aliens

Author Topic: Saving some more space  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Hythlodaeus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Saving some more space
« on: September 01, 2013, 09:20:33 pm »
I previously made this thread about mashing some fields together in the manufacture menu in order to save some space. Turns out it worked quite well, and I thought the same could be done to a lot of other fields, in order to make the various basescape menus a lot less busy. Here are a few examples of fields that could easily be mashed together into a */* field:

Research menu: mash scientists allocated/available into a single field

Manufacture menu: same thing. Mash engineers allocated/available into a single field

Equip craft menu: mash space available/used into a single field

Assign crew menu: same as previous mash space available/used into a single field

Any other ideas on how to improve the readability of menus?

Offline Arpia

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Saving some more space
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 06:59:55 am »
seeing the "inventory" and "unload" button added to the skyranger equipment screen makes me realise the sheer amount of space the "ok" button takes up... It's not really adding space as this would be adding more buttons, but would it be possible to cut the oversized "ok" button and add in some other buttons like the "inventory"/"unload" buttons too? for craft you could have a button to go directly from squad to equipment. from buy you could transfer directly to sell. from research to manufacture.
That or implement navigation tabs. o_o