Author Topic: Transfer loot from sites  (Read 18046 times)

Offline Juju Dredd

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My gamer website (french)
Re: Transfer loot from sites
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2013, 01:22:39 am »
I think a very simple option, such as adding a transfer of items would be great.
We can imagine another organization, a civilian one, collect the items and bring them to your base.

I don't think it's necessary to stop the "exploit" of exceeding base storage with this as it will prevent you from manufacturing and transferring from other bases. We could consider the excess is stored outside the base, and administration refuse you manufacture more items as long as this "unacceptable" state has not been solved...

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2013, 12:13:12 pm »
What about needing a new transport ship in you base to get most stuff? ^^

And you can have new ones unlocked like with the Firestorm, Lightning and Avanger.
offcourse they need their own hanger as well and a small crew of soldiers.

Alternatively, you can use those planes to go on missions too but they hold less soldiers, as most room is for cargo not people.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2013, 12:08:33 pm »
What about needing a new transport ship in you base to get most stuff? ^^

And you can have new ones unlocked like with the Firestorm, Lightning and Avanger.
offcourse they need their own hanger as well and a small crew of soldiers.

Alternatively, you can use those planes to go on missions too but they hold less soldiers, as most room is for cargo not people.

I thought about this, too, but somebody objected (rightfully) that this would increase the micro-management to a point where it would probably become tedious.

that's why I think it should be as simple as possible, hence my proposal from before. :)

Offline Juju Dredd

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My gamer website (french)
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2013, 11:15:33 pm »
I thought about this, too, but somebody objected (rightfully) that this would increase the micro-management to a point where it would probably become tedious.

that's why I think it should be as simple as possible, hence my proposal from before. :)

I totally agree with that.  X-com is a well-balanced game between management and action, if you change that it will be bad.