aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536415 times)

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #390 on: October 09, 2014, 10:48:09 am »
A idea a scree wit the real soldier. Clothes of gale and the real medals put in the clothes

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline CryptoCactus

• Sergeant
  • oh god how did this get here
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 09, 2014, 08:44:21 pm »
Did you realize a significant number of string definitions are missing from your nightly build for en-US and en-GB?

Easily solved by just copying over the missing ones from the legacy/1.0 build, but still.

Also, this is an effing great mod. :p

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 09, 2014, 11:29:03 pm »
Did you realize a significant number of string definitions are missing from your nightly build for en-US and en-GB?

Easily solved by just copying over the missing ones from the legacy/1.0 build, but still.

It's been a while since I dug deep, but I think it's because I ported some of the strings to the xcom ruleset, in anticipation of getting my work merged.

Thanks for the heads up :3

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #393 on: October 11, 2014, 06:49:49 am »
The latest:
Base Defense Medal and Prowler Cross (Trap Kill Medal)

I've also started three new medals:

Sapper Medal: for blowing up CyberDiscs and Sectopods with Grenades/HE Packs
Cold Steel Metal:  for Melee Kills
Metal Menace Citation: For each Sectopod Kill

(I'm working up the ruleset and graphics to add these in, but initially, it will be a small standalone add-on mod).

Cheers, Ivan :)
P.S.  - I'll be on school break for a week and won't be around as much. :/

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 11, 2014, 11:33:05 am »

Ok someone beat me at posting this  :D

And yes: Great mod!

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 11, 2014, 01:44:51 pm »
Oh right, if I updated the xcom1 ruleset I would kind of have to add that to the mod too... instead I just added the lines back to the commendations ruleset.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/234369005/OXC/10112014Nightly.zip

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #396 on: October 11, 2014, 01:48:55 pm »
Awesome designs Ivan! I love your idea, and these medals are really well-though of and gloriously looking. The more I am sad that your Photoshop conversion skills do not give full credit to these designs. I believe I could do a better conversion to UFO format if you provided the original files?

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 11, 2014, 05:03:30 pm »
Awesome designs Ivan! I love your idea, and these medals are really well-though of and gloriously looking. The more I am sad that your Photoshop conversion skills do not give full credit to these designs.

I was thinking the same thing. It would be a tricky thing though. You would want to keep the dithering on the background and parts of the cloth texture while keeping the metal free of dithering to give it that shiny look.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #398 on: October 11, 2014, 06:37:22 pm »
Yeah, definitely the dithered background looks nice. For the cloth, I have mixed feelings - some of it looks good, some doesn't; certainly the green dots don't. Metal parts definitely need clean conversion though :)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 12, 2014, 05:05:14 pm »
Btw, did you add the STR_HEAVY_WEAPONS_UC string for the tanks and other units? (dogs, tanks etc) In my edit I translated it into "Support-Unit" so dog and tank both were ok  ;D

I really like this mod, started a new campaign now and it really is a great tool. I didn't expect that I browsed so often and long through my soldier's dossiers when I installed it, but now after very mission, the ifrst thing I do after replenishing my ammo is to read the dossiers! Rerally nice addition to the game.  :)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 12, 2014, 05:29:22 pm »
I added "STR_HEAVY_WEAPONS_UC" so that I could use HWP's full name. If you create an entirely new unit like a dog, and it's not considered a HWP by the source code, I am not sure where it will fall in the commendations logic... if it is considered a HWP, then your dog will be called a HWP... unless you rename the string to "support unit" like you say, or "non-payroll combatant" ;p

ivandogovich, I've fixed the Nike Cross medal being given when you kill an alien an then abort -- it is now only given if you win a mission. That should fix that. I've also fixed commendations that "skip" levels but were not skipping properly. I tried installing the combat knife mod but I was getting errors with the .wav file. Do you have a link to a working one?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 05:32:14 pm by Shoes »

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 12, 2014, 05:31:35 pm »
The attack dog mod uses no name and it seems to default to that string. Support-Unit works fine!  :)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 12, 2014, 05:43:42 pm »
Come to think of it, it's going to be a little more complicated than that... I am going to look into making it more moddable by making the source code check to see if there is a rank/race, and if not then go with the generic strings.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #403 on: October 12, 2014, 05:55:11 pm »
ivandogovich, I've fixed the Nike Cross medal being given when you kill an alien an then abort -- it is now only given if you win a mission. That should fix that. I've also fixed commendations that "skip" levels but were not skipping properly. I tried installing the combat knife mod but I was getting errors with the .wav file. Do you have a link to a working one?

Thanks for that fix, Shoes!
I'm still getting other erroneous Nikes. :( sometimes multiple soldier get them during a mission. ( of course this is not with your updated code. )  I have been looking at your code (and the ruleset ) and could never find where it was defined.  That and valiant cross, and ironman... Can you point me to where they are in the code? i.e. file and line number?

https://www.openxcom.com/mod/upclose-modpack/download/ed08efa5

^^ here is a link to the updated combat knife ... if the sound doesn't work, here. I'll try to re-package it. :)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 12, 2014, 06:26:30 pm »
Line 199 of DebriefingState.cpp for Valiant Crux.

Line 278 of DebriefingState.cpp for Nike Cross.

Line 661 of DebriefingState.cpp for Iron Man.

As for the combat knife, I get the following error : ".../KnifeSlice.wav:Mix_LoadWAV_RW with NULL src". Any idea what that means? Despite my modding openxcom, I've never actually installed any mods :x
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 06:53:26 pm by Shoes »