aliens

Author Topic: [WEAPON] Ufo:TTS Style SniperRifle  (Read 49011 times)

Offline toshiaki2115

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
[WEAPON] Ufo:TTS Style SniperRifle
« on: May 23, 2013, 04:53:32 pm »
Good day, commanders.
I'm japanese
Since not write English, I use Google Translate.Because I do not think I read, please understanding, somehow

Ufo The two side Style SniperRifle
UFO: The Two Sides from sniper rifle. The contents of Ufopedia, I wrote I have delusion
This is useful to raise the hit rate, but you will suffer from power shortages since the mid.(English only)

Image is normal rifle .(gun bigSprite: 1 ,crip bigSprite: 2)
You can be close (in the sprite folder) to Ufo the two side by using the image of the bundle it if you do not like.
I do not know how to add a custom file, I have integrated BBtoolpack( https://www.strategycore.co.uk/files/bbs-toolkit/ )

Custom Style Sniper Rifle
more cost ,more Accuracy, more Heavy weight, more use turn, small Increase power.
I Like !

Install
download  Sniper_Rifle_Mod.rar.
Please look at the post of https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1245.0.html
Sniper_Rifle_Mod.rar unzip data (ruleset folder and resources folder) in the openxcom/data/ folder,
Appending config.cfg isunder the  rulesets: <br>  - Xcom1Ruleset of    - SniperRifle_u2s or   - SniperRifle_custom  (choose your like!)

(I need custom sound parameter and more weapon's parameter(hit rate correction due to the distance And  the size of the collision detection of the bullet itself) )

DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 11:12:42 am by Warboy1982 »

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Ufo:TTS Style SniperRifle
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 04:52:08 am »
i've taken the liberty of adding some handobs and a floorob for it, and defined them all in the ruleset for you, and attached it to your post.

note: you will need to use the more recent git builds to make use of this

edit - you can now define strings in the ruleset, no need for the diff patch any more.

this as a completely usable mod for any git version above 2013_05_25_0722 :D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 12:13:15 pm by Warboy1982 »

Offline winterheart

• Colonel
  • Fellow Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 07:23:49 am »
Your diff made from clean Language file? It seems you already installed some mod before diff. Anyway here corrected string for your rifle:

STR_SNIPER_RIFLE_UFOPEDIA
This 12.7-mm caliber sniper rifle is more powerful than usual rifle and have excellent accuracy. Though, it is hard to maintain and has slow fire rate.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 02:18:39 pm »
@toshiaki2115  Nice weapon!  Add a little more colors and contrast maybe?

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 03:02:48 pm by mercy »

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 03:37:54 pm »
@mercy: I like your version, but I think it looks too futuristic - in the way that it doesn't fit in with the other starting weapons. perhaps your version could be an upgraded one, after alien alloys have been researched?

Offline Nightwolf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 03:46:14 pm »
I like the rifle (also the idea of an alloy version) I will test it tonight :)

Volutar

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 07:49:06 pm »
No matter futuristic or not, making illuminative parts will be "target spots" and sniper will be killed at once.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 11:12:57 pm »
our soldiers are emitting a lot of light already, I think we can safely ignore glowy bits on the weapons :) :) :)

Offline hmaon

• Sergeant
  • C jockey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 02:57:35 am »
How about:

STR_SNIPER_RIFLE_UFOPEDIA
This 12.7-mm caliber sniper rifle is more powerful than a standard rifle and has excellent accuracy. However, it is harder to use and has a low rate of fire.

I don't know what y'all meant by "hard to maintain" actually.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 05:24:42 am »
@toshiaki2115:

i hope you will allow me to use this for my mod.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 12:13:07 pm »
@toshiaki2115:

i hope you will allow me to use this for my mod.

MODded content could be added to the main release with [MOD] tags in config files or something and ENABLE MODs YES/NO switch in Advanced Options.

This way all modded content would slowly trickle into the game. OpenXCOM itself won't contain any original UFO DEFENSE graphics/data, but ALL of the best MODs.

It would make debugging harder, but immensely worth it. Think about armed civilians, soldiers, police officers, grenade launchers and new types of aliens from here:

https://www.gollopgames.com/2013/04/original-x-com-concept-art.html?spref=tw

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 12:55:06 pm »
MODded content could be added to the main release with [MOD] tags in config files or something and ENABLE MODs YES/NO switch in Advanced Options.

This way all modded content would slowly trickle into the game. OpenXCOM itself won't contain any original UFO DEFENSE graphics/data, but ALL of the best MODs.

It would make debugging harder, but immensely worth it. Think about armed civilians, soldiers, police officers, grenade launchers and new types of aliens from here:

https://www.gollopgames.com/2013/04/original-x-com-concept-art.html?spref=tw

Armed Civilians why didn't i think of that  :P

I still think its safer keeping the mods separate to the main project, last thing we ever want is legal issues and to have all the hard work taken down. That being said , i understand for new users , people don't always want to build there own MOD game ASAP as it can be a BIG ask, this is why i have always envisioned the MODSITE to store "STABLE" mods created by users for other people to play without all the hassle. The First person on there to work towards this Goal was Warboy but then he got all distracted with helping the main project :P

The Mod site is there as a separate entity to the main project for copyright issues ( better to be safe than sorry) , i have no objections if the powers that be, want to Join the projects together ( i will gladly sign over all my stuff and it will save me some $$$) but i cant see it being worth the risk , right now its pretty safe as there using nothing from the original game.

Also all you new modders , contact me so we can store your data safely over the Long term, there is nothing worst than looking for a MOD 3 years on and you cant find it anywhere >:(

Offline Nightwolf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 01:22:19 pm »
Just in case you want to add spanish and spanishAl:

STR_SNIPER_RIFLE_UFOPEDIA: Este rifle del calibre 12.7-mm es más potente que el rifle habitual, contando con una excelente precisión. En contra, su baja cadencia de disparo y dificultad de manejo.
      STR_SNIPER_RIFLE: Rifle Francotirador
      STR_SNIPER_RIFLE_CLIP: Cargador del Rifle Francotirador.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 02:32:41 pm »
I copied the contents from Updated sniper rifle.rar to Resources and Ruleset.

There is no config.cfg

What is in the config.cfg? Should I create it and what to put in there for these MODs to work in the main campaign?

Offline Nightwolf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 02:44:03 pm »
Must go to (in case of windows 7) C:\Users\<yourusername>\Documents\OpenXcom here can find it.