Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536469 times)

Offline ibanix

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #225 on: July 08, 2014, 08:04:48 am »
What kinda of criteria you'll use?

There should be awards for finishing a mission without getting anyone killed or wounded (but requires at least one alien kill). Awards for killing more aliens than soldiers (not HWPs) brought on a mission (you brought 10 guys, 10+ aliens). Award for a successful alien base assault.

Just a few ideas.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 08, 2014, 06:03:50 pm »
Other "commander" commendations would be total money, having lots of highly decorated soldiers, keeping civilian casualties low, keeping all countries happy or something. I don't plan on doing any of that stuff soon though; I would rather perfect the current state of the mod and get it merged into the game base :3

So I posted new zip files; these should be more straight forward to install! Modular medals should work now, and I will tweaked a lot of the criteria for medals. I did not get around to adding a "Alien Base Assault" medal.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 08, 2014, 06:39:46 pm »
So I posted new zip files; these should be more straight forward to install! Modular medals should work now, and I will tweaked a lot of the criteria for medals. I did not get around to adding a "Alien Base Assault" medal.

Thanks. I've already tried it and after the medals updated after a mission, the modular medals weren't correctly updated. my top soldier got this:

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 08, 2014, 07:06:15 pm »
Dang, I will look into why the name of the weapon wasn't saved.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 08, 2014, 08:08:18 pm »
I've been looking at the ruleset.

I got no clue of whatever is required to get this medal. I don't know if it was kept vague on propose.
     STR_MEDAL_IRON_MAN_NAME: "Iron Man"
     STR_MEDAL_IRON_MAN_DESCRIPTION: "Given to a soldier who is truly an Iron Man or Iron Woman."

This one I'm imagining that it is related with prox mines:
     STR_MEDAL_TRAP_NAME: "Prowler Cross"
     STR_MEDAL_TRAP_DESCRIPTION: "Given to a soldier for demonstrating keen tactical sense."

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 08, 2014, 09:11:02 pm »
Iron Man is given to a soldier who goes on a mission alone and wins. I used to have 1 through 10 awards of it, but settled for a one time triple gold star award ;p

Prowler Cross is for killing an enemy on the enemies turn using grenades or proximity mines. The intent was to reward setting traps, but I wasn't sure how to convey that properly through the description without sounding too weird. I thought that setting traps was a good indicator of someone having a keen tactical sense.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 08, 2014, 09:26:39 pm »
Can update for last nighly???

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 08, 2014, 09:28:28 pm »
Iron Man is given to a soldier who goes on a mission alone and wins. I used to have 1 through 10 awards of it, but settled for a one time triple gold star award ;p

That was my suspicion but my top soldier failed to receive it after recovering a Medium Scout on his own, so I reloaded the game, brought him and 2 rookies to the UFO and got him a Star of Valor instead. ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #233 on: July 08, 2014, 10:06:47 pm »
I thought that setting traps was a good indicator of someone having a keen tactical sense.

Sorry, but tactical sense brings many things to my mind before traps get a mention. It is a very broad thing.

How about: "Given to a soldier for demonstrating mastery of the battleground" or "Given to a soldier for demonstrating exceptional use of terrain"? Neither is perfect, but I think both are more related to mines.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 09, 2014, 02:18:11 am »
Thanks. I've already tried it and after the medals updated after a mission, the modular medals weren't correctly updated. my top soldier got this:

I tried testing more thoroughly: new game and giving a soldier 20 kills without a commendation, but neither reproduced the error you got. I know the source of it: the commendation did not get a weapon name or anything attached to it. Do you know which weapon it was supposed to be for? Does it happen to more than one soldier? Does the award continue to get awarded each mission?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 09, 2014, 03:05:48 am »
I tried testing more thoroughly: new game and giving a soldier 20 kills without a commendation, but neither reproduced the error you got. I know the source of it: the commendation did not get a weapon name or anything attached to it. Do you know which weapon it was supposed to be for? Does it happen to more than one soldier? Does the award continue to get awarded each mission?

I've posted pics on a previous post and the commendations that he is missing (Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle and Heavy Plasma).

That guy is currently wounded for 17 days but I'll play a bit more to see what happens and get back to you later.

Offline ibanix

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 09, 2014, 03:10:43 am »
I just upgraded. At the end of my mission (10 guys, 1 HWP vs 3 Ethereals, Large Scout), ALL of my soldiers got the following medals:

* Black Cross
* Bolt's Cross
* {0} Campaign Ribbon
* Performance Citation
* Defender Medal
* Order of the Hammer
* Greanadier's Medal
* Inferno Star
* Longest Night
* Man of Steel
* Medal of Heroism
* Merit Star
* Military Cross
* Order of Earth
* Order of Glory
* Order of Restraint

and so on - I think every medal possible.

My save file is attached.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 09, 2014, 03:42:45 am »
I just completed a mission. All of my soldiers got a ton of decorations, including these ones:
* {0} Campaign Ribbon (this is exactly what appeared, no weapon attributed)
* {0} Xenocide Medal (same as above)
* {0} Proficiency Medal (same as above)

In some cases the soldier wasn't even supposed to get a medal, i.e. 1 soldier has the Heavy Plasma Proficiency and now received a {0} Proficiency Medal but he made nearly all kills with the Heavy Plasma.

EDIT: I started a new game and after the first mission I got a ton of achievements for all my soldiers that they were not supposed to get, including the {0} ones.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:41:54 am by Hobbes »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 09, 2014, 03:24:34 pm »
I am at a loss, I just started a new game, turned on some other mods, and I am not getting flooded with medals. The {0} ones worry the me the most, but I am not seeing them.

ibanix, I made a lot of the commendations easier to get, so a first time burst of medals isn't necessarily a bug... but the {0} ones definitely are. But I can't figure out how they keep hapenning.

You guys are playing with a lot of mods (shouldn't be the culprit), but could you make a copy of your save, open it up, and then turn off all the mods except commendations? I am not able to test your saves with all the mods on them.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 09, 2014, 03:44:04 pm »
I am at a loss, I just started a new game, turned on some other mods, and I am not getting flooded with medals. The {0} ones worry the me the most, but I am not seeing them.

ibanix, I made a lot of the commendations easier to get, so a first time burst of medals isn't necessarily a bug... but the {0} ones definitely are. But I can't figure out how they keep hapenning.

You guys are playing with a lot of mods (shouldn't be the culprit), but could you make a copy of your save, open it up, and then turn off all the mods except commendations? I am not able to test your saves with all the mods on them.

On the new game I got the Black Cross (surviving friendly fire) for all of my soldiers even though I can't recall any occasions of friendly fire.

I'm going to disable all mods except yours and start a new game to see what happens. I will try also disabling the other mods from my previous game as you requested before saving, although I'm not sure how the game will act without the other mods.