aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536452 times)

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #420 on: October 14, 2014, 05:26:25 pm »
That Valiant Crux looks incredible

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 14, 2014, 06:34:07 pm »
ivangodovich, your sapper medal is actually implementable with me adding any more code :3 you should just specify that a HE charge needs to be used on a cyberdisk, sectopod, etc. There is no "race" of robots, so you would either need to list each individually (and add more if you have mods), or use the race STR_LIVE_TERRORIST and include the weird two legged dog creature thing.

Had some problems with one soldier ALWAYS receiving the "Lucky something" award each mission even when doing absolutely nothing. The soldier had a 10-autoshot mini-gun maybe that's causing the problems?

This is with the latest nightly? There is an award given for a lucky shot, which means that you hit your target when it was improbably to do so. It makes sense with the 10-autoshot mini-gun, but if he wasn't firing it... :x

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #422 on: October 14, 2014, 06:49:39 pm »
ivangodovich, your sapper medal is actually implementable with me adding any more code :3 you should just specify that a HE charge needs to be used on a cyberdisk, sectopod, etc. There is no "race" of robots, so you would either need to list each individually (and add more if you have mods), or use the race STR_LIVE_TERRORIST and include the weird two legged dog creature thing.

And already done. ;)  But I would like to verify that this will work as an "or" condition (i.e. a Cyberdisk or a Sectopod).   I went with "BT_GRENADE" because I haven't seen any examples of specifying a weapon.  I've also got the rule for the other two citations, I'm adding as well.

Code: [Select]
commendations:
  - type: STR_MEDAL_SAPPER_NAME
    description: STR_MEDAL_SAPPER_DESCRIPTION
    sprite: 33
    criteria:
      killsWithCriteriaCareer: [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]
    killCriteria:
      -
        1: ["STR_SECTOPOD_TERRORIST", "STR_LIVE_TERRORIST", "STATUS_DEAD", "BT_GRENADE,"]
      -
        1: ["STR_CYBERDISC_TERRORIST", "STR_LIVE_TERRORIST", "STATUS_DEAD", "BT_GRENADE,"]

- type: STR_MELEE_KILL_MEDAL_NAME
    description: STR_MELEE_KILL_MEDAL_DESCRIPTION
    sprite: 34
    criteria:
    killCriteria:
      -
        1: ["DT_MELEE", "FACTION_HOSTILE", "STATUS_DEAD"]
  - type: STR_SECTOPOD_KILL_MEDAL_NAME
    description: STR_SECTOPOD_KILL_MEDAL_DESCRIPTION
    sprite: 35
    criteria:
    killCriteria:
      -
        1: ["STR_SECTOPOD", "FACTION_HOSTILE", "STATUS_DEAD"]
extraStrings:
  - type: en-US
    strings:
     STR_MEDAL_SAPPER_NAME: "Sapper Medal"
     STR_MEDAL_SAPPER_DESCRIPTION: "Given to a soldier who kills a metal foe with a high explosive pack"
     STR_MELEE_KILL_MEDAL_NAME: "Cold Steel Metal"
     STR_MELEE_KILL_MEDAL_DESCRIPTION: "Given to soldiers for melee kills."
     STR_SECTOPOD_KILL_MEDAL_NAME: "Metal Menace Citation"
     STR_SECTOPOD_KILL_MEDAL_DESCRIPTION: "Given to a soldier that kills the most fearsome enemy construct: The Sectopod!"
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 07:06:47 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 14, 2014, 07:17:10 pm »
The syntax looks good in all of them. It's a little redundant to use both the rank and race of a sectopod, as there is only one of each. I also notice you used STR_SECTOPOD and STR_SECTOPOD_TERRORIST. I don't know if one is wrong.

They may not be example of commendations with weapon names, but it can be done! Or even with a specific ammunition type if you so desire ;p Throw "STR_HIGH_EXPLOSIVE" in there and you are done!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #424 on: October 14, 2014, 07:22:50 pm »
Cool. :)  "STR_SECTOPOD_TERRORIST" was what was in the XCOMruleset, so thats what I went with. :)  (Edit: I see what you mean! Thanks!)

And, yeah, I thought about using Damage Type HE, but wanted to exclude Rockets, and Tanks, etc for the Sapper.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:33:39 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 15, 2014, 12:15:44 am »
ivandogovich, is your ufopedia code hosted anywhere or are these all mockups? I've begun poking around the ufopedia source code to add these pages to my mod. If you could link me your material, I could start working on it this week :3

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #426 on: October 15, 2014, 12:59:46 am »
I've been building the ruleset and resources on my Home PC>  let me see what I can do to get you a copy. :)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 15, 2014, 01:49:49 am »
You don't have to upload every distinct art asset, just as long as I have one in the format you are using and what not.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #428 on: October 15, 2014, 02:06:11 am »
Just pm'ed you the link. 

I tried fiddling with the item order value to try to order them in the Ufopedia, but I'm not sure it ever worked.   I don't know if my item number range in the 3000s is out of scale or not.

Also, while we are thinking about it... I don't know how hard it would be to code, but it would be cool if we could set it up to show only those awards that have been issued. 

On the otherhand, by having all of them listed, a player could more easilly see what the requirements are, and what they need to do to get them.

Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #429 on: October 15, 2014, 02:46:17 am »
I'm all for hiding the not-yet-acquired medals; the complete list can be found online for the overly curious. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #430 on: October 15, 2014, 10:47:33 am »
I've done the first conversion, I believe it looks better (and the quality will differ more radically in most other medals). It took me an hour of work, 95% of which was trying to decipher Ivan's .psd files :) I'll do the others once I receive medal models in a comprehensible form (every PS user works differently, it's only natural), else it'd take me days :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 15, 2014, 11:54:42 am »
...and The Sapper Medal ( a new award that I have developed)

Well, Cyberdiscs usually succumb to 1 or 2 HE packs... but Sectopods will survive a lot more (I'd say you'll need about 10 HE packs to kill a Sectopod, although I never tried it)... they are resistant to explosives, have better armour (especially under armour) and tons of HP.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #432 on: October 15, 2014, 02:57:31 pm »
I've done the first conversion, I believe it looks better (and the quality will differ more radically in most other medals). It took me an hour of work, 95% of which was trying to decipher Ivan's .psd files :) I'll do the others once I receive medal models in a comprehensible form (every PS user works differently, it's only natural), else it'd take me days :)

I don't know what voodoo magic you have used but that looks awesome!  If you can show me how you did it, it would take me minutes. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #433 on: October 15, 2014, 03:39:12 pm »
Unfortunately I can't since there's no magic trick, it just takes skill in fine-tuning hue/saturation prior to conversion and NOT PASTING OVER :P I assure you, your method of work is black magic to me as well :) So you can either train to acquire that skill or leave it in my hands.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #434 on: October 15, 2014, 03:52:02 pm »
Yeah, I would love to train to acquire that skill.   I'm not sure where hue and saturation are impacting the indexing conversion.  That conversion is always so destructive for me, that I can't seem to figure out how to make it look any better.  If i desaturate, I can get a beautiful, completely white indexed image, but that doesn't seem to be a useful skill. XD