Author Topic: Craft Repair  (Read 13166 times)

Offline MFive

• Captain
  • Lazy Sectoid
    • View Profile
Craft Repair
« on: September 03, 2013, 12:51:55 am »
It would be cool if we could repair our craft with engineers to get them back up faster, maybe our super damaged avengers would not take so long to repair then.

Offline Man in the Funny Hat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Craft Repair
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 01:48:16 am »
It would be cool to see how long it will take to repair our crafts in any case.

Offline Arpia

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 06:43:39 am »
- repair bay, reduces repair time if one or more is built - could also be used to fix up armor or destroyed tanks for a reduced cost?
- number of unassigned engineers (can't fix a craft if your manufacturing laser cannons) reduces repair time by a percentage up to a maximum amount.
- craft weapon - alloy armor - uses a craft weapon slot, adds extra health to a craft

air to ground attack - ever sent a craft to take out an alien ship... it lands and for some reason this makes it immune to attack? and then takes off at max speed and outruns the interceptor and leave you grinding your teeth in frustration? air to ground attack...
basically, let us bomb the SOB!

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 01:27:24 pm »
air to ground attack - ever sent a craft to take out an alien ship... it lands and for some reason this makes it immune to attack? and then takes off at max speed and outruns the interceptor and leave you grinding your teeth in frustration? air to ground attack...
basically, let us bomb the SOB!

Interceptors only have air-to-air weapons... XD
Their not bombers... :P

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 03:16:44 pm »
I wish they had more interesting fighter combat.  It could be another soldier skill.  Just love the amount of personalization you have in the game as it is, but hey, maybe a few new skills like hand to hand combat, fighter piloting and maybe interacting with computer terminals maybe.

Maybe even missions where you deploy explosives to destroy the very large ships on the ground, and other variations....

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 06:00:16 pm »
We need new weapons for our fighters... ^^

Bombing bay, available at the start to bomb landed UFO's, ALL UFO's will be defenceless... ^^
With differing bombs: normal bombs (can buy, about as strong avalanche missiles) and Plasma bombs (after researching plasma cannons, as strong as plasma cannons)

Fusion bomb launchers can bomb in both the air and on the ground. Seeing they use way points ^^

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 11:02:10 pm »
if you want to give this to xcom, I want to see it for the UFOs, too. imagine carefully creeping through a nighttime jungle towards a landed large scout, when suddenly a giant green beam cuts through the underbrush, vaporizing two of your soldiers... pro: now you have a clear path to the UFO, but are you willing to risk using it?

...this reminds me of something... https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1523.0.html

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 08:53:51 am »
if you want to give this to xcom, I want to see it for the UFOs, too. imagine carefully creeping through a nighttime jungle towards a landed large scout, when suddenly a giant green beam cuts through the underbrush, vaporizing two of your soldiers... pro: now you have a clear path to the UFO, but are you willing to risk using it?
[/url]

Though the geoscape gets paused when you are in tactical combat... :\

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 09:16:21 am »
Mod it so you can let a few seconds of real-time roll on the Geoscape for every turn you take. Then we'll use of the Geoscape on a second screen or switch to it on the same screen. During a Battlescape mission, you turn to the Geoscape monitor and have the option to send a bomber out to the Crash-Site. You'll have to wait a few turns for the bomber jet to get to your location.

Any other Skyrangers heading to another UFO Site while you're on a mission will continue to move forward as you end turns. If the Skyrangers get to the targeted location before your mission ends, the UFO Site will freeze and wait for your current mission to end so you can go to that next mission at the time the Skyranger landed and not when you finished your mission... If you have a third monitor though, you'll be able to take on two missions at once 8)

Time will move slow for every turn in the Battlescape, so you probably won't miss another UFO Site on the Geoscape if you don't have another Skyranger to send out while you're on the battlescape.

Please do this. I'll buy 2 monitors just to be able to experience this!

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 09:21:54 am »
Though the geoscape gets paused when you are in tactical combat... :\

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about using craft weapons in the battlescape, while you were talking about aerial bombardment of crash sites. My bad :)

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 01:34:13 pm »
Mod it so you can let a few seconds of real-time roll on the Geoscape for every turn you take. Then we'll use of the Geoscape on a second screen or switch to it on the same screen. During a Battlescape mission, you turn to the Geoscape monitor and have the option to send a bomber out to the Crash-Site. You'll have to wait a few turns for the bomber jet to get to your location.

Any other Skyrangers heading to another UFO Site while you're on a mission will continue to move forward as you end turns. If the Skyrangers get to the targeted location before your mission ends, the UFO Site will freeze and wait for your current mission to end so you can go to that next mission at the time the Skyranger landed and not when you finished your mission... If you have a third monitor though, you'll be able to take on two missions at once 8)

Time will move slow for every turn in the Battlescape, so you probably won't miss another UFO Site on the Geoscape if you don't have another Skyranger to send out while you're on the battlescape.

No, that makes it too complicated...
And why would a 2nd Skyranger get frozen while interceptors can move freely? XD

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 02:18:44 pm »

Just started reading this topic, not sure how it went from Craft Repair to playing Geoscape and Battlescape at the same time :P

I think the 2 options should be linked , you could easily pick a time frame per turn , Maybe 1 min, and each turn you have cost you real time in Geoscape. I am against playing both at once though, any craft on route to a crash site can continue there even when you are in battle, they simply dont LAND until there given the confirmation request from you, and craft returning home is free to do so, no delays.  Any New UFO spawned , you can be told about once you return to Geoscape, you could easily setup a simply Auto-launch option to handle this request. Once there linked , interesting things can happen, like Second UFO showing up to support first , skyranger loading the goods after a mission can be attacked around a partially dismantles UFO, carpet bombing both alien supports/Rouge agents/Terrorists we have already had full discussions on this topic under other Forum Topics.

It will never happen unless someone starts looking at the code as it wont be a easy request :-[

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 05:24:37 pm »
any craft on route to a crash site can continue there even when you are in battle, they simply dont LAND until there given the confirmation request from you,

What if said craft runs out of fuel? XD

Offline Arpia

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 08:10:49 pm »
Interceptors only have air-to-air weapons... XD
Their not bombers... :P

I was suggesting they give us access to bombs as an optional weapon >.>

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 10:32:12 pm »
I was suggesting they give us access to bombs as an optional weapon >.>

We need new weapons for our fighters... ^^

Bombing bay, available at the start to bomb landed UFO's, ALL UFO's will be defenceless... ^^
With differing bombs: normal bombs (can buy, about as strong avalanche missiles) and Plasma bombs (after researching plasma cannons, as strong as plasma cannons)

Fusion bomb launchers can bomb in both the air and on the ground. Seeing they use way points ^^