aliens

Author Topic: [DONE][Suggestion] Keyboard Shortcut to Add Indicator over a Soldier  (Read 2338 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [DONE][Suggestion] Keyboard Shortcut to Add Indicator over a Soldier
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2024, 10:06:29 pm »
Thanks, man. I really appreciate it. And sorry for the negative feedback, I assure you it was not fun to give...

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2024, 03:05:52 am »
Just need to change the algorithm. Write a key? What?! Assign a key - click - the system accepts the key, or group of keys that were pressed. If there are matches, it cancels this key, or group of keys, from other functions. This works in many games, including very old ones. Is it really impossible to implement this in OXCE+?
If you are so smart say how exactly any engine "Assign a key", and I said "write" not "press" this are two completely different concept for software, I assume you are familial with diffret keyboard-layouts, can you explain how exactly any game engine handle this? and what then is difference between "writing text" and "pressing keys" (not mentioning "key up" and "key down")?
OXC have over 13 years, if someone decide not support special keys as bindable keys, now your only option is rewrite from scratch whole key-handling to propagate all required information.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2024, 10:11:18 am »
And nobody mentioned proximity detector? I am joining to this demonstration. This is mockery to blame us for not protesting earlier. No one could knew that new feature would break the older behavior.

Return Alt for scanner.
For markers use any other unused key/key combination, I don't care which.

So, I checked the implementation and the motion scanner hotkey change was never released.
(it was only experimented with during development and play-testing)

So big thanks for spreading fake news and initiating flame-wars.

Also thanks to everyone else for joining the pitchfork hunt without trying it even once.

You guys are really the worst.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2024, 07:27:05 pm »
Thanks, man. I really appreciate it. And sorry for the negative feedback, I assure you it was not fun to give...

Facing indicator hotkey has been changed from alt+ctrl to just alt. In OXCE 7.14.1.

Motion scanner hotkey remains unchanged and is still just alt.

Custom marker hotkey remains unchanged and is still just alt.

Summary: everything is displayed using just alt, alt+ctrl is not needed for anything
« Last Edit: September 09, 2024, 07:31:53 pm by Meridian »

Offline TheQuinch

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2024, 03:53:30 am »
Thanks, appreciated!

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2024, 08:05:09 pm »
This is a more general question. Would it be possible to trigger the build process automatically for tagged subreleases, say 7.14.1, 2, etc.?  So that users could grab the latest subrelease from https://openxcom.org/oxce/release/ (or some other site or directory) to more easily test new things. As far as I understand currently you would need to compile it youself, which is a high bar for most people.

Online Kozinsky

• Colonel
  • Sorry for my bEd English
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2024, 09:36:35 am »
This is a more general question. Would it be possible to trigger the build process automatically for tagged subreleases, say 7.14.1, 2, etc.?  So that users could grab the latest subrelease from https://openxcom.org/oxce/release/ (or some other site or directory) to more easily test new things. As far as I understand currently you would need to compile it youself, which is a high bar for most people.
You can download any test or latest build without manual compilation from the http://108.61.157.159/versions/win/