes!  I'm considering moving there myself!  ~ Cheers, Ivan :D

First I backed up all my files in case I get the dreaded black void around ship crashing bug. I installed. I did a couple of quick battles of various types of aliens and various type ships including MiB ships/aliens. No black terrain everything works as intended and no crashes. I started a new mission and checke all the ufopedia entries and even clicked randomly from ufopedia list commndations on random awards see if it works that way. I checked soldier records clicked around randomly . Off the bat I noticed they all have a first mission award so I knew it is working.  Then went to do a terror mission. No black void no crash (usually around here would crash). Walked around a bit and abandoned the mission left one guy behind. Checked records again the mission shows up as terrible. So i know the record does workl.  So far . Perfect! YES.

I did notice that there are about 20 or so placeholder WIP medals starting with David or Paris and some question marks ? Which is fine I don't mind that. I noticed there is (or likely will be) a medal about being left behind that did not show up on my soldier I left behind from my terror mission. But the incomplete WIP doesn't bother me again. Im happy it finally works.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #586 on: February 09, 2015, 03:27:53 am »
Great report! Thanks! 

Yeah, I still have a bunch of graphics to make for the rest of the UFOpedias.  There are some wrong punctuations causing the ?Order of David? etc funny issues.  Still have to make a real ribbon for the MIA award too. etc, as the new awards are being incorporated by shoes almost faster than I can keep up. :)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 09, 2015, 03:29:24 am »
Great report! Thanks! 

Yeah, I still have a bunch of graphics to make for the rest of the UFOpedias.  There are some wrong punctuations causing the ?Order of David? etc funny issues.  Still have to make a real ribbon for the MIA award too. etc, as the new awards are being incorporated by shoes almost faster than I can keep up. :)

The work definitely comes in bursts ;p and I can get so much more done when I have someone doing all the art!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #588 on: February 09, 2015, 03:40:53 am »
;)

and... just tried installing the nightly, by copying in and merging the directories...  on top of the old legacy build ... yeah, it no work (crash on launch).  I'll try a fresh install with a nightly, then dropping the soldier diary nightly on top of it.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #589 on: February 09, 2015, 05:52:04 am »
Ok.  I know I'm messing something up.

I bumped back to a clean install of the current nightly (2015-02-08 22:08).   Tested it in new battle.  Fine but for the Lightning I was driving, not having a door that opened (just a wall at the top of the ramp I could walk through).  No worries.

Copied over Soldier Diaries Nightly files over it.   Launched it. Newbattle fine (didn't finish)

However, whenever I try to load a current save, I get an the :"Load Failed:  yaml-ccp error: at line 0, column 0: bad conversion " error message.  This is will all mods off, even commendations. :(

I can load a save from the very beginning of my campaign, where none of the soldiers have combat experience, but nothing newer.

Is there something that changes with the save files ??

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 09, 2015, 12:33:02 pm »
I thought that it was possible to start using this mod in the middle of a game.. but I've never tried it. I'll see if I can find time to look into it.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #591 on: February 09, 2015, 03:19:53 pm »
I ran into the same issue with the new Legacy build.  Its fine for new battles or very early saves, but it won't load any of the late (recent saves).

Fortunately my backup is working fine.  So I may just keep moving forward with a stale build.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 09, 2015, 04:24:37 pm »
Thanks for the info. I have a feeling the mod is trying to load something that mod-less saves simply don't have. It's interesting that it's still able to play very early saves... do the early saves have at least one mission?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #593 on: February 09, 2015, 04:44:36 pm »
I can join an early mission in progress, but no saves after that.

Offline Neo23

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 09, 2015, 08:36:48 pm »
I've been waiting since last year for a new nightly to try this out and now it is finally here.
The waiting was worth it. It is as good as expected and I actually never want to miss this
Mod in my setup again. Great work done Shoes and Ivan (also thank you for the improved HandOB Mod too)!

I created a german translation for you to use. Feel free to add it if you like.
The attached file is copy & paste ready.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 09, 2015, 10:50:13 pm »
I am glad you like it! Any feedback is always appreciated.

Also, I will totally be adding your German translation to the mod, thank you!

edit: Ivan, I tried to recreate a failure to load, but I didn't manage. I tried debugging myself a few wins, passed a month, and was still able to load it all. Could you send me a save that doesn't load?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:16:54 am by Shoes »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #596 on: February 10, 2015, 07:03:37 am »
Okay. Went back the nightly builds and tried rolling back a couple.  I chose one from 2015 02 02.  Merged it into my nightly folder overwriting as I went.  Merged in the Soldier Diaries Nightly build as well.

Loaded early save, it worked like before.  Loaded the next one that normally failed, and Behold!  It loads!  Woot.  Ok, lets try my current save: Crash to Desktop, but thats ok.  The LOG is griping that the terrain doesn't exist!  All I have to do is renable my mods, and (crosses fingers), I should be good to go!

I honestly don't know if it was the 02 08 build, or just me messing up.  Probably the latter, because I couldn't get the new legacy to work either. XD

Derp.  Just the vanilla nightly build loads fine, but the soldier diaries executable doesn't work right.  still having problems with it.   

Edit: Sup's Nightly is like 7 MB, and the Diaries Nightly is 2.9.  Is that because the .dll's are included in Sups?

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:33:21 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #597 on: February 10, 2015, 03:34:32 pm »
New award Idea:
"Globetrotter Award" - Given to soldiers who participate in missions in every region of the globe. 

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 10, 2015, 05:26:39 pm »
Edit: Sup's Nightly is like 7 MB, and the Diaries Nightly is 2.9.  Is that because the .dll's are included in Sups?

I think so. Also, his .exe displays the actual git commit, whereas mine still says 1.0. Not sure why that is.

Offline Goldy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 10, 2015, 06:30:09 pm »
Any idea, why does my game keep crashing to the desktop when starting a new campaign? I have already tried to reinstall it twice and I do not know, where the problem is - according to what I read here, it should work :(
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:34:33 pm by Goldy »