Author Topic: [WEAPON] alloy ammo  (Read 30154 times)

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
Re: [WEAPON] alloy ammo
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2015, 11:22:16 am »
Hi DanosP,

thanks and please, use and modify the mod however you want. I'm sure others will appreciate the integration of sniper rifle alloy ammo. Just make sure it doesn't cause any trouble if the alloy ammo mod is used without the sniper rifle mod... :)

Offline DanosP

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2015, 12:00:12 am »
Hi,

I finished integration of sniper rifle into Alloy Ammo mod files.

I used graphics from toshiaki2115 sniper rifle mod, rulesets from Final Mod Pack and of course files from moriarty's Alloy Ammo mod.

Recommended settings:
- TFTD manufacture rules
- Sneaky AI
- UFO Extender accuracy

Optional settings:
- Explosion height:3
- TFTD Damage Formula

I use the "modified" mod with following mods:

Acid weaponry
Air combat rebalanced
AlienArmouryExpanded
AlienArmouryExpanded UFOs
Aliens Pick Up Weapons
AlloyCrafts
Alloy Tanks
BirdOfPrey
CraftMissileSound
DOS Version 1.0 Sounds
Enforcer
Heavy Laser Rebalance
Laser Clips (my favourite!)
LaserSectopod
LaserRifleRecolor
Mechtoids
PowerArmorReb
PowerSuitHelmOff
RecycledAlienCollection
Retaliator
Sniper DD
Tank
Thunder
TinyResearchMod
ViperAssaultCannon
anthropod alien
armored vest
gazer alien

Ufopaedia entry below:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:07:20 am by DanosP »

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2015, 04:20:37 pm »
I guess a mod containing alloy ammo AND sniper rifle is somewhat beyond what I was trying to do with the alloy ammo mod. maybe it would make more sense to add the necessary dependencies for alloy sniper ammunition to the sniper rifle mod? if done correctly, the sniper rifle mod will be unchanged unless the alloy ammo mod is also active.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2015, 06:24:54 pm »
Yes, you can add the optional alloy ammo for any weapon, in the relevant weapon's ruleset :
1) In "manufacture:", add "requires:\n      - STR_ALLOY_AMMO"
2) In "ufopedia", add "requires:\n      - STR_ALLOY_AMMO"

Offline DanosP

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2015, 11:14:58 pm »
Hi,

Thank you for suggestions. I added sniper rifle to Alloy Ammo mod because there are rifle, cannon, autocannon already. Integrating sniper rifle seemed logical.

Yes, I know it may be standalone mod, and it can be done that way. I try this way if time allows.

After some debugging there are the files:

- Sniper_Std.rul - ruleset file, copy it to data/Ruleset
- SniperRifle folder - resources, copy it to data/Resources folder

Enable it in the Mod Menu.

I changed manufacture rules. The Sniper HE clip needs Alloys, sniper rifle clip and AC HE clip.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:17:24 pm by DanosP »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2015, 08:48:52 pm »
The rifle, autocannon and heavy cannon are just copy and paste of the vanilla ruleset though. In fact, they should not contain all the properties for them, but only the ammunition changes. The Craft Alloy Cannon is there because craft weapons can currently only use one type of ammo, so if you want to be consistent and allow crafts to have an alloy ammo weapon, it needs an entirely new weapon. You can't just add alloy ammo to the old cannon.

A sniper rifle mod that contains resources to have alloy ammo IF the alloy ammo mod is there (but not in the absence of alloy ammo) is indeed possible and preferable. This mod adds alloy ammo, the sniper rifle mod adds a sniper rifle and its ammo, everything is self contained and there is no clutter or megamod. The sniper rifle mod just needs to reference the research project for alloy ammo for the sniper rifle alloy clip.

It would be a good thing to package and distribute your contribution as an updated sniper rifle mod (with credits). Or look into a mod collections like the FMP or the XAE which already have alloy ammo for sniper rifles.