aliens

Author Topic: CraftWeapon sub-info  (Read 511 times)

Offline Extremator

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
CraftWeapon sub-info
« on: August 19, 2024, 01:12:01 am »
Hello!
I would like to ask questions and therefore suggest some small ideas for implementation (if possible).

1. I want to be able to specify my own text for weapons that do not have their own parameters related to displaying the amount of ammo (AMMO and MAX). Is it possible to implement?
P1.png , P2.png

2. Is it possible to make it so that the ammunition is displayed not in two different lines, but in one? For example: "AMMO>0/300"

3. Added the ability to DISABLE a certain weapon position, after which the * symbol is added to its name to indicate this effect. Is it possible to make it so that this is indicated by changing the COLOR of the name? (for example, to gray or red). I believe that the player's eye reacts faster and easier to color indication.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: CraftWeapon sub-info
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2024, 08:56:25 am »
1. and 2. are possible to implement
(that doesn't mean I will automatically do it; first I would have to see some interest from modders: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=11631.0)

3. the only available text colors in basescape are: white, blue, gold, pink and purple
(in TFTD only 3 colors: white, blue, green)

Offline Extremator

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2024, 09:23:13 am »
It probably doesn't matter which color you choose.
The important thing is that the color will change when switching!

I believe that if we simply give modders the ability to arbitrarily describe bonuses or qualities of modules installed in gun positions, they will definitely use them.  :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2024, 09:41:08 am »
I believe that if we simply give modders the ability to arbitrarily describe bonuses or qualities of modules installed in gun positions, they will definitely use them.  :)

They describe them already in Ufopedia.
(where they also have a lot more available space than on this screen... you can barely put 6-7 words here)

Offline Extremator

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2024, 03:21:37 pm »
Yes, I understand that.

I would use the available space as a numerical clue, eg:

”ARMOR>{ALT}+10{ALT}"
or
"FUEL>{ALT}+50{ALT}"
or
"SPEED>{ALT}+300{ALT}"

At the moment, it is not possible to open information about a weapon from the pedia by middle-clicking on its name? Without re-selecting the currently installed weapon from the list.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 03:25:26 pm by Extremator »