Author Topic: [WEAPON] [CRAFT] Tyran_nick's mods  (Read 52567 times)

Offline tyran_nick

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Tyran_nick's mods
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2013, 03:21:19 am »
Nice! Actually (as you may have already spotted) the image I used is an altered image of one of the initial designs for NASP.
Glad to see more people working on this :)

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2013, 11:36:38 am »
"terrain technologies" should probably read "terran technologies", right? :)

Offline wsmithjr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2013, 05:08:20 am »
I took the Sentinel that somebody had done and turned it into something similar to this. However I also added a monthly upkeep for the ship just like the normal interceptor. I wonder if the lack of upkeep does too much harm to the financial game balance?  Maybe not in the case of this version as a single ship can't really replace an interceptor for general duty. Something to think about. I'll give this a look when I get a chance. Thanks for the work on it.

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2013, 08:17:22 am »
Here's my take on the Thunderstorm, using an X-30 NASP image as a starting base, with some redone fluff. Have yet to do the other images required for full implementation (base hangar image and intercept button).

@MKSheppard
This image is really cool. Could you please upload it without the writing? Then I could steal it for my own mod.  ::)

Offline glokk2

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2013, 09:42:24 pm »
Hello!

Made a mod of the game ,changed the form and weapons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzzoWNOH4BI

Offline MKSheppard

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2013, 01:43:38 am »
In the grim darkness of the far future, alien plasma rifle is no match for AK-47!

DA COMRADE.  8)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2013, 12:05:26 pm »
I like these mods a lot  and i wish to add your work to the mod site, that begin said,  i would most liekly use these for some larger expanded game when independent countries try to deal with the Alien threat themselves and interfere ( some times violently) with X-coms agenda.

Offline glokk2

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2013, 08:55:11 pm »
Hello!
AK and its modifications are the most common in small arms in the world. According to the available estimates of this type (including the licensed and unlicensed copies, as well as third-party solutions on the basis of AK) belongs to 1/5 of the total available on Earth rifle firearms.[3] Over 60 years, was released more than 70 million Kalashnikov rifles of various modifications. They are in service with 50 foreign armies If they attack us aliens now , from a bullet of the AK-47 possibly perish the first visitor!

Offline Istrebitel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2013, 01:29:42 pm »
Awesome mod! Thoroughly enjoying it!

However, may I suggest that you increase the cooldown on the Canon? The way it is now, the sound of the shot overlaps too much and it sounds wierd. I tweaked the stats into these:
    damage: 100
    range: 60
    accuracy: 90
    reloadCautious: 10
    reloadStandard: 10
    reloadAggressive: 8

Net effect (DPS) is the same in normal attack modes and a little tiny bit less in aggressive mode, but the sound gets to be fully played.

Offline tyran_nick

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2013, 12:38:13 am »
Thanks!

That was what I was originally thinking, but then I opted for high speed fire to try it out a bit.
The play game difference between a high rate-low damage or a low rate-high damage is the chance of completely destroying ufos.

I think I ll go with your suggestion. I'll implement that in the next revision. I am trying to get my head around the tank/hovertank graphics to add the missing weapon for those, but I want to revamp the hovertank itself first.

Offline Istrebitel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2013, 04:54:11 pm »
Yes, the only true difference would be that you won't be able to crash very smalls, but then again, one alien and several alloys, are they worth it at the point of the game where you field mass canons?

Offline tyran_nick

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2013, 01:41:06 am »
True. When I get the time I ll put up an updated version.
I will also update them to correct for the translation system changes in the latest builds.

Offline Hadan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2013, 09:12:00 pm »
I took the liberty of correcting the language strings  ;)
Going to try them now, sorry if there are any typos.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2013, 11:56:33 am »
In the grim darkness of the far future, alien plasma rifle is no match for AK-47!

DA COMRADE.  8)

Engineers could have upgraded AK-47 rounds with unstable elerium particles resulting in small explosions as the bullets hit.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2013, 12:15:05 pm »
Here's my take on the Thunderstorm, using an X-30 NASP image as a starting base, with some redone fluff. Have yet to do the other images required for full implementation (base hangar image and intercept button).

Why not make it an upgraded version of the thunderstorm? Like Lightning-Storm or Tornado?