Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1180713 times)

Offline dirocola

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3885 on: June 19, 2024, 01:11:26 pm »
Is there a way to get wrecked cyberdisc? I got one somehow, but can't get another one, beacons they explode everytime. The only way is to smash it with melee weapon, right?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2024, 01:14:02 pm by dirocola »

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: June 19, 2024, 02:02:55 pm »
Well, it has to be a weapon/ammo with IgnoreSelfDestruct property.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2024, 03:20:43 pm by Delian »

Offline zombieguy223

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: June 19, 2024, 03:09:05 pm »
Is there a way to get wrecked cyberdisc? I got one somehow, but can't get another one, beacons they explode everytime. The only way is to smash it with melee weapon, right?
You need to down them using a damage type that prevents the death explosion. Piratin' Tip #105 has a list of them, you can find it here: https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_PINUP_105

The general idea is that most melee weapons work, with the exception of electric damage (e.g. stun rod, prod) and stabbing damage (e.g. rapier). I believe EMP is the only ranged damage type that works on cyberdiscs. I have been caught out before by using a prod to stun a cyberdisc, and the stunned cyberdisc then immediately exploding in my face.

After checking the rulesets a bit, laser stars, throwing hammers and throwing axes will also work as ranged options.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2024, 03:20:28 pm by zombieguy223 »

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: June 19, 2024, 08:20:03 pm »
To capture a live Cyberdisc, you first need to partially stun it with an electric weapon, e.g. electro-pulse or superconducting ammo, and then knock it out with one of the weapons that won't cause it to explode. If you don't have EMP weapons, then some of the ranged weapons/ammo that don't trigger self destruct are also:
Good Lookin' Rock, Sunblades, Firestars, Laser Stars, Magic Cards, Throwing Axes, Throwing Hammer, Disc o'Death, Cannonball o'Acid, ABCG Corrosive Compound, Mortar Shell/Acid, Acid Minibomb, Chem Grenade and Chem Mine.

Offline Dispector

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: June 24, 2024, 01:14:57 am »
Can someone explain how time regeneration works? I've started to pay more attention to game mechanics in my latest attempt at playthrough, and what caught my eye was the description of the Oldtimer condemnation: -1 Time Regen every level except 5th and 10th. I've been looking all over the place trying to figure out how TUs actually regenerate and still have no idea how much of an impact this condemnation, when taken to a high level, will have. Especially since I don't remember seeing anything that could compensate for this loss, as time regen doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere else.
So, how bad is it? I really liked Silver Snakes in my previous campaign, it's a bit of a downer to see that using them has drawbacks.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: June 24, 2024, 03:28:40 am »
At the beginning of your turn, most Ubers will regenerate half of their TU's, plus 150 if your freshness is full (see armor's stats for nerds).
So for instance, an Uber with 100 max TU will regenerate:
50 TU + 150 TU with full freshness
50 TU + 50 TU with 1/3 freshness left, just barely hitting her max TU
50 TU + 0 TU with 0 freshness left
In this case, if she had 1/3 freshness left, with -1 regen, she would regenerate 99 instead of 100 TU. But if she was above 1/3, you won't notice anything. So all it does is shift the point where you start losing TU from low freshness.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2024, 02:02:05 am by Delian »

Offline Dispector

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: June 24, 2024, 10:17:05 pm »
At the beginning of your turn, most Ubers will regenerate half of their TU's, plus 150 if your freshness is full (see armor's stats for nerds).
So for instance, an Uber with 100 max TU will regenerate:
50 TU + 150 TU with full freshness
50 TU + 50 TU with 1/3 freshness left, just barely hitting her max TU
50 TU + 0 TU with 0 freshness left
In this case, if she had 1/3 freshness left, with -1 regen, she would regenerate 99 instead of 100 TU. But is she was above 1/3, you won't notice anything. So all it does is shift the point where you start losing TU from low freshness.

Thanks, that's really helpful.

By the way, is this and other similar game mechanics-related info present anywhere in-game or somewhere else? Bootypedia seems to only have bits and pieces scattered throughout, and they are often hard to locate even if you know what you are looking for.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: June 24, 2024, 10:32:30 pm »
Read all the tip numbers, starting with #001 . They will more or less explain all the game mechanics.

Offline Yarrr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: July 02, 2024, 08:40:08 am »
Is it normal that I can't research the dark ones and the killer droids? I've looked up and it seems there are no requirements for them. Asking because I updated mid campaign.

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: July 02, 2024, 10:25:25 am »
Is it normal that I can't research the dark ones and the killer droids? I've looked up and it seems there are no requirements for them. Asking because I updated mid campaign.

The needed item is listed as nothing. Seems like a bug.
Edit: You can still get it from interrogations. Drifters are easy to get so this is a very small issue.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 10:53:01 am by Ultimoos »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3895 on: July 02, 2024, 06:48:13 pm »
The needed item is listed as nothing. Seems like a bug.
Edit: You can still get it from interrogations. Drifters are easy to get so this is a very small issue.

You get it automatically from doing autopsy on any of their corpses. That's why it doesn't have any 'item' by itself. Do not theorycraft from the viewer, run an experiment if you suspect there is an issue.

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: July 03, 2024, 12:34:44 am »
I assumed something is wrong because in N7 it lists "The dark ones" under "item destroyed". So I just compared pages from two different mod versions to see if something was off.  Yup. I did not do any in game tests.