aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 541491 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #570 on: February 04, 2015, 03:13:41 pm »
Okay, cool.  I'll get those into a PR for the ruleset.  Everyone with the link has comment permissions so feel free to leave a comment in the document if you see a spelling error or have any other comment or suggestion.  I can give edit permissions if you like, but I'd need an e-mail address, which you could PM to me.

Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 07, 2015, 07:00:06 am »
this does not work for me. It simply makes the game crash in terror missions and the other missions the transport crafts including alien crafts are surrounded by black no terrain.

I am on windows. But I have a mac as well. Currently using openxcom nightly for windows as it's most compatible  with all mods and most stable. The mac version 1 only half the mods work and the nightly for mac doesn't even run.

I have tried nightly build on windows or mac with or without mods nightly and legacy with legacy or nightly openxcom. It never works with any combinations.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 07:03:11 am by tollworkout »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #572 on: February 07, 2015, 07:11:30 am »
This mod requires a modified .exe.  You are using those from the links in the opening post?  The legacy version is working fine for me.

I am successfully using these other mods as well:

Improved Hand Objects
UpClose Modpack
Commendations Ufopedia
HQ Sounds
Yet More UFO's
Terrain Pack
Incendiary Grenade

Nightly crashes on Terror Missions are due to a change in the map scripting, I believe, and may be an issue with custom map packs.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 07, 2015, 10:47:10 am »
The landing missions start all black around the crafts and when exploring my soldiers fly over the terrain as the terrain is in fact void space (ie no terrain). This is with legacy version. I can still play like this most ufo crash missions but with terror missions the voids black terrain crashes the game.

I got a couple of mods loaded but mods is not the issue. I tried it without mods and fresh install still does this. This custom executable is the only way to get black void space around crafts and terror mission crashes.

I n other words I have been unable to make this mod work ever. T_T

Note I say black void space around crafts because UFOs also have this voidspace around them just as XCOM crafts do. I assume any map like objects added to the map has black space around it.  Seems to me like this executable changes the way craft is applied on a map from vanilla OpenXCom executable. As any version of OpenXCom never does this and no other mod out there does this.  Except one . Thunder replacement for Lighting adds 8 black squares around the craft around the roof but is not walkable terrain is just visual artifact error.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:53:50 am by tollworkout »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 07, 2015, 12:53:26 pm »
The nightly is under going some pretty heavy changes, and I have not been keeping up with them unfortunately. If you're able to download a nightly that's roughly as old as my .exe, then things would work.

I will try and put another build out tonight. If you install the mod half way through an already started game, you won't run into any problems except not having stats for the first part of your campaign.

Alternatively, you can play the milestone/legacy version until I do update the nightly, and then update your game and the mod at the same time.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #575 on: February 07, 2015, 08:35:53 pm »
Some of the new UFOPedia Entries for the New Medals.

Still need to work on the art for the medals for the rest.  Most ribbons have been created and most UFOpedia text strings as well.

Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline Goldy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 07, 2015, 11:05:39 pm »
Hi,

I have an interesting problem with this mod. Every screen works, all statistics work, but commendations behave strangely - whenever there is a chance for someone to get a commendation, all of the operatives get all of possible ones (if not all, I haven't been keeping exact notes). I wasn't sure at the start, but when I realized, that all of my soldiers have a medal, that should be awarded "posthumously", I knew, something is wrong. I've finished one playthrough, disregarding this problem, but when it occured again, I've decided to ask about it.

There is also a "{o}" symbol included in some of the commendation names, where a specific name of race/weapon should be.

I may have made a mistake, when installing this mod. I tried to follow the (not-so-difficult) instructions steb-by-step, but I know myself -.- Is there any advice, you could possibly give me? Thanks in advance.

And on the sidenote - this mod is wonderful, I mean both of its parts (commenadions and ufopedia entries), even if it does not work properly for me. Thank you for your work :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #577 on: February 07, 2015, 11:19:42 pm »
@goldy: what language are you using?

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 07, 2015, 11:20:57 pm »
@goldy: Are you using the 1.0 Legacy version or the nightly? The {0} appearing in front of some commendations means that the commendations are being awarded when they should not be ;p as you probably guessed from living soldiers getting the Order of the Fallen.

You can enable debug mode with ctrl + d, and I think I set ctrl + c as a way to clear all the commendations from all the soldiers. It does not affect stats, so the next mission / end of the month you soldiers would get them all back. Try that out and see if all your soldiers get a butt load of commendations the next debriefing.

If they do get a bunch of them again, all I can advise is that you try to follow the steps a second time? :D

Offline Goldy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 08, 2015, 10:18:16 am »
Shoes: I am using 1.0 legacy version. I tried the debug mode and the problem persisted (they got "a butt load"), so I decided to reinstall the mod again - for this purpose, I downloaded the Legacy version from the first post of this thread (which seems to be newer, than the one I had, with ufopedia entries integrated), I followed the three simple steps again and this time I even cannot get this mod running :( Whenever I try to activate it in the mods menu, I get the "yaml-cpp: error at line 942, column 6: end of map not found" error.

ivandogovich: Am I too obvious as a non-native speaker? XD Nevertheless, I use english (US, I had UK english set before, but some mods have problems with it), only occasionally switching to czech for the purpose of translating some mods. My problem with commendations persists in both, UK and US setting.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #580 on: February 08, 2015, 03:04:47 pm »
ivandogovich: Am I too obvious as a non-native speaker? XD Nevertheless, I use english (US, I had UK english set before, but some mods have problems with it), only occasionally switching to czech for the purpose of translating some mods. My problem with commendations persists in both, UK and US setting.

LOL.  No, your English is impeccable.  I was just wondering if some of this could have been from using another language file. ;)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 08, 2015, 05:30:15 pm »
Goldy, I've updated the 1.0 version of the mod: give it a try. If you're getting "all" the commendations, it could be a problem with the ruleset; either it's in the wrong spot, or was wrongly edited. If you're seeing "STR_MEDAL_MERIT_CROSS_NAME" instead of "Merit Cross", that also indicates a ruleset problem.

edit: Oh yeah, the updated 1.0 also means the nightly has been updated :)

Offline Goldy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 08, 2015, 10:24:11 pm »
Shoes: I think my problems are adding up. I downloaded the upgraded version of commendations and now I am not even able to start a new game to test it. When the problem occured for the first time, it also somehow messed up Hobbes's terrain pack (no idea how and why), which I finally got to work just yesterday  ;D  I then decided to start from scratch and make a completely new install of the game, but even then the problem persists. The game starts all right, I can set up mods (I only copied commendations this time, so I can test it and then probably add others), but when I want to start new campaign, it crashes to desktop.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 09, 2015, 01:59:51 am »
I have tried the new nightly build and it works! FINALLY. The first time I have been able to use this mod. I will let you know any bugs I find.

edit: Thank you! :D

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #584 on: February 09, 2015, 02:31:38 am »
I have tried the new nightly build and it works! FINALLY. The first time I have been able to use this mod. I will let you know any bugs I find.

edit: Thank you! :D

Please let me know how it goes!  I'm considering moving there myself!  ~ Cheers, Ivan :D