aliens

Author Topic: MAPVIEW upgrade  (Read 259703 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: MAPVIEW upgrade
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2015, 07:12:07 pm »
Just tested the Version you appended to your last post.

Wine complitly failes to load the Programm:

18:07:11 user@my-machine:~/games/openxcom/MapView_PckView$ wine MapView.exe
fixme:wincodecs:PngDecoder_Block_GetCount stub

Unhandled Exception:
System.TimeZoneNotFoundException: Exception of type 'System.TimeZoneNotFoundException' was thrown.
  at System.TimeZoneInfo.get_Local () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.CurrentSystemTimeZone.GetUtcOffset (DateTime time) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.TimeZone.GetLocalTimeDiff (DateTime time) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.DateTime.get_Now () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.TextBox:.ctor ()
  at MapView.Forms.Error.ErrorWindow.InitializeComponent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MapView.Forms.Error.ErrorWindow..ctor (System.Exception exception) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) MapView.Forms.Error.ErrorWindow:.ctor (System.Exception)
  at MapView.Forms.Error.ErrorWindowAdapter.HandleException (System.Exception exception) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MapView.Startup.RunProgram () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) MapView.Startup:RunProgram ()
  at MapView.Program.TestRun () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MapView.Program.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TimeZoneNotFoundException: Exception of type 'System.TimeZoneNotFoundException' was thrown.
  at System.CurrentSystemTimeZone.GetUtcOffset (DateTime time) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.TimeZone.GetLocalTimeDiff (DateTime time) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.TextBox:.ctor ()
  at MapView.Forms.Error.ErrorWindow.InitializeComponent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MapView.Forms.Error.ErrorWindow..ctor (System.Exception exception) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) MapView.Forms.Error.ErrorWindow:.ctor (System.Exception)
  at MapView.Forms.Error.ErrorWindowAdapter.HandleException (System.Exception exception) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MapView.Startup.RunProgram () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) MapView.Startup:RunProgram ()
  at MapView.Program.TestRun () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MapView.Program.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Same error on Pckview:

18:07:57 user@my-machine:~/games/openxcom/MapView_PckView$ wine PckView.exe
fixme:wincodecs:PngDecoder_Block_GetCount stub

Unhandled Exception:
System.TimeZoneNotFoundException: Exception of type 'System.TimeZoneNotFoundException' was thrown.
  at System.Windows.Forms.WinFileSystem..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.MWFVFS..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog:.ctor ()
  at PckView.PckViewForm.InitializeComponent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PckView.PckViewForm..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) PckView.PckViewForm:.ctor ()
  at PckView.Program.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TimeZoneNotFoundException: Exception of type 'System.TimeZoneNotFoundException' was thrown.
  at System.Windows.Forms.WinFileSystem..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.MWFVFS..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog:.ctor ()
  at PckView.PckViewForm.InitializeComponent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PckView.PckViewForm..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) PckView.PckViewForm:.ctor ()
  at PckView.Program.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Looks like the exceptions are not being handled correctly.

Also:

18:10:45 user@my-machine:~/games/openxcom/MapView_PckView$ wine MapView.vshost.exe

Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.Sync, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.Sync, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.Sync, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.Sync, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 07:14:42 pm by hellrazor »

Offline TheBigSot

• Sergeant
  • Fight, Die, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2015, 05:11:04 am »
Hey I just saw the exceptions, by the type of exception it looks like the environment needs some more configuration to make the app work, I may be able to add code to auto-fill missing system configuration information, but then a lot of other configurations might be missing and a lot of other auto-filling code might be needed.

I may have time to look at this issue in the weekend. Source "https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.timezonenotfoundexception(v=vs.110).aspx" Remarks

The other Exception 'FileNotFoundException' if you are compiling the code, you may want to look at the following link, where they talk about issues that come when compiling different platform target 
"https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14657361/naoqi-and-leap-problems-an-unhandled-exception-of-type-system-badimageformatex"
Else google the error, because I don't think I can help you with this one.
"https://bit.ly/1zDG1fg"

Offline TheBigSot

• Sergeant
  • Fight, Die, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2015, 02:08:40 am »
Hey, I was talking about this issue with some co-workers, and they recommend that you use Mono instead of Wine, after reading this 'https://askubuntu.com/questions/31273/difference-between-wine-and-mono' it makes sense that your environment is missing configuration.

So I would highly recommend using mono.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2015, 11:47:09 pm »
Hey, I was talking about this issue with some co-workers, and they recommend that you use Mono instead of Wine, after reading this 'https://askubuntu.com/questions/31273/difference-between-wine-and-mono' it makes sense that your environment is missing configuration.

So I would highly recommend using mono.

