aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536516 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #270 on: July 19, 2014, 05:36:22 pm »
Awesome. Now you mentioned at one point that the "winning a mission with one soldier" commendation wasn't working; I haven't looked into it, but it very well could be. Do you know of any other commendations that are wonky?

I'll test if the last version still has that bug about the "winning a mission with one soldier". I'm currently playing a new game and I'm keeping an eye to see if everything is working and I'll let you know if I find anymore bugs :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 21, 2014, 12:22:59 am »
Just noticed something peculiar. After a Terror Site that took place at dawn (right after sun came up) two my of my veteran soldiers got the Longest Night Ribbon, third award, but the rookies didn't receive it as first award.

edit: now I've gotten the Longest Night Ribbon, 3rd award, notice twice appearing for the soldiers at the end of the month. Something's definitely bugged here.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:30:45 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #272 on: July 21, 2014, 01:23:51 am »
Suggestion. After completing the mission, after the debriefing screen. You should add some immersion text saying, "commendation ceremony at 0200 hours, wear grey formal uniforms" yadda yadda. Also for dead companions ;_; should make a screen of the ones that didn't make it back. similar text, wear blue uniforms and I don't know, click ok, and back to the geoscape. After that nothing else happens.

I got the idea after playing the new Wing Commander Saga standalone, some guy died during the second mission, and I love the profession script they have in these old space sims, very realistic and immersing.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 21, 2014, 03:46:13 pm »
I will look into the award level thing. I hacked something together to allow skipped decoration levels,  maybe I overlooked something.

I will also think of a way to add some flavor text if I can. Would be nice :3

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 21, 2014, 09:14:45 pm »
Meanwhile I just completed a mission using only a single soldier (no HWPs also) and he didn't receive the Iron Man award (but he did receive the Nike Cross).

Offline essohbe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 23, 2014, 04:41:05 am »
So does this mod work yet? It just crashes my game every time I tried to install it. How are you guys using it? AFAIK it won't work with 1.0

Offline the_third_curry

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 23, 2014, 06:40:35 am »
So does this mod work yet? It just crashes my game every time I tried to install it. How are you guys using it? AFAIK it won't work with 1.0

It works with 1.0 for me. Are you using a nightly?

Offline Elyseon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 23, 2014, 09:50:26 pm »
As of late, the mod seems to be causing a crash at the end of a mission. Switching between the nightly build and the Legacy Debug version produces the same result. Also, the download link from the mod page itself seems to be broken.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:55:00 pm by Elyseon »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 23, 2014, 10:02:06 pm »
Meanwhile I just completed a mission using only a single soldier (no HWPs also) and he didn't receive the Iron Man award (but he did receive the Nike Cross).

I think I found the error in the logic; I will be updating the .exe soon enough! You will have to retry a mission to get the award though; the stat itself failed to be recorded.

Offline Elyseon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 23, 2014, 10:25:54 pm »
While you're at it, you may want to consider renaming that particular award to Rambo Medal (or Chuck Norris?)  :P A mission done with just one soldier? That's 80s movie hardcore.

EDIT: Upon finding a build of the mod that wouldn't crash the game at the end of the mission, the game promptly went crazy and gave my troops ALL OF THE MEDALS!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:20:24 am by Elyseon »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 24, 2014, 01:16:08 am »
EDIT: Upon finding a build of the mod that wouldn't crash the game at the end of the mission, the game promptly went crazy and gave my troops ALL OF THE MEDALS!

Be sure to use the build appropriate for the version of the game you play. If you're playing 1.0, use the Legacy version. If you want to reset the commendations, enable debug mode in geoscape (ctrl+d) and then clear commendations (ctrl+c). An old version of my mod had that issue, but it should be fixed now ...

As for the rambo medal, maybe I could add a medal that gets awarded if you're alone, you kill all the aliens, using only rifles and grenades, in the jungle tileset. At night? I only ever watched the first 15 minutes of the first movie ;p

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 24, 2014, 01:21:22 am »
I think I found the error in the logic; I will be updating the .exe soon enough! You will have to retry a mission to get the award though; the stat itself failed to be recorded.

Nice. :) Did you manage to find the error on the Longest Night as well?

Offline Elyseon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 24, 2014, 03:26:17 am »
Be sure to use the build appropriate for the version of the game you play. If you're playing 1.0, use the Legacy version. If you want to reset the commendations, enable debug mode in geoscape (ctrl+d) and then clear commendations (ctrl+c). An old version of my mod had that issue, but it should be fixed now ...

As for the rambo medal, maybe I could add a medal that gets awarded if you're alone, you kill all the aliens, using only rifles and grenades, in the jungle tileset. At night? I only ever watched the first 15 minutes of the first movie ;p

Still testing and trying to see if I can get one of the Legacy builds to work properly again. The weird thing is, I'm pretty sure it was doing just fine last time I played. Anyway, here's the error I keep getting when trying to download from the mod page itself.

THERE WAS AN ERROR
The page you requested was not found. Please try again.

DISABLED: TEMPORARY PAGE

I'm going to see if I can get the debug mode to clear things up, and I'll chime in with the results.

EDIT: OK, I'm using version 1.0, and managed to do a little testing using a zip with the Legacy build of the mod. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't seem to get debug mode to activate. Also, the only legacy version the site is letting me download right now is the 0.92 one. All the others give me that error message above and the nightly gives me that mission crash.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:49:19 am by Elyseon »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 24, 2014, 04:02:21 pm »
Here is a direct link to my dropbox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/234369005/OXC/07182014%20Legacy%20Debug.zip

You may need to enable debug mode in your config file before being able to use it in the game... I think

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 24, 2014, 04:34:01 pm »
Shoes, I'm starting to suspect that there is something wrong in the mod which is causing the game to crash to desktop. Last night I was playing a mission on Farm terrain and when I killed the last alien and finished tactical the game crashed without a reason.

This hasn't been the first unexplained crash I had lately but while before it was possible that it had to do with my terrain pack, last night I had confirmation that it most likely isn't related with the terrain pack and the most probable suspect now is the Commendations mod.