aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536789 times)

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #240 on: July 09, 2014, 04:10:23 pm »
I see this morning a update, this afternoong no is present. Why??

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 09, 2014, 05:04:32 pm »
I see this morning a update, this afternoong no is present. Why??

Some forum members are running into problems with it, so I took it down. It's still on the main page of this one, though it says it's broken. Try at your own risk! :D

I'm going to disable all mods except yours and start a new game to see what happens. I will try also disabling the other mods from my previous game as you requested before saving, although I'm not sure how the game will act without the other mods.

I thought about it, and I don't think you can disable mods before loading, so my request may be impossible to fulfill. However, I have a hypothesis! I think the faulty modular medals are to blame for the current ones not working. I am going to add a debug option to clear a soldier's commendations, and then the next mission/end of month he will get them all back. If he still gets {0}s, then we know something is up. Otherwise, we can assume that my hypothesis was correct!

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 09, 2014, 05:05:51 pm »
Ok. Thx and i wait to stable version. Thx a lot

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 09, 2014, 05:26:12 pm »
I thought about it, and I don't think you can disable mods before loading, so my request may be impossible to fulfill. However, I have a hypothesis! I think the faulty modular medals are to blame for the current ones not working. I am going to add a debug option to clear a soldier's commendations, and then the next mission/end of month he will get them all back. If he still gets {0}s, then we know something is up. Otherwise, we can assume that my hypothesis was correct!

OK, meanwhile I started a game only using your mod and I had a ton of decorations (Black Cross for everybody again) plus the {0} ones. Do you still need the save file? And do you want the pre-mission save or the after mission?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:33:52 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 09, 2014, 06:02:47 pm »
OK, meanwhile I started a game only using your mod and I had a ton of decorations (Black Cross for everybody again) plus the {0} ones. Do you still need the save file? And do you want the pre-mission save or the after mission?

Give me both why not. Are you using the Legacy version? I am compiling a version with a debug option that removes commendations to have them re-awarded. After this mess is sorted out, you will be able to re-award your commendations to your soldiers, taking out all the bugged ones ;p

Here is a debug legacy version : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/234369005/OXC/Legacy%20Debug.zip

Press Ctrl+D in the geoscape, and then Ctrl+C to delete all commendations. Let me know if the bad ones keep coming back.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:10:51 pm by Shoes »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 09, 2014, 06:13:48 pm »
Give me both why not. Are you using the Legacy version? I am compiling a version with a debug option that removes commendations to have them re-awarded. After this mess is sorted out, you will be able to re-award your commendations to your soldiers, taking out all the bugged ones ;p

Here is a debug legacy version : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/234369005/OXC/Legacy%20Debug.zip

Press Ctrl+D in the geoscape, and then Ctrl+C to delete all commendations. Let me know if the bad ones keep coming back.

The saves are attached and they're both for legacy. I'll try the debug version.

EDIT: Just tried the debug version you posted, did Ctrl+D and Ctrl+C to delete the commendations. They were deleted but I took the squad for a couple missions and I still get the {0}s, plus everyone got Man of Steel, which only 1 of them had, plus the same for other decorations. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:28:59 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 09, 2014, 07:25:16 pm »
The saves are attached and they're both for legacy. I'll try the debug version.

EDIT: Just tried the debug version you posted, did Ctrl+D and Ctrl+C to delete the commendations. They were deleted but I took the squad for a couple missions and I still get the {0}s, plus everyone got Man of Steel, which only 1 of them had, plus the same for other decorations.

Good news! I can reproduce your "soldiers are so awesome, give them all the awards!" bug, so now I can start figuring out what the heck is going on :)

edit: I think I found the problem. Only like half of my new code got moved over to the Legacy version of the mod, so there are 16 commendations whose criteria are being looked at incorrectly. Those are probably the ones getting handed out.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:02:22 pm by Shoes »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 09, 2014, 08:59:51 pm »
Good news! I can reproduce "your soldiers are so awesome, give them all the awards!" bug

That isn't a bug - of course my soldiers are awesome ;)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 10, 2014, 04:58:58 am »
That isn't a bug - of course my soldiers are awesome ;)

I think this fixes the issues: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/234369005/OXC/Legacy%20Debug.zip

Give it a try, clear your commendations with the debug and see what happens! I also added two new commendations while I was at it (one for alien base assault missions) ;p and updated the Prowler Cross description.

Offline ibanix

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 10, 2014, 09:23:51 am »
I tried the most recent upload and it hasn't fixed my problem; everyone still gets every medal. I cleared the medals via the debug option first.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 10, 2014, 03:07:59 pm »
I tried the most recent upload and it hasn't fixed my problem; everyone still gets every medal. I cleared the medals via the debug option first.

Did you try the one I linked in my above post? That ones difference from the one on the front page. Or at least it should be :x

If not, try this : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/234369005/OXC/071022014%20Legacy%20Debug.zip

That one has the new sprites for the new commendations; I forgot to add them last time :x
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:28:38 pm by Shoes »

Offline ibanix

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 10, 2014, 05:04:33 pm »
I was using this one:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/234369005/OXC/Legacy%20Debug.zip

I'll try the other one shortly.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 10, 2014, 05:15:39 pm »
Did you try the one I linked in my above post? That ones difference from the one on the front page. Or at least it should be :x

If not, try this : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/234369005/OXC/071022014%20Legacy%20Debug.zip

That one has the new sprites for the new commendations; I forgot to add them last time :x

Just tried this version and the bugs are still there (the {0} and getting a ton of decorations). I activated the debug mode, did Ctrl D and Ctrl C, went to a terror site and lift off at the 1st round.

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 14, 2014, 06:24:30 pm »
If this could get stabilized, its worth putting in the build so you don't have to keep updating after various nightlies.

Offline the_third_curry

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 14, 2014, 10:36:23 pm »
If this could get stabilized, its worth putting in the build so you don't have to keep updating after various nightlies.

I agree. Having to continuously update for nightlies that don't even affect the functions of the mod has to get old after a while. Unfortunately, merging it with the build might would take some of the creative freedom of the mod out of Shoes' hands.