Author Topic: MAPVIEW upgrade  (Read 259546 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: MAPVIEW upgrade
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2013, 01:29:04 pm »
No problems mate , your the Boss, your work so far as already saved a lot of time in setting up and building maps so i will just remind you every few weeks  ;)

FYI: The expanded functionality for "Auto connect nodes" would be great next ( auto linking existing Nodes).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 03:04:25 pm by luke83 »

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2013, 07:36:48 pm »
FYI: The expanded functionality for "Auto connect nodes" would be great next ( auto linking existing Nodes).

That the one that when you set up a link from one node to another, it'll ask you if you want to try and set up a reverse connection too?

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2013, 12:16:38 am »
Yes, don't ask with a message box or anything , that will be annoying , either select the existing auto link tick box or add another one to use with this feature :) 

By adding all these Auto linking node rules,it will take 1/3 of the time to create the RMP data, that's a huge time saver when your building  big map sets like i do.

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2013, 04:03:24 pm »
Hmmm, does it crash for anyone else when you open UFO - Ships -> Alien -> UFO_01a?

I don't have this map file in my steam lot. I do have a "UFO1A.MAP" file though.

Also, if I open UFO_000, I get some really skewed graphics

Anyway. Posted a new version where the AutoConnect now works with existing nodes that are newly linked together

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2013, 01:34:37 pm »
I have the same error on the First 3 UFOs.

Also added Linking error to Github, every return link is being saved as i scroll through the list of possible links, the save of the return links should only happen once you click out of the currently selected "Link" dropdown box.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 01:39:54 pm by luke83 »

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2013, 01:39:57 pm »
I have the same error on the First 3 UFOs, not sure why.

Also added Linking error to Github, every return link is being saved as i scroll through the list of possible links, the save of the return links should only happen once you click out of the currently selected "Link" dropdown box.
Stick it as a bug on my git repo, and I'll sort that out later :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2013, 01:46:31 pm »
UFO_110 had the wrong map sets loaded. ( should be U_ext02, U_wall02, U_bits)
Ufo1a loads the wrong file as you noticed, you then just need to assign it the correct MCD set ( UFO1.mcd).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 01:52:13 pm by luke83 »

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2013, 02:02:06 pm »
Is this something that should be fixed in the MapView tool too? I assume so, as that creates the dat files. Can you stick an issue on for that too please? ;)

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2013, 10:12:42 am »
I've released a new version that fixes the Autoconnect "scrolling through the combobox" issue; and you can now connect nodes by rightclicking in the RmpView (If Autoconnect is checked, it will also try and create the reverse link too).

I have been thinking about redesigning some of this tool to work better with OpenXCOM data, and merge with M.A.R.S. (I don't know if you've been following the other OXCTools thread). After all, one of the issues on my repo is remove "unused UFOs", but if we use OXC ruleset data, we will only process valid data anyway.

I'm not sure on timescale for that merge, but you'll start to see a MARS binary join the distribution folder when it's a bit further down the line

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2013, 12:31:51 pm »
Excellent i will try the new version soon.

One question what is MARS?

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2013, 12:49:11 pm »
One question what is MARS?
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1361.0.html

Basically, it's a UI for editing OXC rulesets. So it should be easier to make mods etc.

Edit: Updated the build again to fix some crashes - see Issue 10. Would be good to know if I've fixed this properly

Cheers
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 02:40:27 pm by pmprog »

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2013, 04:48:56 am »
Mod Authored Ruleset Suite (MARS)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2014, 01:43:44 pm »
Luke,

I've fixed the DAT file saving now (point 1.), and I've also added your auto link (point 2.). So as you drop nodes, it'll add a link back to the previous node, and also try and add a link from the previous node to the new one. I think that's what you were asking for. The source code on SourceForge didn't have the "Default" checkbox shown in your screenshot. I should be able to add it back in, if you can tell me what it does?

Source code can be found here:
https://github.com/pmprog/OpenXCOM.Tools

Binary downloads are here:
https://github.com/pmprog/OpenXCOM.Tools/tree/master/Distribution

I need to go and do some less exciting, but more important stuff, so I'll come back to the other bits later. If you could test out my changes though, that would be helpful

So OXC has reached version 1.0 and I missed the big event...Bummer... Anyway, 6 more months people and I will start showing my ugly head around this community again. In the mean time, I need to start setting up my Modding environment again and stat tracking down all my programs and files.

Now there is a thriving community of modders, I must ask, has any further improvements been made to this program since I have been gone?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2014, 08:46:28 pm »
I'm trying to run this version on Windows 7 64 bit but it doesn't work. But my older version works fine. Anything I can do to get the new version running?

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2014, 09:47:15 pm »
do you have installed the visual studio 2010 SP1 runtime system ?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=5555

I have rebuilt MapView now
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 09:58:51 pm by davide »