Author Topic: Feels like enemies are more difficult. MYSTERY SOLVED - Warboy is a meanie  (Read 30409 times)

Volutar

I agree. This "welcoming" behaviour should depend on difficulty level.

Offline SHADO

• Captain
    • View Profile
There may be a misunderstanding here.  It could be that the aliens are really happy to see X-Com.  They may be looking forward to learning about our culture and making new friends.

Either that or they're craving some delicious human soup...

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
and this is why i should never share information.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
I don't wanna live on a planet where X-COM is reasonable. :(

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
i think, aliens are here to kill us, they should have an little advantage if they are arrive (crashed) there first :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
i think, aliens are here to kill us, they should have an little advantage if they are arrive (crashed) there first :)
Even for Noobs playing on the easiest level????  Personally i love being slaughtered in xcom , that is why i play it , however after trying to get some younger gamers into it, they play one mission and want to curl up into a ball for 3 weeks because they lost all there people :)

anonilsus

Even for Noobs playing on the easiest level????  Personally i love being slaughtered in xcom , that is why i play it , however after trying to get some younger gamers into it, they play one mission and want to curl up into a ball for 3 weeks because they lost all there people :)
That is called education.

Offline Perpatrator

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Feels like enemies are more difficult. Even on beginner.
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 01:24:53 am »
burn turn one, use smoke.

i added a small function to the spawn code to make all aliens within a short radius (approximately maximum fire distance) of your landing craft start off facing towards your ramp.

because i hate your soldiers and i want them dead.

Now I have 8 incapacitated soldiers from smoke asphyxiation. Saving the world is hard.

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
Re: Feels like enemies are more difficult. Even on beginner.
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 08:39:16 am »
burn turn one, use smoke.

i added a small function to the spawn code to make all aliens within a short radius (approximately maximum fire distance) of your landing craft start off facing towards your ramp.

because i hate your soldiers and i want them dead.

Bullshit! If you really wanted them dead here's what you would do. Turning some weak ass floaters toward the ramp is for pussies! >8(

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
what, hire an overrated actor to make a sub-par movie about a terrible moment in history?

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
what, hire an overrated actor to make a sub-par movie about a terrible moment in history?
Exactly!

Offline Tarvis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I don't wanna live on a planet where X-COM is reasonable. :(
It should at least be as reasonable as the original. This is a bit too far if you ask me.

At the very least, could it be an option? Adding it just because "lol Xcom is hard" is a bit shallow...

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
for the record, i DID adjust this ages ago.

Offline 54x

• Colonel
    • View Profile
It should at least be as reasonable as the original. This is a bit too far if you ask me.

At the very least, could it be an option? Adding it just because "lol Xcom is hard" is a bit shallow...

If you're keeping up with the GIT builds, it actually just got a LOT easier, so I don't think the whole aliens-facing-you thing is that bad.

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
i never understood why enemies facing a landing craft is so wrong, i know real life doesn't matter when playing a game but realistically if a troop carrier is landing and you are in the ground the first thing you are going to do is shoot the first idiot that pops his/her head out. Heck even with rules in place for war, enemies will shoot and kill non-combatants. because you know what there are NO RULES in war.

Think about every single war/battle scenario the "home advantage" goes to the one that is there first, Aliens are there and since an approaching craft is coming you would think they will be like "hey lets get ready!!!"