Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 544519 times)

Offline the_third_curry

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2014, 08:24:50 pm »
The Xenocide medals should work against modded aliens too :)

Thanks! When OXC starts TFTD support, I will make sure my mod still works with it too.

Great. I'm hoping to do a playthrough with this mod, Solarius Scorch's expanded armory, and shoes' new aliens. And perhaps a few others as well; it's really impressive how many interesting mods this game had even before there was 1.0 release.

Offline wsmithjr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2014, 05:07:09 am »
Really like the mod.  Thanks for the work on it.  Is there somewhere you can see all the various types of medals you can earn.  I know they don't mean anything, but they're pretty cool.  I'll admit I haven't checked every page of this thread, so I apologize if they're listed within.

That said, I think I'm having a problem with the mod.  I can't replicate the problem with a standing OXC 1.0 install.  Even with all mods disabled, however, I can replicate it with the Commendations exe.

If you start a "New Battle" from the main menu and then get to the battlescape and Abort the Mission, the game crashes.  It's consistent though I haven't checked every single configuration of options in the battle setup screen.  I have a bunch of mods installed, but all of them are disabled so shouldn't be interfering, correct?

Anyway, I know you normally wouldn't just abort a mission.  I found it because I wanted to check what graphics for used for some of the weapons with various mods.  Not a big deal, but if it is related to your mod, thought you'd want to know.

Thanks again for a great mod.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2014, 04:49:32 pm »
I will look into that crash, it's probably something silly that I forgot to consider.

If you to see the list of commendations, you can look in the ruleset for all their names, description, the criteria to get them, etc etc. The sprites are in the Resources folder as well.. I don't have any in game screenshots of a soldier with all the commendations, but it's something that can be done by modifying the save file.

Also, if you do go digging into the ruleset and think of good commendations to be added, let me know :3

Offline the_third_curry

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2014, 09:49:34 pm »
My game has started to crash from losing or aborting new battles. The problem doesn't clear up when I disable the mod.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2014, 10:20:25 pm »
My game has started to crash from losing or aborting new battles. The problem doesn't clear up when I disable the mod.

Since the mod contains an exe, it's not enough to disable it; you would have to return the original executable file and any files you may have overwritten.

Offline the_third_curry

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2014, 12:31:36 am »
I forgot to mention, it crashes in new battles only. During a campaign, everything still works fine.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2014, 04:24:07 am »
I've found the cause of the crash : in a new battle, there is no "race" associated with the mission, so when I try and track what race you are fighting... well, crash.

I have not updated the mod yet as I am a little busy and this is a pretty minor ordeal ;p It is likely tomorrow I will have it updated.

Offline the_third_curry

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2014, 07:29:45 am »
The problem with New Battle is gone now. I played a brief campaign (about the first two-and-a-half months) and it looks like this mod works perfectly with robin's aliens/MIB and Solarius' weapons. Excellent flexibility.

The only problem I encountered was a minor one when some moders named the UFO something too long to fit in the space allotted (see picture.) However, the stat tracker still lists the number, so it's no big deal. This is definitely one of my favorite mods.

Offline Souljah1214

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2014, 11:30:50 am »
Hi! Im still waiting this mod to be compatible with the 1.0 eagerly.... and i was thinking... cant we just merge this gem with the future versions of OXC?

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2014, 01:38:08 pm »
As you can see I am a little slow getting some updates out ;p so I wouldn't want to shift the burden of maintaining the code from me to them by merging it. Once this gets thoroughly played, and once I get the code under the hood up to their standards, they will consider merging it.

I heard there might be an issue with base defense missions; if someone could confirm that or post a saved game, that would be very helpful.

I've updated the download links with a freshly compiled version of the mod too!

Offline Renegado

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2014, 05:49:03 pm »
I've been playing the campaign with this mod and the only issue I could find regarding base defense is that is listed as "Undisclosed Location" in the Mission Stats page.

Anyway I've attached a savegame in my post with a base defense mission with a single alien left just so you can check it out.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2014, 05:52:16 pm »
Ha, that's funny. "Undisclosed Locations" are used in the case that something went wrong and there _the UFO_ has no location. In this case however, I probably forgot to fetch the base location. This is an easy fix, however you will have to modify your save file if you don't want to see that location anymore, even after I fix that issue.

Offline the_third_curry

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2014, 06:16:13 pm »
I've been playing the campaign with this mod and the only issue I could find regarding base defense is that is listed as "Undisclosed Location" in the Mission Stats page.

X-com facilities are so secret that not even X-com knows where they're at.

niculinux

« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2014, 12:20:58 pm »
Sice the mod uses its own .exe files, that  means it won't work under linux, right? :/

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2014, 12:53:51 pm »
There's a link to the git branch so you can compile it yourself, but you're right, I have never tested it and do not provide and pre-compiled linux version :(