Well thanks for your response anyway, if fired up virtualbox with windows7 for the time being. But i really would like participate in rewriting some of the Code of Mapview PCKview, to make it portable to Linux.

I am just making an education as an IT Systems Engineer and we are currently developing with csharp, so i am interested in getting some more skills.

Likewise i find the gui of mapview a real mess, no shortcuts for quicker editing and those windows... just make one big one and integrate everything in it or something else.
I also took the freedom to take a look in the codebase on github, to understand alittle bit more.

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2015, 08:48:59 am »
I have a long-term plan of extending my mcdedit to the scope of map+mcd editor. But the vision of the final result is pretty blurry. It's pretty hard to find elegant and usable solution.

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2015, 07:02:26 pm »
Honestly your preview map is a great step towards that. Would it be possible to do a tabbed window interface, with the mcd in one tab, pck in a second, and the preview map in a third? It would be grat if the PCk editing toos could persist across the last two tabs, but I'd really like to see the map larger on the edit window.

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2015, 08:18:49 pm »
@jackstraw2323
Spoiler:
Would it be possible to do a tabbed window interface, with the mcd in one tab, pck in a second, and the preview map in a third?
If you'll be seeing either pck editor or preview - it would be really bad. Preview should persist ALONG with pck editor, to quickly reflect all changes.
It would be grat if the PCk editing toos could persist across the last two tabs, but I'd really like to see the map larger on the edit window.
Yeah, that's the problem of mixing all this stuff together... It's not easy to find really elegant workaround. And I won't even start trying doing this, until I "see" whole picture consistent. Don't forget, with MAP editor it's not just 3 windows. Include MCDset editing for the map (I'd like to see MCDSet being editable handy way not by config editing like in MAPviewer), and the route layer (tho it'd be better to mix them with map itself).

Though it's whole new tool, and goes slightly off this topic, I guess. It'd need another one, to discuss and find solution without interfering other discussions.

And I didn't think over the MAP editor design and layout (and how it can be integrated with mcd editor), yet.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 08:23:54 pm by volutar »

Offline TheBigSot

• Sergeant
  • Fight, Die, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2015, 11:40:48 pm »
Nice, I would rather focus on functionality since there are some missing tools or buttons here and there,
But if we are going to design an interface we need to know the workflow of the app and woot tools are needed for each step.

To my understanding the workflow and tools required are :

1. Edit tiles and tile sets - requires volutar tool MCD edit, tile set viewer, external image editor
2. Map tileset editor (dont think it exists)
3. Map edit - requires most of map view tools except RMP editor
4. Route (RMP) edit - requires most of map view tools except tiles editor/selector

** if i'm missing a step please reply

So based on this 4 stepz we could create a combo or some buttons to change the feel of the app depending on the step the user is working

But if u guys like the idea i can point some changes to volutars tool to be able to integrate it, also ideas are welcome

But again, i would first do the level layer add/remove function

GL HF

Offline TheBigSot

• Sergeant
  • Fight, Die, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2015, 11:46:48 pm »
Btw if a new thread is created for the "Complete Picture, map editor integration" PM me.

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2015, 03:27:33 pm »
If we look at the adobe tools we could take some UI elements to improve mapedit. Photoshop has a lot of different options, that are either tabbed, or set in groups with the sidebar drawer. Similar to the pallet or layers UI groups in photoshop you could have the mcd tiles in a collapsible sidebar pallet that could be pulled out or left open for the topview interface. Dreamweaver also had a good UI element, with code below and preview above. I could see the preview map living above the topview, with tabs for Topview, RMPView.

Better file tools would be really helpful, as right now I have to set paths etc manually and copy my files in and out of the default UFO defense folder. To version control, to openxcom folder, and to mcdedit folders.

Offline TheBigSot

• Sergeant
  • Fight, Die, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2015, 06:47:56 pm »
Can you create some mockups of ur vision

Like sceeenshot of how u see it all together

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2015, 09:16:45 pm »
Something like the attached maybe?

Offline TheBigSot

• Sergeant
  • Fight, Die, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2015, 09:02:20 pm »
Looks interesting and may fulfill the 3rd and 4th points of the workflows.,
Spoiler:
maybe
I'll work on it.

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2015, 04:05:51 pm »
The project target framework is .Net Framework 4.0
after installing https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=5555
and the .net framework on a new VM i get
.NET Framework Initialization Error
unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application
Okay had to download the 3.5 framework as well to get it running. Any way to include a readme with requirements and dependencies or change the EXE so it only needs 4.0?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 04:19:57 pm by jackstraw2323 »

Offline TheBigSot

• Sergeant
  • Fight, Die, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2015, 06:33:46 pm »
I don't think it requires the framework 4, but ill review requirements